Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I have a Nowi that I could give QR3 to try out for tempest, what else do I need? A healer and?

I have no problems clearing or getting max points with a Nino, Tharja, Reinhardt, and Olivia team, but it'd be nice to earn hero merit for some other heroes.

Here's some good/decent 5*s I have at lvl 40.

reds
Olivia (+Spd/-Res)SIlver Sword +, Dance, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3
Hana (Neutral) Wo Dao+, Ardent Sacrifice, New Moon, Life and Death 3, Desperation 1, Fortify Def 3 (still needs to grind a lot of Sp to finish off desperation)
Ryoma+1 (+Def/-Res) Fury 3, Vantage 3
Xander (Neutral) Siegfried, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2, Fortify Def 1 (ran out of SP)
Celica (-Spd/+Res) Distant Def 3, Renewal 3

blues
Sharena (Neutral) Fensalir, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Speed +3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Def 3
Effie+1 (+Atk/-Spd) Silver Lance+, Pivot, Noontime, Death Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3, Fortify Def 1
Spring Lucina (-Spd/+Def)
Nowi (+HP/-Res) Triangle Adept 3, Threaten Res 2
Azura+2 (+Atk/-Res) Sapphire Lance+. Sing, New Moon, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3
Hinoka (+Atk/-Def) only Hone Speed 2 and 717 SP to spare for SI

greens (this is where I struggle the most because Nino was my green unit since the beginning)
Hector (+Atk/ -Res) Armads, Pivot, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Threaten Def 2
Anna (Neutral) Noatun, Draw Back, Astra, Fury 3, Vantage 2, Spur Res 3 (need SP to finish off)

colorless
Takumi (-Def/+Res) (+Atk/-Res)Fujin Yumi, Vengeance, Close Counter, Vantage 3, Threaten Spd 3 on the first one, can Merge to the second one which has 800 spare SP
Kagero (+Spd/-Def) Poison Dagger+, Ardent Sacrifice, Reprisal, Death Blow 3, Daggerbreaker 3, Hone Atk 2
Elise (-HP/+Def) Assault, Rehabilitate, Kindled-Fire Balm, HP+5, Live to Serve 3, Hone Atk 3

I'm thinking QR Nowi (I know her nature isn't great), Celica, Hector or Anna, and Elise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nowi really really wants triangle adept. Even with it Falchion users will still hit her pretty bad

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

QR2 is good enough, personally I've decided I'm willing to 5 star a hero for a weapon but not <skill> level 3

personally I'd be inclined to go Nowi, Hector, healer, <olivia/celica>

On an unrelated note, what sort of B skill goes on a fast, tanky melee unit that doesn't hit all that hard?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Nowi really really wants triangle adept. Even with it Falchion users will still hit her pretty bad

Really? I'm finding they hit her for like 14.

E: I think you want Celica on that team as insurance for Veronica

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

Really? I'm finding they hit her for like 14.

E: I think you want Celica on that team as insurance for Veronica

That might be true of arena falchions, it's been a while. With TA2 and a -def nature she gets chunked for 2/3 of her health or more by tempest falchions

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I tried Nowi, Hector, Elise, and Celica and it is not very good

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Got my first sacred seal, now only 10,000 points to go until I get the 5* Marth! Although with Marth needing to inherit all of her skills aside from her weapon, 4* might be better, since that gives her more SP to use.

Of course the first free 5* unit has no skills. They would never give us something good without significant investment in it.

Edit: Also, the bride banner ends tomorrow at Midnight, so we will get the new banner on Wednesday. I wonder what they are going to do for the arena bonus heroes tomorrow. Repeat this past week again, and have the new bonus heroes show up next week, or have the new banner units show up as bonus heroes before they are available?

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 13, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm waiting for Tempest to be over so I can actually start training units again. My Nowi and Fate are sitting at 29 forever unfortunately. And Camus is stuck at 4 stars.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

At last, I have done it! Super Olivia is born!

(Just need the 2,000 feathers to feed her a Frederick for :wom:)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Do you guys prefer Reposition or Swap for horse users? Specifically for Tempest.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I prefer Reposition, because it gives me the option to get BOTH guys out of the line of fire.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Swap if you have tanks that WANT to get into the line of fire, Reposition to keep both units from getting attacked or get them boosted across to hit someone else.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I use a mixture of Drawback and Reposition actually. Combined with a dancer, it further increases your positioning options to place the character you want closer or further away from targets.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I run Hector/Rein so I have Swap on Hector and Reposition on Rein. That way I can hurl Hector around at the speed of sound if need be, but can also attack with Rein and then have Hector swap to tank the hits from nearby enemies (or if it's Effie on the last map of Lunatic tempest, the same enemy, because she can survive a +Atk DB3 Reinhardt attack).

Generally I think Swap is the best option for Distant Counter users and Pivot is better on armor users who need to get into melee range, like Effie or uninherited Zephiel.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Reposition just seems way more versatile to me. Swap is probably a good option for armors, though.

