Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sorry for the hot take. you guys are right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Unless you've never seen zelda in action on a switch, it could do a nice quality MH just fine.

Now we get an uprez'd 3DS game instead of a native engine one ;_;

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so i guess dreams and wild are cancelled at this point right?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
All arguments aside, I think we can agree that Microsoft's conference was probably the most dire showing at E3 in years.

Not even one true exclusive.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

All arguments aside, I think we can agree that Microsoft's conference was probably the most dire showing at E3 in years.

I mean, Sea of Thieves and Forza are exclusive. They own windows 10/the windows 10 store. Still not an impressive lineup.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Internet Kraken posted:

Not true! They had the Porsche 9/11!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

not even one 1st party game newer than a 2014 announcement

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Byolante posted:

I don't understand the interest in Hidden Agenda at all. Its a cross between david cage and those VCR 'games' from the mid 90s.

You need to play Until Dawn

Also Dead of Winter or Battlestar Galactica (needs an additional 3 people)

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Internet Kraken posted:

Nope,

even they've been more consistent than in years past.

There was the sunset over drive titan fall year, where besides the halo remake, those were literally the only two exclusives out for the console.
and sony had infamous and 1001 delays.

Also microsoft didn't have a live music performance at e3 besides the silly piano during trailer thing.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I mean, Sea of Thieves and Forza are exclusive. They own windows 10/the windows 10 store. Still not an impressive lineup.

Also exclusive sales to the two people willing to use the win10 store.

Probably the same Dumbfuck who unironically use bing.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

from the new xbone thread

Instant Sunrise posted:

This is the full list of upcoming Xbox One console exclusives (Defined as: games that are only available on the Xbox One and PC):

Air Missions: HIND (6/14/17) §†
Cuphead (9/29/17) §
Forza Motorsport 7 (10/3/17)
Crackdown 3 (11/7/17)
The Adventure Pals (2017)
Anamorphine (2017) §
The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti (2017) §
Ashen (2017)
Beacon (2017)
Beat the Game (2017) §
Book of Demons (2017) §†
Crash Force (2017) §†
Deadbeat Heroes (2017)
Full Metal Furies (2017) §
Glitchrunners (2017) §†
Graveyard Keeper (2017) §
The Last Night (2017) §†
Monster Buster: Agency (2017) §
Ooblets (2017) §
Outward - The Adventurer Life Sim (2017)
Phantasmal: City of Darkness (2017) §†
Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days (2017) §†
Sombrero (2017) §†
Swordy (2017) §†
Aftercharge (2018) §
The Darwin Project (2018)
Deep Rock Galactic (2018) §
Starpoint Gemini: Warlords (2018) §†
Astroneer (Early Access) §†
The Culling (Early Access) §†
Gigantic (Early Access)
Pit People (Early Access) §†
AE Lucky Fishing (TBA)
Calibre 10 Racing Series (TBA) §†
Chuck's Challenge 3D (TBA) §†
Elementales (TBA)
ENKI (TBA) §†
Gemini - A Tale of Two Stars (TBA)
Happy Dou Dizhu (TBA)
Happy Mahjong (TBA)
I'm MT 2 (TBA)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (TBA)
The Toilet Chronicles (TBA)

---

§ Denotes games that already have a Steam page
† Denotes games that have already been released on Steam.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Sony dropped the ball again. Still no Jumping Flash :colbert:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Internet Kraken posted:

Microsoft has been neglecting their exclusives for years, it's one of the reasons they are still struggling to catch up to the PS4. Lot of hype over the Xbox One X, but there's no good games to launch that with? They seem lost.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
So what's the over-under for Nintendo winning E3 tomorrow?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Microsoft never really has had a strong showing of exclusives and got through the last gen by sony loving up constantly than picking themselves up to even it out, with mircosoft just kinda figuring that people would continue to buy whatever console was in the game section with the green x.

Having the best multiplats doesn't mean much when powers fleeting and pc games exist.

Sony spent that gen, and the ps2 era, even with gently caress ups during ps3, starting a lot of the exclusives people are looking for now.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did anyone else think that Crackdown 3 looked like a last-gen game? I was not impressed. I'm sure it will be fun but it looks dated already.

Not quite that bad, but let's say a last gen engine running at max on PC. Saints Row 4 but with more explosions.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

We're never going to see an xbox exclusive again that isn't also confirmed or the PC. Just how it is.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

Capcom should save everyone some time and disappointment and just become the monster hunter company they're destined to be anyway

Not before they make a sequel to DMC4 or Dragons Dogma.

