Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

If you know anyone who designs roads like this, punch them in the face. If you happen to be such a person, let me know and I will gladly punch you.

TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
actually lol if you dont use the right-lane as a shortcut and speed up then merge back left just seconds right before you crash into the splitting median

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?
Frankly, I won't stand for a sign sassin me like that. I'll turn where I drat well want

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Whenever you come across a red light, quickly turn right, U-turn, then turn right again. :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I prefer when someone has to stop and hold up the straight lane to make a right turn, right OP?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
don't ever visit the uk i guess

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Hammerite posted:

Yeah but what does that have to do with the thread

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Cnut the Great posted:

Yeah but what does that have to do with the thread

we invented bad threads. or something. effort

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pawn 17 posted:

Whenever you come across a red light, quickly turn right, U-turn, then turn right again. :smug:
there is actually a spot in my city where this can save a minute or two since it's an ramp coming off a freeway to a stop sign on a street with poor visibility and 4 other onramp/shortcut crossings (no traffic lights to control traffic and no stops for others), so left turn is a shitshow but you can get in the right lane, turn and swoop a u-turn right there since its at a dead end then sail past the huge line of people stuck still trying to turn left.

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

This is v annoying on the 101 on the Bay area. You can be in the second rightmost lane and it'll disappear for some reason and you'll find yourself in a right lane must exit lane, forcing you move over.

No wonder the freeway is full of people doing 60 in the left lane; the right lanes are a poo poo show of constantly moving over.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SuperiorColliculus posted:

This is v annoying on the 101 on the Bay area. You can be in the second rightmost lane and it'll disappear for some reason and you'll find yourself in a right lane must exit lane, forcing you move over.

No wonder the freeway is full of people doing 60 in the left lane; the right lanes are a poo poo show of constantly moving over.

ya the 101 skyway is a gently caress up. "oh ok now your lane exits on 7th st" "oh you knew that was going to happen so you stayed one more to the left? lol gently caress you now it exits at 4th" and its plugged up worse than a goons intestine after eating 5 little caesars hot n readies

tho i wouldn't say left is faster, sometimes actually staying right is faster

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hammerite posted:

i would only visit the UK if everyone there loved me

wait, what

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
It's horrifying if you spend too much time thinking about how retarded the average American is, and how easy it is for said American to have licensed control over a 2-ton hunk of metal travelling at speeds north of 70mph. It's really, really frightening.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
get out of the fastlane u assholwe!!!!!!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Im a cyclist you gotta respect me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Toadvine posted:

In America it's socially acceptable and legal to literally murder people, as long as you do it with your car and go whoops :twisted:

there might be some minor negling issues like insurance rates or maybe small court appearance where everything will be dropped or $500 fine but who cares you got to kill someons, how fricken sweet of a deal is that huh? can't even buy a footlong sub for $5 anymore what a deal

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm more concerned with pedestrians who have the "gently caress you it's my turn" thing and don't look.

I always yield to pedestrians unless it's some crazy motherfucker trying to Frogger across a 12 lane interstate, in which case I slow down and check mirrors and do whatever. You guys know how to drive. Most of you.

I don't even mind yielding, even if I'm in a hurry. They have to walk. That sucks.

But there's always a chance I might not loving see you! Other cars, my own minor blind spots because my car is not a glass bubble, etc. Work with me here on me trying very hard not to hit you.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I'm more concerned with pedestrians who have the "gently caress you it's my turn" thing and don't look.

I always yield to pedestrians unless it's some crazy motherfucker trying to Frogger across a 12 lane interstate, in which case I slow down and check mirrors and do whatever. You guys know how to drive. Most of you.

I don't even mind yielding, even if I'm in a hurry. They have to walk. That sucks.

