Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

cheetah7071 posted:

I could imagine a world where these people think they could bring down the MSM but how could they ever think anything they say or do has any bearing on ISIS?

Garrison's audience probably thinks Isis only exists because the Jewish global conspiracy that runs the mainstream media needed a proxy to kill white people.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Lawl at using PJW's univerally mocked catchphrase as some kind of own from space.

If you make fun of something a right-wing person did it means you were triggered by it and you lost, you big crybaby SJW liberal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

:discourse:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Aw yeah, Alex Jones is totally helping defeat ISIS right now!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Garrison's audience probably thinks Isis only exists because the Jewish global conspiracy that runs the mainstream media needed a proxy to kill white people.

Probably just the conservative mindset showing. All bad things are a monolith of evil that are helping each other. Even if the main stream media isn't directly helping ISIS they're indirectly helping ISIS by opposing Real America (as in, conservatives) while hating Jesus.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

this is a particularly racist caricature, even for glenn

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Low Desert Punk posted:

this is a particularly racist caricature, even for glenn

Meanwhile, Donald Trump insults McCain over his military career far more than Obama or any Democratic public official ever did ("I like people who weren't captured") and the right doesn't give a gently caress.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Garrand posted:

For some reason I don't remember Farage or Putin being there before but Farage is even less relevant nowadays so yeah, I think it's just the same old one.

Speaking of Garrison

​"Legacy Media Extinction Event! "

I don't know why but Deep Impact Alex Jones is fuckin killing me over here.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Could someone post a breakdown of who all the meteors are and what stupid poo poo they've said and done?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If it wasn't signed "Ben Garrison" I'd believe that was a Kelly cartoon. Change the style, throw in a crying lady liberty, and you're good to go.

Nah, Kelly hates the young upstarts replacing things he grew up with.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Breitbart one is especially funny considering the recent report about how they're hemorrhaging sponsors. They've lost something like 90% of their advertisers and are down to about 26

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fart City posted:

I don't know why but Deep Impact Alex Jones is fuckin killing me over here.

Alex Jones screams impotently as his career burns away like a tiny meteor dissolving in Earth's atmosphere.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Duckbag posted:

You scoff, but it's important to use precise and nuanced language when discussing the ethics of child rape.

Also, man the ISIS and CNN dinos sure have some funky chests/shoulders. Whoever said Garrison is awful at posing is dead on. Dude legit doesn't know where limbs go or how joints work. He sure can draw smug white heads in three-point perspective though.

Garrison's​ style reminds me of those people that sit in malls and tourist traps offering to draw you as a cartoon. Actually, that is also Garrison's business​ model.

Pakled posted:

Meanwhile, Donald Trump insults McCain over his military career far more than Obama or any Democratic public official ever did ("I like people who weren't captured") and the right doesn't give a gently caress.

It is almost as if conservative pundits have no real morals and instead adopt whatever position will score them the most political points at any single moment in time.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Personally, I think having scimitars for dorsal spines is pretty badass.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Could someone post a breakdown of who all the meteors are and what stupid poo poo they've said and done?

Milo is the guy that was largely responsible for the gamergate thing, is a homosexual white supremacist (I don't know either), and finally got fired from Breitbart when video came out of him being in favor of homosexual statutory rape (like, 40 year olds with 15 year olds poo poo).

Info Wars is fringe batshit, think Right Wing Dees. I think he's most famous for not wearing shirts when eating obscene amounts of barbeque and "breaking" that whole pizzagate bullshit.

Breitbart, Drudge, and Rebel are the right supremecist's news networks.

Crowder appears to be mostly known for getting his rear end kicked at a "right-to-work" protest/counter-protest. And apparently running some youtube bullshit like InfoWars.

"Not an Argument" guy is Stefan Molyneux. MRA racist on YouTube.

"Imagine My Shock" guy is Paul Joseph Watson. Works for InfoWars, 'nuff said.

"Sort Yourself Out" is Jordan B Peterson. "Psychologist", anti-trans fuckhead and authoritarian.

"In Real Time" - Drawing a blank here.

"LS" - No idea.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Of these groups, infowars is one of the largest and most well-known, aside from Drudge of course.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm pissed that they apparently broke up the CNN/ISIS make-out session :mad:

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

MikeyTsi posted:

"LS" - No idea.

Lauren Southern: early 20s woman angling for the Blonde-Sex-Symbol-Spouting-Insane-Right-Wing-Garbage niche in preparation for the day that Ann Coulter's "early Eminem edgelord, but with politics and hey guys did you know that Joe McCarthy was the real hero" shtick finally wears out its welcome. Recently tried to block refugee boats in the Mediterranean, even more recently got covered in fox piss thrown by antifa at an anti-sharia rally.

