Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Riptor posted:

And how well people remember poo poo-tier lawyer commercials and billboards. No way I would recognize Jim Sokolove working at a cinnabon

Yea but this guy maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Riptor posted:

And how well people remember poo poo-tier lawyer commercials and billboards. No way I would recognize Jim Sokolove working at a cinnabon

If I saw the Texas Hammer at a Schlotzky's, I'd probably recognize him.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

He was the lawyer and accomplice of a drug kingpin that was the subject of a nationwide manhunt and a huge news item. Every lovely true crime book that came out 1-2 years after Walter White died probably had paragraphs and paragraphs about Saul Goodman (born James McGill). It's a good thing Gene lives in a flyover state because he was probably pretty recognizable by people who buy books at airport shops for a year or so.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
There's a lawyer here in boston named Stone who put up a billboard that says Better Phone Stone

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wouldn't recognize loving hitler himself if he shaved the mustache and was working at a cinnabon.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Jimmy is more than a lawyer, he's the local equivalent of the Shamwow guy. You would recognize him if you were from Albuquerque

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I actually can't wait to find out what's been going on since Walt died. Admittedly probably not much, but any tidbit would be great to hear.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Walt could still be alive in the Gene flashbacks. Saul left before him and then he stayed in the cabin for however long and such.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Chuck gonna mess up today!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

hiddenmovement posted:

Jimmy is more than a lawyer, he's the local equivalent of the Shamwow guy. You would recognize him if you were from Albuquerque

Even if he grew a thick mustache, changed his hairstyle, started wearing big glasses, and spent most of the day wearing a hat while in a totally unfamiliar situational context?

Someone like Kim or Chuck or Howard would obviously recognize him, but I wouldn't be too sure about the average person. And there aren't going to be that many people from Albuquerque passing through that particular mall Cinnabon in Omaha in the first place.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Paper plates and cat cookies

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Jimmy wants his cut.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
You coulda gone legit, Jimmy.

You coulda gone legit.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm gonna be real pissed when Jimmy gets screwed out of his cut, he made that money when he was good guy Jimmy dammit!

I'll be less pissed and extra proud of the show if he gets screwed out of it because he's trying to make them settle early and doing shady poo poo to that end, rather than just waiting for the case to finally be over.

Even if he wants this for the wrong reason, I think Jimmy is on the right side of this. The people wronged are all elderly, as a lawyer looking out for their interests they really ought to get a settlement ASAP so they can live to enjoy it. Of course, I wouldn't put it past Sandpiper to know this and be lowballing the offer because of it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hey, Lydia is more than just a cameo

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Poque posted:

hey, Lydia is more than just a cameo

Yeah I never had any doubt. This is all well crafted IMO

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

it just keeps tumbling down

tumbling down

tumbling down

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Howard :smith:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Man, Gus knows exactly how to hook Mike. I won't take your family's money, I'll cover all the taxes, and I've never done this for anyone else. He really can tailor his approach to whoever he's trying to hook, what a master of the game.

Where Mike started from it's hard to see him transition to someone icing people left and right, but we've seen him go to the brink of that already with Hector and out of gratitude to Gus, and the fact that the people he's killing are cartel associates, now I can really see the path to where he's at in Breaking Bad.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Kim thinking outside the box

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
That piece of wood is in New Mexico now

She just ruined the deal

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Holy poo poo Howard

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

this is the episode where everything goes completely to poo poo

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RentACop posted:

Holy poo poo Howard

Yeah...

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

anime was right posted:

That piece of wood is in New Mexico now

She just ruined the deal

Haha, there's no way that's the case, but it'd be hilarious. Poor Kim is just on the way to meltdown overwork city stressing about Jimmy and trying to make WM work.

My theory about Jimmy being super petty and shortsighted and ruining his own payday is making more sense now, he probably will sabotage the case and reduce the settlement to at or below how much they ripped the seniors off for, and get himself $100k or so to start as Saul instead of the millions he could have had. Bonus points have him losing Kim by doing that too.

God I hope that's the finale and they get there quick, I'm real eager to see a season with the fallout of doing that. Maybe he just makes that decision in the finale and we watch it play out in S4.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Nice track suit Jimmy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Walking the Mall? Better Call Saul!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

if you're wondering what the BCS Bingo thing was leading up to:

You remember the Kettlemans? those folks from Season 1 with the stolen money?

Mr. Kettleman picks up trash on the side of the highway as part of his prison sentence now.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
He bought every shoe.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jimmy's working everybody involved hahahaha

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Jesus Christ, Jimmy.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
And now they all give sweet Irene the stinkeye

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:smith:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Hard not to feel bad for Nacho here. :smith:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Someone asked what it would take for the thread to turn on Jimmy?

Ruining an old woman's social life to get a quicker payout is pretty loving low. Even if he is TECHNICALLY correct about HHM only holding out to get a bigger share for themselves.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Someone asked what it would take for the thread to turn on Jimmy?

Ruining an old woman's social life to get a quicker payout is pretty loving low. Even if he is TECHNICALLY correct about HHM only holding out to get a bigger share for themselves.

And it's going to blow up in his face.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Chuck is suing them. Holy poo poo :allears:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

getting involved with the McGill brothers was literally the worst thing to ever happen to Hamlin.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This whole loving episode... my god...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
The brothers have something in common, they'll do whatever it takes to get what they want, and they'll burn anyone in the process.

• Locked thread