And for Tempest specifically Reposition is a better option overall imo since there are a lot situations where you just want to get everyone out of enemy range and Swap only lets you dance around in the same positions.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 13, 2017

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

First blue pull of the vantage banner was a 5* +HP -Res Rein.

Kept going a bit and got a second 5* Lance Cordelia.

Ok, game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no lie i'm getting really tired of this hector poo poo. i have a perfect nino and his stats are so high in lunatic 5 that i need attack+any buffs to kill him with nino, otherwise he one-shots everyone with his counter.

ofc, his stats are so goddamn high anyway that while he doesn't one-shot her, he wins vs ytiki, too, gg devs. i've spent like 200 stamina today and i only won once due solely to extremely bad enemy loadouts and overinflated stats.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

The White Dragon posted:

no lie i'm getting really tired of this hector poo poo. i have a perfect nino and his stats are so high in lunatic 5 that i need attack+any buffs to kill him with nino, otherwise he one-shots everyone with his counter.

ofc, his stats are so goddamn high anyway that while he doesn't one-shot her, he wins vs ytiki, too, gg devs. i've spent like 200 stamina today and i only won once due solely to extremely bad enemy loadouts and overinflated stats.

Just let him eat a counter before trying to kill him dude. He won't double on offense.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kyte posted:

Just let him eat a counter before trying to kill him dude. He won't double on offense.

lol my team is nowi, rein, nino, and bcordelia. cordelia died because the enemies spawned with shift abilities that made them build a tangled phalanx on the canyon map so it was impossible to break without losing someone, and with my comp, there simply is no letting anyone "eat a counter"

e: these bonus characters really blow, it's such a junk way to handle this event. i'd use ytiki instead of nowi, but she's not a bonus unit. i'd use lucina, but she can't tank a hit from these inflated atk stats. i'd do the "sub the bonus unit in and then surrender" thing but honestly the way these fights have played out, i either win or there was no way i could've won. the way enemies have such powerful skills combined with their crazy stats is just too much.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 13, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Heavily buffed desperation Nino ORKOs kills even bullshit Hector and Veronica

My problem is when loving Draug is the front Armor because sometimes Nino can't ORKO him

E: no healer or dancer is a much bolder comp than I would run

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Veronica is a big problem, but it seems like my team is dead if Rein or his sister are on the map because literally my only decent RES Green that's near 40 is a 4 star Celicia.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elyv posted:

Heavily buffed desperation Nino ORKOs kills even bullshit Hector and Veronica

My problem is when loving Draug is the front Armor because sometimes Nino can't ORKO him

nino was buffed desperation, but because my nowi is only rally atk 2 instead of rally atk 3 (it's way too late to farm sp now), she was 1 stat point short of one-shotting bullshit hector.

every day i think "today is the day the event will click with my brain" but as it turns out, it's pure luck whether units spawn with abilities that make it impossible to take them without substantial losses, thereby screwing me on the final map.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every blue having 30+ res is seriously crimping Julia's style

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Me: OH BOY WHAT'D I GET?

RNG: A -atk + res Alm, and a +speed -attack jakob!

:shepface:

Those are Jakob's ideal IVs if you use him as debuffer/support (+spd prevents more doubles and -atk means neutral HP/defenses. He is not killing anything anyways). Give him Seal Speed and Spur Speed/Attack and your slower allies can double and hit harder. Rogue Dagger improves his survivability.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
you only need a bonus unit once at any point to get the bonus, so i just throw my 4* tharja/sharena/titania/wrys team in, see how far they get (i got to the last map once, actually), then sub in the mighty Ryoma/Hector/Rein/Lyn team which only loses under really absurd circumstances, and get 500-600 points per win

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

this. unless the ranged infantry unit spawned with pull back or reposition, a blue knight on the left side of the veronica map is how you spell tpk

ungulateman posted:

you only need a bonus unit once at any point to get the bonus, so i just throw my 4* tharja/sharena/titania/wrys team in, see how far they get (i got to the last map once, actually), then sub in the mighty Ryoma/Hector/Rein/Lyn team which only loses under really absurd circumstances, and get 500-600 points per win

so you'd think, but as i say, blue mounted unit on the left? their defensive stats are so high that if they start moving in a block with veronica, there's next to no way for me to bust it unless i have all the right specials ready

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 13, 2017

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

cheetah7071 posted:

My Julia does just fine with Azura assist?

Although to be fair she was -Atk so I'm already used to her not ORKOing. I really should change Desperation to G. Tomebreaker though.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

nino was buffed desperation, but because my nowi is only rally atk 2 instead of rally atk 3 (it's way too late to farm sp now), she was 1 stat point short of one-shotting bullshit hector.

every day i think "today is the day the event will click with my brain" but as it turns out, it's pure luck whether units spawn with abilities that make it impossible to take them without substantial losses, thereby screwing me on the final map.

