Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'll give God of War a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

homeless snail posted:

it was in the pre show

why the gently caress did they put that on the pre-show

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there a list of all the Preshow games? Hidden Agenda looks really awesome and I didn't see any of it because the Giant Bombers cut away from it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Guy Goodbody posted:

seriously, that trailer for Spider-Man didn't look very good to me. The fun of the best Spider-Man games is swinging around freely. That whole sequence was really scripted

Every single spiderman game ever has had highly scripted sequences. There is literally zero reason to think it won't have just as much freedom as other spiderman games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dias posted:

too many games

ni no kuni 2 also in pre show

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

AngelesXO posted:

Was this at the pre-show or something? From the makers of Until Dawn, similar kind of game with co-op choices played with phones. As somebody who played Until Dawn with friends, this is definitely a must-buy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhUWf0aQ_s8

When was this revealed? I loved Until Dawn, so this is a day 1 purchase for me.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

They's probably announce something new, there's a gap in their release schedule between Splatton and Pokemon/Mario, they could fit a TMS #FE or Smash port in there

It's hard to imagine Nintendo with a solid launch lineup, but it could actually happen.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

bloodychill posted:

That's not fair. They also talk about boob anime games a lot because those are new to Nintendo people I guess.

My man have you seen that Armsers' booty though

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

bloodychill posted:

they oddly put the best game coming out this year in the pre-show

ni no kuni 2?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Every single spiderman game ever has had highly scripted sequences. There is literally zero reason to think it won't have just as much freedom as other spiderman games.

There is already a Spider-Man game with Batman combat and predator rooms, and scripted QTE boss fights.

It's open world.

DalaranJ posted:

It's hard to imagine Nintendo with a solid launch lineup, but it could actually happen.

You know the console is already out right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stux posted:

too many games

ni no kuni 2 also in pre show

I blame VR.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spiderman literally Batman, even the web swinging looked somehow familiar.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Aphrodite posted:

Oh yeah the Switch thread, known for good choices.

laffin for real if you don't think Mario Xcom is good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also undertale for ps4 and vita because the vita... is not dead my friends

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vita means life.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dias posted:

its a Play Link game and they had a big block of them to reinforce "play link" as an idea as if "you use your phone as a controller for this game" is a hard idea to grasp

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

amaranthine posted:

ni no kuni 2?

Everybody's Golf. But Ni No Kuni 2 looks really cool too.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
I hope the Nintendo Conference is just 30 minutes of Skyrim footage

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Stux posted:

the vita... is not dead my friends

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Aphrodite posted:

You know the console is already out right?

Well there's one in the next room. I meant first year lineup.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Caidin posted:

Uncharted and the Sitar guys were pretty great, I don't know why any god would ever want to get within 50 of Kratos at this point and I think Days Gone looks alright because I'm the guy who keeps buying zombie games and none of you can stop me.

i will

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Sony has an event in December, and since like 90% of the poo poo they talked about at all or have on the website for E3 are coming in 2018, they can talk about stuff they glossed over more during that event.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

amaranthine posted:

ni no kuni 2?

Undertale.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony's PSX is basically their Winter E3 and all the big Core Gamer announcements are there. For the past 2 (3 now) years Sony has used E3 to target like AAA gaming and casual audiences, if you want your Bloodbornes and your Yakuzas see you at PSX.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Just give me a new cyberpunk wallpaper CDPR. I'm not asking for much here.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

C.M. Kruger posted:

The zombie biker game was the only one that looked outright bad IMO.

Days Gone suffers from "I Don't Wanna Be That Guy" syndrome. It looks like it it's been "inspired by"/borrows a lot of mechanics I enjoyed in other games, but...another rough and tumble white dude, AND he's a Sons of Anarchy reject? I don't wanna be that guy. I don't want to spend 20 hours with that guy.

spasticColon posted:

Right now the only game I'm still excited for is the 2D DBZ fighter. Either video games are getting bad or I'm just finally outgrowing them.

It's probably both. Though the industry continues to grow, it has contracted something fierce over the last few years. There's so much more financial risk to releasing a major game now, and as such publishers put emphasis on titles most likely to sell to an audience (Males aged 13-25) you're probably not part of anymore.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Policenaut posted:

Sony's PSX is basically their Winter E3 and all the big Core Gamer announcements are there. For the past 2 (3 now) years Sony has used E3 to target like AAA gaming and casual audiences, if you want your Bloodbornes and your Yakuzas see you at PSX.

Unless you actually want Bloodborne in which case you'd watch it being announced at E3 in 2014 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

homeless snail posted:

it was in the pre show

This is dumb

That game crosses between Until Dawn with Co-Op but also board game tropes by having hidden agendas so the people you're playing with might be traitors and needing to trust each other

That's such a good concept and rather revolutionary for a video game

That should've been on the main show

Also helped by showing actual developers explaining the process

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lid posted:

This is dumb

That game crosses between Until Dawn with Co-Op but also board game tropes by having hidden agendas so the people you're playing with might be traitors and needing to trust each other

That's such a good concept and rather revolutionary for a video game

That should've been on the main show

Also helped by showing actual developers explaining the process

I cant wait for co-op John Carpenter's The Thing

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Hidden Agenda looks sweet. Unfortunately I couldn't get a single friend to play Until Dawn so single player it is then.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

JethroMcB posted:

Days Gone suffers from "I Don't Wanna Be That Guy" syndrome. It looks like it it's been "inspired by"/borrows a lot of mechanics I enjoyed in other games, but...another rough and tumble white dude, AND he's a Sons of Anarchy reject? I don't wanna be that guy. I don't want to spend 20 hours with that guy.

It looked like The Last Of Us, except it wasn't and we all know there's a sequel being produced. Also zombies and rear end in a top hat white people.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Days Gone would be fine if The Last of Us 2 was never going to exist. But it is going to exist. So Days Gone shoulda been reworked into a different genre.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lots of sick lookin games coming out in the next year. a plus.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bubba Smith posted:

Days Gone would be fine if The Last of Us 2 was never going to exist. But it is going to exist. So Days Gone shoulda been reworked into a different genre.

Days Gone feels like someone at Sony got told by Naughty Dog that TLOU 2 was gonna be like Late 2018 and they went gently caress and demanded Sony Bend make a zombie game, which I guess is fine because TLOU2 is gonna be that slow navel-gazey sad shooter and this is gonna be the presumably fun, exciting, innocent murdering shooter? I dunno maybe they're just too far along to stop.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

lots of sick lookin games coming out in the next year. a plus.

Hm you must not have seen Sony conferences before

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i think days gone is funny with how they just have zombies coming out of the woodwork like water out of a faucet. new spiderman looks rad though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They probably could've had a pretty strong finish if they'd shown anything from Last of Us 2/Red Dead Redemption 2/FF7 but I guess none of them will be out till like 2019 anyways

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
2019 should be a good year for games, when all of these games get delayed for the same time frame, like the beginning of the year had all of 2015 and 2016 hits in Q1, (which totally works because of fiscal years nearing their end)

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

Leave out the zombies and just have rabid animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bubba Smith posted:

they could at least make a new Syphon Filter game

its only been a decade

• Locked thread