Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I am going to buy at least one Monster Hunter in the next 12 months, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Bubba Smith posted:

the art style. it looks better than the show it is based on.

It looks good but the old ones didn't look bad. And MvC at least looks decent but it doesn't look particularly fun, especially after MvC3 ended up being kinda underwhelming.

BreakAtmo posted:

Wait, really? I just assumed Marvel wanted to advertise only the characters they have the movie rights to, not that they literally weren't allowed to use X-Men.

I was under this assumption as well. There are many other games with XMen characters, including the recently ported Diablo-like and the Marvel Lego game. Might be something specific to Capcom, like they had leased the rights from someone who doesn't want to offer them up anymore or doesn't have the rights anymore either.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

homeless snail posted:

I am going to buy at least one Monster Hunter in the next 12 months, sorry

Buy all Monster Hunter games, it's the only way.

And it's what I'm doing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BreakAtmo posted:

Wait, really? I just assumed Marvel wanted to advertise only the characters they have the movie rights to, not that they literally weren't allowed to use X-Men.

bloodychill posted:

I was under this assumption as well. There are many other games with XMen characters, including the recently ported Diablo-like and the Marvel Lego game. Might be something specific to Capcom, like they had leased the rights from someone who doesn't want to offer them up anymore or doesn't have the rights anymore either.

Marvel is still calling the shots on licensing, so yes it's very much them focusing on MCU related characters. Marvel Heroes gets away with it because that's an entirely different studio working on that and that game was in development years before MvC: Infinite was even a twinkle in Capcom's eye (2009 if Wikipedia is correct) and have an entirely separate licensing deal. Considering that Marvel Heroes is a F2P game, it sees potentially more players than whatever a MvC could ever hope to court and if players are ever so familiar with Marvel characters, they would most definitely notice missing X-Men characters like Wolverine or Magneto.

Edit: Oh, and I just remembered, it was also just a few years ago that MvC2 and UMvC3 were removed from digital sale temporarily. Same thing here. Capcom had to re-license to bring them back to the PlayStation Store/Xbox Live.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 13, 2017

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think the leaks (or were they just rumours?) said that the x-men were going to be dlc along with the dark stalker characters that were cut from the roster.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I think the leaks (or were they just rumours?) said that the x-men were going to be dlc along with the dark stalker characters that were cut from the roster.

If that ends up being true then Capcom's DLC plans are even more shittier than I originally thought.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Haven't touched latest gen console fighters really. Always felt there was way too much to learn, especially for just one fighters move set

Also yeah seems ripe for the pickings for DLC as well

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Haven't touched latest gen console fighters really. Always felt there was way too much to learn, especially for just one fighters move set

To what end? Competing internationally? Sure. loving around against the AI or some friends? Nah. Button mash and fireball as normal.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Playing online against goons? Finding a consistent group? Maybe with a lobby? (Is that a thing?) I know of course there's discord

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What PS4 exclusives are actually coming out this year?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Playing online against goons? Finding a consistent group? Maybe with a lobby? (Is that a thing?) I know of course there's discord

I don't play against goons in fighting games, I only farm loot boxes with them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

RatHat posted:

uhhhh knack 2?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

RatHat posted:

Uncharted™ The Lost Legacy®

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat, devs have really figured out how to make third person PS4 games look amazing haven't they?
The Uncharted 4 expansion, Horizon expansion, Days Gone and God of War all look AMAZING

It's kinda bizarre how Xbox kept harping on about 4K when imo, apart from Forza maybe, nothing they showed looked as near as good as anything Sony had.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Crash motherfucking Bandicoot son

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
DLC and remasters don't count.

Also gently caress I just looked at how many games are coming out in October. That's gonna be a busy month.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RatHat posted:

Also gently caress I just looked at how many games are coming out in October. That's gonna be a busy month.

The new Uncharted got bumped from short DLC to full-fledged retail game.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I slept through the sony presentation, started at bloody 2 am here. Is there any new stuff thats available to download now? I gathered there's a MvCI demo, anything else?