That's interesting. I only make it to the final map with no casualties probably around 40% of the time, but there have been maybe two times where I felt like I had no way to avoid losing units instead of just being sloppy. I strongly recommend running a healer, though. I've been using BLyn but honestly Lissa or whoever is probably 95% as good because BLyn only attacks like once every other run.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kyte posted:

My Julia does just fine with Azura assist?

She's not useless by any means

It's just that her style is crimped

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elyv posted:

That's interesting. I only make it to the final map with no casualties probably around 40% of the time, but there have been maybe two times where I felt like I had no way to avoid losing units instead of just being sloppy. I strongly recommend running a healer, though. I've been using BLyn but honestly Lissa or whoever is probably 95% as good because BLyn only attacks like once every other run.

yeah it's weird, i have like a 95% survival rate getting to the final area. i only lose hp (on purpose) on nino and cordelia because they have vantage, and victory is basically entirely dependent on "is the ranged infantry julia (y = lose, n = win); is the mounted unit jagen or sully (y = lose, n = win)"

if a unit spawns with a reposition skill that the AI doesn't know how to use properly (smite or swap), then i can also usually win because it just traps veronica (or her infantry cheerleader) in the back.

at least by switching lucina for nowi, i've changed one more factor in my favor where leo on the right is no longer a defeat scenario.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 13, 2017

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

so you'd think, but as i say, blue mounted unit on the left? their defensive stats are so high that if they start moving in a block with veronica, there's next to no way for me to bust it unless i have all the right specials ready

the mounted unit just runs ahead of everyone else and dies, in my experience. it's more difficult if the mounted mage is also blue, because then hector has to get dragged across half the map in order to counter-kill them and also the cavalier, but the only real danger is if the cav is Cain because of :wom:. Run units that can counterattack I guess? :shrug:

the actually dangerous unit on the last map is Veronica, who can one-shot nearly every unit in the game with a bonfire proc, with honorable mention going to Gwendolyn because she has Drag Back, which is way more dangerous than her actually attacking anything

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ungulateman posted:

but the only real danger is if the cav is Cain because of :wom:

i love to see cain, i'll purposely half-kill the armor to lure him out and then one-shot him with... anyone. cain's defenses suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

in my experience, it takes the melee cav way too long to get to the front lines, so by the time they're there (barring the ai loving itself with move skills), they're usually in a critical mass block where attacking is impossible without losing too many units to finish the map with.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 13, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can someone repost the discord link so I can put it in the OP? I can't find it again and I was on my phone when I saw it the first time (and just remembered it now).

If anyone else has anything they would like to see linked in the OP go ahead and mention it too.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I hella love it when the last map spawns a blue mounted caster because it means I can put Cecilia in the corner and as long as they have no other targets that mage will suicide into her.

Tharja will kill any green mounted unit and even Hector if she's healthy enough. Long as I remember not to let Veronica touch anything and gently caress up her buffs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ungulateman posted:

The problem with this is that your weaker team probably kills things slower, so spending too much time with them just lowers your speed score. I mean, I was trying that for a while, but eventually I realized that I was better off just surrendering with the first team immediately.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone repost the discord link so I can put it in the OP? I can't find it again and I was on my phone when I saw it the first time (and just remembered it now).

If anyone else has anything they would like to see linked in the OP go ahead and mention it too.

Zwingley posted:

There actually is a Discord, and I think it was in the OP at one point?

Here's an invite link: https://discord.gg/TNkk2AY

Maybe Cheetah can throw it in the OP at some point. :v:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I've settled on Reinhardt Cecilia Olivia Lucina as my A-team for this. Can reach the final stage safely 90% of the time and defeat almost any combination in the final stage as long I don't make a mistake.

It goes without saying that Reinhardt is a boss but Lucina has been more than pulling her weight between healing everyone and taking out the occasionally monster colourless (not to mention being effective against Veronica).

A full run takes 8 minutes so I've been making good headway. I just surrender when I occasionally make a tactical error that results in Reinhardt dying though. I can survive losing Cecilia and usually get all the way to the end where the B-team can take over if necessary but after losing Olivia or Reinhardt it takes a lot longer to get through the battles and I'm well on my way to 50k points anyway.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 13, 2017

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Clarste posted:

The problem with this is that your weaker team probably kills things slower, so spending too much time with them just lowers your speed score. I mean, I was trying that for a while, but eventually I realized that I was better off just surrendering with the first team immediately.

If you can consistently get through all the maps and beat the end with one team then more power to you, but my win rate shot way up when I started using an Alpha team to clear maps and a Beta team to wipe out Veronica.

Of course I also have a five star Robin with triangle adept 3 and he is soooo clutch against the colorless and reds that appear, so he goes with my second team.

I'm extremely proud of my map-clearing team of Linde/Xander/Olivia/Azama since even with Azama throwing out heals I don't have too much trouble hitting A ranks on speed.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Finally got to 10k because I'm not good at the game and am playing Hard 5 and not touching Lunatic. Don't know how worth it it will be to keep going, but I got 4* FMarth and orbs and feathers so I'm happy with my progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thanks!