Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

botany posted:

yeah I'm not feeling super good about my monsters here :chloe:

a lot of "too weak to compete" archetypes like consume monsters, mulligan ST, etc will be a lot stronger with the absurd point values of NG and SK being toned down. plus weather monsters still has a net point gain with woodland spirit going to 7, monsters will be fine and still one of the top factions to look out for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I think Golems might be dead. Like you can flub your Calviet right now, Emyr never seem to have use for them, Morvran might still run them but it's very hand dependant.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Wyvern nerf is the only substantial one if I'm reading it right. Monsters should be ok without it, bronze triss was not something that we needed in the game. Not looking forward to longship longship bear bear openings either way.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Now to keep playing and risk getting a leader as my level 20 reward or miss out on 6-8 kegs worth of daily rewards.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Scoia'tael might now have 2 different archetypes. Calveit nerf might mean we'll see more variations of NG (which is still strong btw). Skellige probably has all the pieces for a new deck. Northern Realms has 2 archetypes.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Lester Shy posted:

Now to keep playing and risk getting a leader as my level 20 reward or miss out on 6-8 kegs worth of daily rewards.

miss out on kegs and go out, a win-win

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

oh yeah, and full list of increased scrap reward cards

Ithlinne
Clan Brokvar Hunter
Vicovaro Novice
Imperial Golems
Commando Neophyte
Vicovaro Medic
Tibor Eggebracht
Kayran
Fire Elemental
Dol Blathanna Protector
Drought
Ragh Nar Roog
Mahakam Guard
Queensguard
Peter Saar Gwynleve
Barclay Els
Roach
Savage Bear
Impera Enforcers
Ciri
Wyvern
Reaver Hunter
Celaeno Harpy
Cahir
Rainfarn
Villentretenmerth

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
foltest reavers beat henget reavers anyways, and are less dependant on stupid bullshit to win.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Lester Shy posted:

Just roll with it like I did and get your 2nd Priscilla.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
The bear buff seems like it'll be super annoying.

Are the imperial golems still being reduced to 2?

Ciri nerf was needed but I wonder if 5 is too little to see any play compared to being put to 6

At some point, they really need to do a change to the coin toss. Probably give player 1 a couple global points although they'd have to design a UI for that

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lol I'm still running ciri.

The nerf is substantial though. It puts her behind almost every bronze unit. Relevant at crap levels of play where opponents play celaeno harpies into her after losing round 1.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 12, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ciri was played everywhere at 6, she will still get played a lot in decks that can take advantage of her

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Looks like I'm getting couple of free rares, by milling bunch of changed premium rares/commons.

200 for each premium common
400 for each premium rare

And if you want to get specific rares, now would be good time to buy some Meteorite powder and convert some of your spare nerfed commons/rares to premiums.

29 euros for 8 rares worth of powder... very tempting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

No Wave posted:

Wyvern nerf is the only substantial one if I'm reading it right. Monsters should be ok without it, bronze triss was not something that we needed in the game. Not looking forward to longship longship bear bear openings either way.

Yeah, harpies went down from 13 total value without consume shenanigans to 12. :ohdear:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
there was a 1 point ciri clone in the closed beta and it was still the second strongest card in the game (before ciri pbuh)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Does Calveit not count as a nerf for the scraps? I haven't premium'd him yet but I was thinking about it, figured taking him down 1 power would count.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does Calveit not count as a nerf for the scraps? I haven't premium'd him yet but I was thinking about it, figured taking him down 1 power would count.

I don't think they want to encourage people to refund leaders since they are free

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Minrad posted:

I don't think they want to encourage people to refund leaders since they are free

Ah, makes sense. Dang, would have been nice to get another freebie gold, but oh well.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Premium leaders are the best possible value for your powder anyway since they animate in the deck chooser and every game you play with them.

Conversely premium spells are a huge waste because they don't stick around, also premium spells tend to have more boring animations than units (seriously, look at premium drought and tell me that's worth 400 powder)

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Magic Underwear posted:

Premium leaders are the best possible value for your powder anyway since they animate in the deck chooser and every game you play with them.

Conversely premium spells are a huge waste because they don't stick around, also premium spells tend to have more boring animations than units (seriously, look at premium drought and tell me that's worth 400 powder)

It's worth 1600 scrap now! :haw:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Magic Underwear posted:

Premium drought and RnR are the badass ones!

Premium reinforce and royal decree are the lame ones.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

So are those spellguard decks dead after this upcoming patch? Watching people play solitaire is extremely boring and unfun.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

So are those spellguard decks dead after this upcoming patch? Watching people play solitaire is extremely boring and unfun.