Hyped for monster hunter on ps4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope just the Marvel demo, warning, it's bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
How similar is Horizon to Far cry Primal?

I'm in the middle of playing that just now but am burning out on the bow and arrow/spear throwing, open world resource grinding aspect of it.

Horizon looks cool, but the superficial info I've read about it implies it's got a lot of that kind of stuff in it too?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I tried Shadow of the Colossus on PS Now a while back but the controls felt pretty archaic to the point that I found it almost unplayable, I hope they modernise this for the remake, or at least give you the option of two control sets.

I want to try Persona 5 but don't want another 100 hour game coming off Witcher 3 and Yakuza 0 (which I'm only half-way through)...

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Its not just the controls, the while thing feels sluggish and poorly refined to a much higher degree than Ico. The frame rate, the janky movement, the federal instability. Still, the things it does well are enough for folks to look past those and even to make excuses for the poor production.

I'm certainly willing to give this remake another shot if it comes in at a reasonable price and if it runs flawlessly and I mean flawlessly. Any kind of dip in production quality and if rather look out my original copy and play it through an emulator.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

Its not just the controls, the while thing feels sluggish and poorly refined to a much higher degree than Ico. The frame rate, the janky movement, the federal instability. Still, the things it does well are enough for folks to look past those and even to make excuses for the poor production.

Are you talking about the HD remake?!
I had none of these issues

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I really hope they remake ICO as well, just to complete the set :allears:.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bloodychill, you can shareplay dbfz with me when it launches and even over streaming you'll be able to tell how great team red arcsys games feel on a tactile and visceral level. Theres just nothing more fun in fighters.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Are you talking about the HD remake?!
I had none of these issues

Oh god no the original on ps2, never played the HD remake but I'd imagine it ironed out the originals problems.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

Oh god no the original on ps2, never played the HD remake but I'd imagine it ironed out the originals problems.

Yeah the PS3 version was insanely good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Except for the thing where your stamina drain was tied to framerate in SotC. I don't think it causes a huge problem though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Kin posted:

I'm in the middle of playing that just now but am burning out on the bow and arrow/spear throwing, open world resource grinding aspect of it.

Horizon looks cool, but the superficial info I've read about it implies it's got a lot of that kind of stuff in it too?

Horizon is good. And there's less open world bullshit but its still there. But I'd play a not open world game or 2 between them.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah the PS3 version was insanely good.

Its it available on ps4 at all?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Macarius Wrench posted:

Its it available on ps4 at all?

Not until 2018, as we just learned. Doesn't look like it's up on PS Now either.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kin posted:

It does have crafting for gear and resources, but there aren't that many weapon/armor tiers in the game. Crafting in Horizon works more like reloading in a regular TPS. The bow and world traversal mechanics are almost identical to the new Tomb Raiders, if you've played those. It's still very open world in the sheer amount of things to do so you might not want to dive into it right away, but what sets Horizon apart from Primal imho is that it has a really involving story.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Horizon doesn't really have "traversal mechanics" at all, you can climb pre-placed and clearly marked paths on certain cliffs and buildings. They do some tricks with your jumping to help you get around on rocky outcrops but in general clambering up stuff is not meant to be an end in and of itself like in TR.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

JBP posted:

I turned off Life is Strange 30 seconds into the game (rightfully and justifiably so) and everyone yelled at me. Post with no regrets and no mercy my friend.

People were surprisingly mad about that.

JBP posted:

I actually like the forums though.

That makes you a bit of a monster though.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

RatHat posted:

Yeah they do.

Also Crash isn't a remaster, it's a remake, at least in terms of the visuals being completely redone from the ground up. And Uncharted Lost Legacy is going to be one of those huge stand-alone titles that's a bit too big to be brushed off as mere DLC.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Uncharted Lost Legacy is a product being sold in stores and it's a stand-alone product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
We are getting into semantics here but from what I've seen the new crash is more of a remaster than a remake. It looks like they've jazzed up the visuals and thats it. A remake says to me that it's being totally redone from scratch ala the ff7 remake, but again its just a definition.