Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

spit on my clit posted:

i think days gone is funny with how they just have zombies coming out of the woodwork like water out of a faucet. new spiderman looks rad though

The human wave tech they have for throwing hundreds of enemies on the screen at once is cool and could be used for something other than zombies. Maybe a war game? A Dynasty Warriors-type game with actual gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

"Introducing PlayLink, a brand new initiative for PlayStation that aims to get the whole world playing games. Supports iOS and Android."

Huh?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dynasty Warriors has had actual gameplay ever since they merged with Tecmo and Team Ninja got their hands on it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm hype for some of these sony games guys. but dbfighterz most of all

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

"Introducing PlayLink, a brand new initiative for PlayStation that aims to get the whole world playing games. Supports iOS and Android."

Huh?

Games will have mobile apps for extra interactivity

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vakal posted:

Leave out the zombies and just have rabid animals.

Zombie Nature would at least allow for a different spin on poo poo. Imagine if all the birds in the world became infectious geese.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dias posted:

Zombie Nature would at least allow for a different spin on poo poo. Imagine if all the birds in the world became infectious geese.

Im pretty sure Hitchcock made this movie already

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ometeotl posted:

Huh?

this wont hold a candle to anything jackbox games does.

well, except for word spud. that was garbage.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Huh?
remember smartglass?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/kirashandfetish/status/874448071974846465

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ometeotl posted:

Huh?

Apart from Hidden Agenda this is just them trying to hitch into the Quiplash demographic

with that said Hidden Agenda took the idea and ran with it so its got potential

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yak 6 is psx for sure. lock it in

corsi gonna bring it

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Oh, that makes sense.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

yak 6 is psx for sure. lock it in

corsi gonna bring it

Yakuza is always at PSX, expecting it at E3 is kinda weird

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Were people really expecting them to make another buzz trailer for the last of us 2 6 months later?

or even show gameplay 6 months in?

I guess I'm not as optimistic about game development.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

exploded mummy posted:

Im pretty sure Hitchcock made this movie already

See? At least you'd rip off something different!

Game developers need to stop ripping off Romero/Wes Craven and do other horror directors. Where's my giallo survival horror game (i know about clock tower you fucks).

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
The video game industry isn't even trying anymore.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Are the playlink games going to be full games? More specifically Hidden Agenda? Or is this some $15/$20 psn store stuff?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

Were people really expecting them to make another buzz trailer for the last of us 2 6 months later?

I guess I'm not as optimistic about game development.

I mean they've barely shown gameplay of mvc infinite and it's out in like 3 months lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

every year people watch really bad xbox shows and solid sony shows and say things that make my brain hurt. i guess they just like different stuff than me

at least nobody tried to sell a porche in the sony show.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean they've barely shown gameplay of mvc infinite and it's out in like 3 months lol

its gonna suck

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

its real cool that dbz is a year out and has shown more gameplay lmao

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Hidden Agenda looks cool as poo poo, but I am worried about replayability...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So What consoles have From Software shown their hand for this e3 on?
MS -nuthin
Sony-more nutin
Nintendo? will they?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Esroc posted:

The video game industry isn't even trying anymore.

I'm not sure if you saw e3 a few years ago when the two numb nuts sony and micro some how did worse consistently for years on end.

They actually showed off the xboxone as a media center and showed like 4 games during their show.

Sony thought 3d and move were going to take off at one point., also PC indie festival.

As lovely as things are, they are unanimously better

There are way less embarrassing memeable things.

which honestly kills most of the fun of e3.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lid posted:

Apart from Hidden Agenda this is just them trying to hitch into the Quiplash demographic

with that said Hidden Agenda took the idea and ran with it so its got potential

Yeah I tuned in too late and missed that trailer but just watched it and that's sweet. Really liked Until Dawn and I'm glad the devs recognized what a good group experience games like that are & decided to take advantage of it

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

capcom is a loving disaster.

The trailer confirmed the leak lists.

sfv was a poo poo show on launch.

expect the same.

MVC 3 had a disk update of UMVC3 not even 8 months later.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

I'm not sure if you saw e3 a few years ago when the two numb nuts sony and micro some how did worse consistent for years on end.

They actually showed off the xboxone as a media center and showed like 4 games during their show.

Sony thought 3d and move were going to take off at one point.

As lovely as things are, they are unanimously better

There are way less embarrassing memeable things.

which honestly kills most of the fun of e3.

The vr segment this year wasn't so hot.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

when's psx

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i already bought mvci in a fit of stupid so i am girding myself for the project of mentally cataloging all the bad so that i can know true happiness when dbz sets me free

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
How to fix the Sony presentation

David Cage on pre-show

Hidden Agenda on main show

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

first week of december usually

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

if we've learned anything this e3 it's that everything except dbz sucks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CoasterMaster posted:

Hidden Agenda looks cool as poo poo, but I am worried about replayability...

If it's as branching as Until Dawn, it looks like it's going to be one of those games that I could play myself and then watch a couple more times with various streamers just because of how personal preferences reflect in the game.

If that game is part of a big pack it probably won't be as long as Until Dawn, though? Maybe a 2-4 hour experience?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i've been playing the Mahjong from the microsoft entertainment pack for the last 19 years and I haven't been paying attention to videogames is there anything in this conference i should care about?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

i've been playing the Mahjong from the microsoft entertainment pack for the last 19 years and I haven't been paying attention to videogames is there anything in this conference i should care about?
check this poo poo out: Mahjong 2

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/Chindogg21/status/874455043138879488

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If it's as branching as Until Dawn, it looks like it's going to be one of those games that I could play myself and then watch a couple more times with various streamers just because of how personal preferences reflect in the game.

If that game is part of a big pack it probably won't be as long as Until Dawn, though? Maybe a 2-4 hour experience?

That would be ideal. My play through with my girlfriend of Until Dawn is hampered only by its length which causes delays.

Nothing wrong with it being short if its tightly done, hell rewatching trailer i got a weird Condemned vibe and that was cool.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tom Gorman posted:

they announced a video game adaptation of that one manga where world leaders team up against hitler on his moon base through way of mahjong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

• Locked thread