But there's always a chance I might not loving see you! Other cars, my own minor blind spots because my car is not a glass bubble, etc. Work with me here on me trying very hard not to hit you.

yea my pops is one of these, he will dash out in front of a moving vehicle, with terrible purpose, because cars are supposed to yield to pedestrians.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Xaris posted:

In America it's socially acceptable and legal to literally murder people, as long as you do it with your car and go whoops :twisted:

there might be some minor negling issues like insurance rates or maybe small court appearance where everything will be dropped or $500 fine but who cares you got to kill someons, how fricken sweet of a deal is that huh? can't even buy a footlong sub for $5 anymore what a deal

🚴 *ding ding* missed me!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Toadvine posted:

🚴 *ding ding* missed me

Fuk u and ur little weenie bitch bells! Don't ring at me

*zooms off attempting to roll coal while bursting multiple hemorrhoids that have been brewing the past 3 months*

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Psycho Society posted:

yea my pops is one of these, he will dash out in front of a moving vehicle, with terrible purpose, because cars are supposed to yield to pedestrians.

I am seriously concerned I'm gonna run over your Pops or one of his like-minded brethren someday.

More likely I'm gonna cause some rear end in a top hat tailgater to slam into the back of my car because I thought I saw a human shape on the other side of that car up there trying to turn right

That's much less terrible but still a headache

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah it's not good. It's a miracle he's gone upwards of 60 years without getting hit by a car, but thankfully he's not much of a pedestrian these days. We need more ham radio programs to get our elders off the streets, imo

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

SuperiorColliculus posted:

I like the southbound 101 entrances near San Francisco, where you get a three lane ramp that quickly turns into a one lane ramp and then the one lane on the highway that you end up in gets the two lanes to its left from the highway blindly merged into it over the course of like 50 feet without any kind of warning, and then immediately after that it's an exit-only lane.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Toadvine posted:

*has a friendly "share the road" bumper sticker on his car*

*runs over a cyclist during rush hour and drives away*

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
now can we talk about skaters

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

🚴 *swoosh* whoops thought you got me but I was just tuckin!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Xaris posted:

actually lol if you dont use the right-lane as a shortcut and speed up then merge back left just seconds right before you crash into the splitting median

lol if the drivers where you live are such weaklings they yield to you, there's a median here that gets destroyed on a weekly basis by trash drivers like yourself

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Some dummy honked at me yesterday for "cutting her off" despite being a good 100ft away from my rear. When she "revenge-cut-me-off" I looked straight ahead as she was stopped in front of me and made a "boo hoo hoo" gesture. I love responding to unnecessary road rage with lols

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I saw a girl basically step directly in front of a bus on campus completely oblivious as if the "yield to pedestrian" signs were some kind of shield. The dude driving the bus, just some poor kid doing work study, slammed on the brakes and stopped less a foot from her. She didn't even flinch. Guy looked shaken up. I seriously thought I was going to see someone die that day.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

let's talk about people who text and drive

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

They're not people and they should all be exterminated like the vermin they are.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Relevant Tangent posted:

lol if the drivers where you live are such weaklings they yield to you, there's a median here that gets destroyed on a weekly basis by trash drivers like yourself

This. I rather take an insurance claim than let some jerkoff pull stunts like that. Letting those people in (and other various scenarios like the dude who went across 3 lanes in 1 car length of forward space cuz he thought he needed to take a right turn when he really needed to go left... on a one way no less lmbo) just encourages their poor behavior.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The best part is they're going to eat the claim most times. You're under no obligation to yield, and if they don't slow down the median will do all the work for you. Death to aggressive drivers should absolutely be the creed of all right-minded citizens.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Relevant Tangent posted:

Death to aggressive drivers should absolutely be the creed of all right-minded citizens.

This and also cyclists

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I can smell my own blood again. See the sign. "Must turn right?" I chop the turn signal hard, down- left. Correct. Snaps off. Finally. "Turn right? Must?"

I turn wrong. On a permanent left.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Oh and gently caress people who don't know how roundabouts work

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

enraged_camel posted:

*has a Watch for Motorcycles sticker*

*is nearly run off the road at 1 am by 6 crotch-rockets doing wheelies at 95 mph*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

This and also cyclists

🚴 death to aggressive drivers indeed brother

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I've driven in Boston before.

You cannot scare me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Oh and gently caress people who don't know how roundabouts work

My city won't stop pulling these in. There's one that has accidents loving all the time. Noone understands them because everyone is dumb.

• Locked thread