Dueling Bandsaws fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 13, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MikeyTsi posted:

"LS" - No idea.
Lauren Southern, who is almost certainly a different person from Tomi Lahren.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Lauren Southern, who is almost certainly a different person from Tomi Lahren.

I thought Tomi Lahren was super lovely but not quite a Nazi whereas Lauren Southern is an actual straight up Nazi.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Feinne posted:

I thought Tomi Lahren was super lovely but not quite a Nazi whereas Lauren Southern is an actual straight up Nazi.

Tomi has one "good opinion" to date, and got fired for it (and is being a super special snowflake about it). She's pretty much a Nazi in "just a conservative" clothing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Also they have different names and everything.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Well Southern seems to be from Canada so if you're like in a wizard's labyrinth and being forced to suss out which is which through indirect questions you could always ask about hockey or something.

I will say that for two people who share like every important distinguishing characteristic they really don't look very much like each other.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 13, 2017

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Feinne posted:

Well Southern seems to be from Canada so if you're like in a wizard's labyrinth and being forced to suss out which is which through indirect questions you could always ask about hockey or something.

Just ask "Are you a literal Nazi?"

If they say yes, it's Lauren. If they say no but actually are, it's Tomi.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
The rebel is Canada's breitbart which is dying even faster. Also founder and editor Ezra Levant had lost four different libel cases including rhe most recent one, has to sell his house to cover his debts, and was disbarred as a lawyer by rhe Alberta Law Society for disreputable behaviour.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Garrison's​ style reminds me of those people that sit in malls and tourist traps offering to draw you as a cartoon. Actually, that is also Garrison's business​ model.

Yeah, I don't know if he had formal art education​, but it can't have learned much from it if he did. His anatomy is terrible, he can only draw like three expressions (smug, smugger, and simpering liberal), and pretty much everything he does is in the same stock poses. His characters look like paper dolls given a grotesque semblance of life and his perspective is usually either totally flat or wildly inconsistent.

He really reminds me of those hacks on Deviant or Concept Art who use lots of shaders and filters to make their art look shiny and polished at a glance, but don't have the basic skills for it to hold up to scrutiny (and insist it's their style when called on it). I suspect that Garrison is actually a weaker artist than most of the paleotoonists (except Yakov, obv), but he also tries. So that's something I guess.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Molyneux is in the forefront because he most certainly commissioned that Garrison cartoon. I think he's commissioned five cartoons at this point with Garrison's standard rate for full cartoons being $500. The balt idiot's addicted to Garrison drawing him with that "about to molest someone" look on his face.

Tbh it seems like a deliberate ad campaign to recruit more gullible fools to hand their money to him

edit: here are Molyneux's previous commissions

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 13, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
This guy knows what's up.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm surprised he mentioned Alex Jones given that Jones claimed his whole show was an act in a desperate attempt to maintain custody of his kids (he lost).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Something popped or snapped in my head seeing that many Garrison cartoons in a row.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm surprised he mentioned Alex Jones given that Jones claimed his whole show was an act in a desperate attempt to maintain custody of his kids (he lost).

Wait, a right-wing cartoonist is ignoring facts?

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

So I don't really know or care who this Molyneux guy is, but dors he really just shout down people's arguments by saying they're not arguments? That's pretty weak. Also ironic given that Trump and most of his supporters are completely incapable of reasoned debate.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
If he's the hardcore libertarian guy I'm thinking of he's got some loving terrifying ideas about what a free society looks like.

(It means one where private corporations are free to monitor and regulate every aspect of your existence).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Duckbag posted:

So I don't really know or care who this Molyneux guy is, but dors he really just shout down people's arguments by saying they're not arguments? That's pretty weak. Also ironic given that Trump and most of his supporters are completely incapable of reasoned debate.

I would be astonished if he does more than set up strawmen and then declare that his strawmen's words aren't an argument

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Is his arm so big in the last one from jacking himself off so hard? I like how they all look like creepy villains.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

"Not an argument" is, ironically, not much of an argument itself.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
Don't forget that Molyneux has basically created a cult of personality that encourages people to "emotionally detach" themselves from family and friends that do not agree with their worldview.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Raylen posted:

Don't forget that Molyneux has basically created a cult of personality that encourages people to "emotionally detach" themselves from family and friends that do not agree with their worldview.

This is the best thing he's ever done, for sparing families and friends from dealing with alt-right dickheads

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

We interrupt the ongoing beach party to see what's up with Zelda's gay friends who just became parents:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Going to have Gay Abortions Midterm Repository up tomorrow. Any last category suggestions?

Raylen posted:

To be fair (don't be fair to him) :sever: is an answer given to 'what should I do about my horrible racist family' on these forums.

Slight difference, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Raylen posted:

Yeah this. He is no-joke running a scheme that actual cult experts/organizations describe as a cult.

• Locked thread