Probably. Impera Enforcers don't work without Stefan now and that'd be really awkward to pull off. Scoia'spell is still strong though.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
its like they read my mind and buffed all the scoiatael cards i like.

what do the mage changes mean? I don't even remember what they used to work like

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

Probably. Impera Enforcers don't work without Stefan now and that'd be really awkward to pull off. Scoia'spell is still strong though.

Scoia'spell is weaker as Roach can no longer be pulled from leader/Saskia and with ciri/roach being weaker play in just raw numbers, they might have more trouble getting a first win without putting more units in the deck, and defenders got weaker so.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Up Circle posted:

its like they read my mind and buffed all the scoiatael cards i like.

what do the mage changes mean? I don't even remember what they used to work like

They were originally going to be changed to 4 strength but now they're 3 strength again. So no change.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Spellgard as we know it is dead, but there's certainly ways to build it without enforcers, especially with Letho getting buffed.

Also, Rethaz posted on Reddit that some underplayed cards, like Vabjorn, will be getting reworks and changes in the patch after this imminent one.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Is there a date where the changes go live?
I have 600 scrap worth of commons that is growing harder and harder not to mill, and I'm sick of seeing Reaver Hunter and Nilfgard decks.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

The Gorp posted:

Is there a date where the changes go live?
I have 600 scrap worth of commons that is growing harder and harder not to mill, and I'm sick of seeing Reaver Hunter and Nilfgard decks.

Sounds like it's coming in the next few days, hopefully?

I am ready for a shake-up too, especially since it will give me enough scrap to have at least 1 actually good deck with all the rares / legendaries in it, which I think is going to drastically increase my enjoyment of the game. Hell, I'll probably have enough for 2 full decks, but I've been having fun with monsters so I'll probably finish that one off and then hold onto the rest of the scrap until things settle in a bit or I get bored.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Monsters are a trap. As someone who has a complete monster collection the faction is really solid at beating up new players but can't compete with the big names.
It's not that they're bad, they're just highly unreliable because of the way both of their core mechanics work. Consume vs removal is a wash, and other factions frankly do weather better.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Gorp posted:

Monsters are a trap. As someone who has a complete monster collection the faction is really solid at beating up new players but can't compete with the big names.
It's not that they're bad, they're just highly unreliable because of the way both of their core mechanics work. Consume vs removal is a wash, and other factions frankly do weather better.
Wrong...

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Gorp posted:

I'm not playing against the big names, but I'm feeling this right now. I flew through the early ranks but have since completely stalled out at ~2k MMR. I'd say 66% of my wins are against other Monsters decks. Reaver Hunters are gonna give me PTSD.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Dagon is the most played leader in the top 200, according to the people that play up there. Calveit comes in second, with eithne and crach coming in tied for third. So monsters are really good, they just take a bit to master.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I was going to write a longer post but honestly monsters has everything. Bronze Triss is their third best bronze card. They have their own Tibor. I guess the one thing they don't have is over the top Nilfgaard silvers.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I was going to write a longer post but honestly monsters has everything. Bronze Triss is their third best bronze card. They have their own Tibor. I guess the one thing they don't have is over the top Nilfgaard silvers.

Monsters doesn't really have the room for that anyway if you're running 3x Crones, 1x Mage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wyvern is not even close to consistent enough to be a bronze Triss.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

RatHat posted:

Wyvern is not even close to consistent enough to be a bronze Triss.

Yeah, I don't get people that thought Wyvern was some amazing card. I played two of them in my deck, and it was still a card I was rarely excited to see. Even if you could activate the condition, it's an 11 strength bronze on your crones row. A lot of the time it was a brokvar hunter with no weather resistance. Sometimes it could set up extra value for a tick of weather, but generally speaking it's not really a lynchpin card for the archetype.

That being said, monsters are not a pubstomp faction. Weather monsters is a solidly tier one deck, and will be a tier one deck post patch. Anyone that says otherwise isn't high MMR or has only played against people that don't know how to pilot the deck.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No Wave posted:

if you think wyvern is not a trash card than i have some marvelous machines to show you up north

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Normal Adult Human posted:

if you think wyvern is not a trash card than i have some marvelous machines to show you up north
So trash it's getting nerfed! Wow crazy huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Magic Underwear posted:

I premiumed all my celaeno harpies and I am seriously considering not milling them.

Animated harpy mom! Two animated eggs! Two animated harpies!