Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Jimmy sure showed Irene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Chuck's loving Howard

:yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3R1xtnLG9A

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I actually am rooting for Chuck a little bit here, because he is correct.

Maybe he inadvertently helps Jimmy here by forcing HHM to settle.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see Jimmy and Chuck both get away with it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Chuck is suing them. Holy poo poo :allears:

Ha, I love the bitter irony that Hamlin may have to push to take the settlement now in order to pay off Chuck, or otherwise cover for Chuck wanting his share. I'm always on the gently caress Chuck train, but he's right here he does deserve to get paid big time and not just quietly retire. This was a big issue way back to the first few episodes when Hamlin was trying to get Chuck out of the way quietly and relatively cheaply.

I feel like we're due to see the McGill brothers do a full-on team up sometime before the end of the show. I want to see what the full weaponized power of both McGills is capable of.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
hey i just saw a "now to rent or own" thing for a movie starring Bryan Cranston

small world

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Zero One posted:

He bought every shoe.

presumably he'll return the ones that don't fit

classic slippin' jimmy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh my god, Jimmy

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

rigging the bingo? have you no shame, sir? have you no sense of dignity?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Argus Zant posted:

Holy poo poo :lol:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Argus Zant posted:

Even better, this technique was actually used once to rig the freaking lottery.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
"I sold my soul for B-I-N-G-O!"

Truer words, Jimmy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hahaha holy poo poo

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh Jimmy...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Don't let that girl take over, she'll put the magnetic ones all back in and it'll be the same numbers

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Jimmy, you are a trash man, and you live in a garbage world.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So much for Jimmy looking out for all the elders in elder law :haw:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Jimmy you fucker

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shots at work! Hahaha

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
is that super expensive tequila with the weird topper real?

i wonder how much they paid for the buzz marketing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stonk: Noooooooooooooooo

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

it's like watching a column of ash rise into the sky after a nuke hits downtown Los Angeles

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oh holky gently caress . Gif

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So ends Kim Wexler's career

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO gently caress CHUCK JIMMY

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
noooooo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
:(

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oof poor Kim, at least she doesn't seem super hurt. I definitely knew that was coming as soon as she went out the door, was worried it'd be much worse.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So much for Jimmy looking out for all the elders in elder law :haw:

I think Jimmy's right here, give those drat seniors their money before they die dammit! They won't care if it's $10k or $20k each they get, need that money now!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Edit: never mind

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think we all saw it coming once there was that moment of calm in the car but the sheer violence of it still shocked me, bravo vince

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

RentACop posted:

I think we all saw it coming once there was that moment of calm in the car but the sheer violence of it still shocked me, bravo vince

I'm surprised she could walk out of that so bruised

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Poor Irene. :(

I know a lot of people think Kim is going to die, I don't but I didn't consider she would work herself to death.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
That was an amazing episode of television.

Jimmy completed his heel turn really really fast though.

e: I will admit in the abstract he has a point about a bird in the hand being worth two in the bush. That said, he's clearly not a neutral party in deciding what offers should be accepted or not. He's not a bad lawyer but for the big dollar stuff he's in over his head compared to HHM and Davis & Main. Even assuming that, the ends don't justify the means.

e2: VVVVV My read is that Kim was immersing herself 100% into her work as her way of coping with the fact that her situation with Jimmy had clearly become untenable over the long term.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 13, 2017

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

As glad as I am Kim wasn't straight up crippled for life or killed, she's definitely gonna lose both clients due to sheer physical inability to work when they need her to, and it'll be tough to rebound from that.

God, what if Jimmy does get the settlement money at the end of the season, and then he spends it all on rehabbing Kim and supporting her? At any rate, I'm expecting some proper twists to set up where they go next season, the past few finales haven't been bad but I'm hoping for some real good foreshadowing and big changes to the status quo.

Edit: Also, now I'm wondering if Kim was just that super driven to work 100 hours a week no matter what. It seemed clear that the stress of seeing Jimmy slip, screwing Chuck over, and knowing how she got Mesa Verde, was getting to her, but now I think she might have been doomed to overwork no matter what. It's not exactly normal to hear that your boyfriend is getting $1 million and be like "oh okay that's great, gotta go to work right now though!" Maybe her brain was just fried at that moment, but I like that they seem to have opened up the possibility that she's just driven to work that hard by her personality and Jimmy/Chuck amplified it to a dangerous level super quickly.

2nd Edit: Maybe the big swerve will be a firmly united Jimmy and Chuck going after HHM when the settlement doesn't come through as Jimmy expected and they find themselves with a common enemy. Then again, anything's on the table since god knows what Jimmy will do when faced with a disabled Kim.

FreeKillB posted:

e: I will admit in the abstract he has a point about a bird in the hand being worth two in the bush. That said, he's clearly not a neutral party in deciding what offers should be accepted or not. He's not a bad lawyer but for the big dollar stuff he's in over his head compared to HHM and Davis & Main. Even assuming that, the ends don't justify the means.

Oh he's by no means neutral, but in my view he's just so drat right and doing what's right for all the clients for the wrong reason, and throwing a poor woman's friendship and happiness under the bus to do it. I really appreciated that he didn't tell her "yes take the settlement" at any point in the episode, that's some Saul Goodman maneuvering there to make sure he can say he never told her to take it if his involvement comes out.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 13, 2017

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The stuff with Irene broke my heart way more than anything I've seen on tv in years and that includes Jane dying and Casa de Spooge.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I'd argue Andrea's death is a lot more tragic than Jane's

Edit: Jane is more of a character but ultimately she died the way many junkies do. Andrea was shot on her porch with her son in the house and Jesse screaming.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 13, 2017

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I love how this show has conditioned us to the point where seeing Chuck doing something as simple as using an electric mixer without spazzing out is enough to make him come across like some sort of terrifying supervillain who's finally reached full power and become invincible.

e: Also, I don't know if anyone caught this but this episode finally revealed how everyone in BCS manages to look ten years younger when they show up later in BrBa: chair yoga.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 13, 2017

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Manipulating an old woman to get his share faster is definitely a low point for Jimmy, maybe beyond anything else that's happened so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

TOOT BOOT posted:

Manipulating an old woman to get his share faster is definitely a low point for Jimmy, maybe beyond anything else that's happened so far.

This is the first time Jimmy's conned someone who didn't arguably deserve it in some way. The only saving grace is that the con victim will be getting her own payout as well, but what's the monetary value of the emotional distress Jimmy inflicted on her?

• Locked thread