Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

They showed almost literally no actual gameplay, what about it looks bad and dumb

Your Computer posted:

It looks like every other next gen game im the camera shake :thunk:

I don't know... I'm just not a big fan of all the brown-tinted third person shaky-cam next gen games. It looks more like those "cinematic" games like Tomb Raider or something than a Monster Hunter, that's all.

Obviously I'll have to see some Actual Gameplay before I make any real judgements :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Nothing about that trailer looked interesting to me at all. If I hadn't recognized rathalos there I never would have even realized it was supposed to be a Monster Hunter game in the first place.

Like, that doesn't look like open world Monster Hunter, it looks like a generic open world game with the Monster Hunter name tacked on.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

they did show quite a bit detective vision, monster climbing, stealth, dynamic traps, grappling hook, cooking with no music

Yeah, but they were all strung together awkwardly and unnaturally, it was more of a list of things you can do and it didn't give any sense of the actual moment to moment gameplay. Except crouching next to the monster but that's not exactly going to be most of your play time.

Edit: I think the only time the sword was drawn was the jump attack to initiate a mount

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's more sword swinging in that slightly different trailer. doesn't have the big hit sparks though which feels off

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

That trailer was less saturated than the mainline games, but it was in no way brown. Come on, guys.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
There's some kind of JP stream for MHW in a week, lists Tsujimoto and the mainline MH crew as staff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It was much more brown, I would nearly describe the colors in Monster Hunter 4 as garish.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

It was much more brown, I would nearly describe the colors in Monster Hunter 4 as garish.

MH4 was Capcom using Homer Simpson's makeup gun set on 'whore'.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

it looked like gears of war

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Royal Ludroth swallowing an aptonoth whole. Man, it'd be nice if MHW has a lot of 3rd Gen monsters in it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/MHKogath/status/874462796083109888

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Neat, I'm glad everyone is learning from Nintendo treehouse

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Kawabata posted:

it looked like gears of war

I would describe Gears of War as grey.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

not actually a royal ludroth but a new monster named Great Jagras (or something like that) according to famitsu. the little yellow dinos are Jagras.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 13, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You don't have to 'describe' it as any color it's literally posted in this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/HXovT01.gifv

Unless someone is colorblind and needs impressions in which case I assure you it's periwinkle.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I would describe Gears of War as muscular grey.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cool!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lemming posted:

Monster Hunter desperately needs the BotW treatment (ie reassessing the assumptions and being willing to throw away anything that is holding it back due to tradition)

I mean, every stagnant series does, but MH especially

I have so little faith in capcom to assess what's stale and shake things up that it's kind of shocking

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

another slightly different video of the same stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCGbdxAjWRs

the stealth looks uh strange but that must be a consequence of only seeing a little of it at a time, and it's kind of annoying that he never uses his weapon but i guess they really want to show off all the environmental stuff which does look pretty neat, especially considering that it's an open world so you probably won't always fight monsters in the same places.

if tomorrow they run around and actually swing their weapons and prove that yes it is still a game about hitting big monsters with big swords i think i'll start getting optimistic about it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm mean I'm still gonna buy the game like I bought street fighter 5 (I am dumb), but I won't be surprised if capcom fucks it up

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

lets hang out posted:

the stealth looks uh strange but that must be a consequence of only seeing a little of it at a time, and it's kind of annoying that he never uses his weapon but i guess they really want to show off all the environmental stuff which does look pretty neat, especially considering that it's an open world so you probably won't always fight monsters in the same places.

if tomorrow they run around and actually swing their weapons and prove that yes it is still a game about hitting big monsters with big swords i think i'll start getting optimistic about it.

Theres a machinegun at 4:08

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the game already had guns they were just terrible, im okay with them making the guns like... playable?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the stealth is weird but you can basically mess with initial aggro in monhun already, if you crouch walk while the monsters in suspicion mode
its not very useful

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

for anyone poo-pooing MHWorld, you're missing the point that we have a grapple hook and no more "transitions" between zones. I'm pretty dtf when it comes to PC.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

the game already had guns they were just terrible, im okay with them making the guns like... playable?

the guns were always insanely good lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

bownguns

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

they play as like, bards. they aren't fun to shoot mechanically. yeah they're good but they don't do what you think guns do

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Hasn't the HBG held top kill/speedrun times in every single game in the series?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

they play as like, bards. they aren't fun to shoot mechanically. yeah they're good but they don't do what you think guns do

that's not even close to correct, it's like playing a mobile cannon which owns

these are different and also own, but bowguns have always been the top tier a+ super fun choice

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

what

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lets hang out posted:

Yea stealth/environment stuff is clearly this game's big feature so so far that's what gets center stage. I'm pretty into what I've seen, laying traps and poo poo is always fun, if I can do some crazy organic poo poo with that I'm sold.

Yea when I'm firing an artillery cannon into a dragon's rear end in a top hat my first thought is 'this really isn't what I expected when I built a giant cannon labeled 'the dragon rear end exploder'.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Ohtsam posted:

Theres a machinegun at 4:08

Capcom let me strap some barrel bombs to a bullfango and ride it off a ramp and into a rathalos. I need this. Because reasons.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

wanna remind people of the trailer they introduced mh4 with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lets hang out posted:

wanna remind people of the trailer they introduced mh4 with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8

The resemblance is uncanny :aaa: Dumb camera angles and everything.

I definitely need to see some actual in-game footage of a hunt.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I am mad that they are making more monster hunter!!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Terrific Accident posted:

I am mad that they are making more monster hunter!!

Let's be honest. This is as much Monster Hunter as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was a real Castlevania.

Which is to say it's visually a spectacle and has a few characters that you might remember, but otherwise it bears little to no resemblance to the thing it's claiming to be. And then maybe Satan shows up.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ChibiSoma posted:

Let's be honest. This is as much Monster Hunter as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was a real Castlevania.

Which is to say it's visually a spectacle and has a few characters that you might remember, but otherwise it bears little to no resemblance to the thing it's claiming to be. And then maybe Satan shows up.

Dude all we've seen is a single 5-minute trailer with very little gameplay, loving chill out.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

what about mhw makes it have little resemblance to monster hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Brother Entropy posted:

what about mhw makes it have little resemblance to monster hunter

haven't you heard? There's no music for cooking meat

• Locked thread