They should just rebrand Deep Down to Dragons Dogma 2. It is basically Dragons Dogma + Co op which everyone wanted with the pawn system anyway.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

incoherent posted:

from the new xbone thread
Microsoft E3 Conference Thread: The Toilet Chronicles

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

spasticColon posted:

I give it a 50-50 chance.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

incoherent posted:

We're never going to see an xbox exclusive again that isn't also confirmed or the PC. Just how it is.

I as someone with a ps4 who has no interest in an xbox, find it intriguing for a few games I wanted to try out like cuphead, and potentially crackdown. And now I have a gaming pc.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

spasticColon posted:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They got 25 minutes (allegedly) and I think Reggie said it's going to have a big 2017 Mario Odyssey focus so you've got that to look forward to.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spasticColon posted:

Nintendo has a pretty strong lineup for the rest of the year. One or two surprises, or god forbid actually confirming Xenblade Chronicles 2 is coming out this year, would do it imo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is it the main team making MonHun?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I give it a 50-50 chance.

mario will be 100% best game shown unless it can't stand up to wolfenstien

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

spasticColon posted:

None because Devolver does what Nintendont.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean it's the two opposite extremes. Microsoft's strategy is about that Xbox/PC crossplatform poo poo. Sony's conference seemed like it was doubling down on exclusives at the expense of showing anything of note. I think Dan Ryckert put it pretty well as "if a Shadow of the Colossus remake is the most exciting thing at your conference that's not great." I'd argue MHW is probably more exciting to me personally, but that's a multi-plat. Spiderman I personally think looks dope but it was also a known quantity going in.

I don't think Microsoft did that bad, honestly. And I think if you put it as "the most dire showing" below Bethesda's remarketing their existing games under VR and paid mods, I'd say you're kinda nuts.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If you think a Mario trailer equals winning E3 then they will probably win E3, if not then probably not

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Playstation 4 posted:

Also exclusive sales to the two people willing to use the win10 store.

Probably the same Dumbfuck who unironically use bing.

Now that all of xbox exclusives are play anywhere I'd much rather just enter my key into the windows store than buy an xbox one for gears of war, forza, etc.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

If you think a Mario trailer equals winning E3 then they will probably win E3, if not then probably not
Kingdom Battle already did win E3 so this checks out

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

so i guess dreams and wild are cancelled at this point right?

Wild is still very much in active development. Ancel sporadically posts stuff from it on Instagram. It's probably another "early 2018" game that will be a releasing soon headliner for PSX in December.

spasticColon posted:

Depends on if they have anything other than Mario to show.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

reggie also said there would be additional announcements during their treehouse segments which i love but i don't want to go through it to get to superstar saga 3ds remake and possibly some other surprise announcements

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Llb43WN0Q Why didn't they just show this?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Policenaut posted:

They got 25 minutes (allegedly) and I think Reggie said it's going to have a big 2017 Mario Odyssey focus so you've got that to look forward to.

he didn't say that

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/12/reggie-says-the-first-hour-of-nintendos-e3-treehouse-live-will-have-more-breaking-news/

quote:

Nintendo will not be getting their time in the E3 spotlight for a couple of days, but Nintendo America’s Reggie Fils-Aime didn’t let that stop him from offering a preview of things to come in a segment with Geoff Keighley on the YouTube Live @ E3 stream. Reggie confirmed at the stream that, indeed, the Nintendo Spotlight will be 25 minutes long. The Nintendo Spotlight will contain “a number of reveals, a number of first looks”. However, you will want to stick around for the first hour of Nintendo’s Treehouse Live. This is because, according to Reggie, Nintendo will have even more breaking news to reveal.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

What was the devolved thing that people keep mentioning but never link to or say what it is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is it the main team making MonHun?
at the very least its the director of MH4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MvC trailer was kind of funny because if you didn't know what the series was about I doubt you could have guessed it was a fighting game.

Probably the most disappointing thing about the Sony presser was how they didn't really have anything new to show and it was just expansions of stuff they showed last year (with Days Gone still not getting a release date so I guess expect it again next year.)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

JUST GIVE ME SMASH

EDIT: AND CAPTAIN TOAD 2 BUT THAT'S ASKING A LOT I KNOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I don't think Microsoft did that bad, honestly.

they have a dire 1st party studio situation right now and desperately need to make new ips more than once every 3 or 4 e3's

• Locked thread