Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I think it was meant to be a joke on how they were moving on his turf by doing their own reading instead of letting him do it.

Or maybe he genuinely just needed a poo poo idk

edit: also genuinely impressed by Matt's knowledge of Northern Ireland and the troubles, something that most British people, even those who follow politics, know fuckall about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Bah gawd
https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/874518032105836544

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn this episode was cathartic.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Really though, who here can actually explain how magnets loving work???

https://archive.org/details/ElectricityAndMagnetismPurcell_201701

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

Also, I read a couple of Angela Nagle's essays for the Dublin Review of Books tonight. They're excellent - here she articulates the ideological distance between Catholic social justice teachings and Marxist thought, here she unfavorably reviews Laurie Pennie's book Cybersexism.

quote:

When we look at the major social media corporations, organisations Penny describes as “terrifying”, their platforms are not only dramatically more popular among women than the misogynist geek gutter but they have also enabled women to do something concrete to address the attacks. Leveraging their own profit motive against them, feminist campaigns have succeeded in getting Twitter and Facebook to take some measures to address extreme misogynist imagery and threatening behaviour.

Nagle's 2013 sounds nice haha

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
man imagine thinking twitter was actually addressing that poo poo, what a wild world we live in

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The dry boys have tapped into the reality distortion field that Trump used to become press.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Sandweed posted:

The dry boys have tapped into the reality distortion field that Trump used to become press.

matt vs bill mitchell in the repeat of Scanners finale

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

They've staffed and used their offices for years, that in itself really isn't anything noteworthy.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Also lol The sun is such a lovely tabloid.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
80 year old billionaire sex offenders tend to have a disproportionately negative impact on the world

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/874019528925171712

The youtube video comments are an incredible rabbit hole.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Antares posted:

the thick of it / in the loop are the greatest satires ever made

Except for the fact they aren't satire

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

God drat this ep is good

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
edit -- oh nevermind i'm wrong

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

TomViolence posted:

I think it was meant to be a joke on how they were moving on his turf by doing their own reading instead of letting him do it.

Or maybe he genuinely just needed a poo poo idk
They joked about "awkward dinner parties" when he comes back, I got the impression that probably his parents know Katha Pollit socially or something.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Matt is firing on all cylinders in the new Corbyn episode, he's doing an Irish accent AND a Nixon impersonation.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/874635657523716096

JEZ!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

while this is cool, considering how most of labour was treating him it rings a little hollow but hell maybe they're all 100% on board now

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I grew up methodist with a Scottish dad. I've really only heard one side of The Troubles and admittedly I know little to nothing about it. Is this series a decent starting point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSeCR8hObNc

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

They joked about "awkward dinner parties" when he comes back, I got the impression that probably his parents know Katha Pollit socially or something.

Yeah that was my interpretation as well

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This. I actually have had some suspicion that will is controlled opposition of some sort and has been pushing chapo in a fruitless direction for some time.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

This. I actually have had some suspicion that will is controlled opposition of some sort and has been pushing chapo in a fruitless direction for some time.

i see...

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The latest episode proved that Amber is the best Chapo. Felix is a close second.

Also, if any of you guys are interested, I made a Chapo PS4 community. The name is PS4 Dryboys.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Matt Zerella posted:

I grew up methodist with a Scottish dad. I've really only heard one side of The Troubles and admittedly I know little to nothing about it. Is this series a decent starting point?

Armed Struggle: A History of the IRA by Richard English is the best work I've read on the subject. Other works I've found rewarding - To Take Arms: A Year in the Provisional IRA by Maria McGuire, Watching the Door: Drinking up, Getting Down, and Cheating Death in 1970s Belfast, "The New Strategy of the IRA" by Cathal Goulding.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Matt Zerella posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ZzIdn31RI This is a good interview with a Belfast PIRA man on the lam in New York and the fact that he's elucidating the republican perspective while getting progressively drunker makes it extra Chapo friendly

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lmao the Tories are sour as gently caress hahahaha

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Uhh what

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Sorry to spoil the fun but that chant is fake. Just FYI because I saw a couple of people get taken in by it online.

Corbyn did get some nice burns in on the conservatives for real, though.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

They essentially outline white nationalism and the problems with mass immigration. I think a good discussion topic if they were to ever meet with the chapo boys would be the validity of white identity or a white ethnostate. The Shoah guys I think would be down with this I gather from listening to their podcast. Chapo guys might need to tweak the debate guidelines somewhat but I think it would be both educational and lead to tons of laughs for both sides of such a debate was happening

But I think chapo audience is more interested in debating a fraud comedian who does nothing to challenge their world view. Which is ok. I am a fan of how chapo calls out memebers of the pundit class and it's pretty funny. The left seems to have a thing about not debating "nazis" even though almost no one self identifies as a nazi not even the historically group labeled as nazis. Pretty funny I think chapo and their fans being part of irony Twitter like to play into this idea.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Is this a joke or is this happening again

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
I propose that we No Platform forums user Famethrowa

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Except for the fact they aren't satire

that's true, they did slowly become documentaries as every insane script they wrote became reality

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

You can't have a good faith debate with Nazis, checkmate fascailures.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Famethrowa posted:

They essentially outline white nationalism and the problems with mass immigration. I think a good discussion topic if they were to ever meet with the chapo boys would be the validity of white identity or a white ethnostate. The Shoah guys I think would be down with this I gather from listening to their podcast. Chapo guys might need to tweak the debate guidelines somewhat but I think it would be both educational and lead to tons of laughs for both sides of such a debate was happening

But I think chapo audience is more interested in debating a fraud comedian who does nothing to challenge their world view. Which is ok. I am a fan of how chapo calls out memebers of the pundit class and it's pretty funny. The left seems to have a thing about not debating "nazis" even though almost no one self identifies as a nazi not even the historically group labeled as nazis. Pretty funny I think chapo and their fans being part of irony Twitter like to play into this idea.

sir, this is a planned parenthood clinic

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Famethrowa posted:

ah yes, the validity of a white ethnostate

edit: my bad flamethrowa, didn't realise you were quoteposting

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

even the nazis didn't call themselves nazis, which just proves that today's people who advocate the same ideas but don't call themselves nazis aren't the same.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

Yeah debating the guys whose podcast name is a joke about the Holocaust would be really fruitful.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Famethrowa posted:

For a minute I didn't realize this was a quote and I was fuckin' shook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Yeah debating the guys whose podcast name is a joke about the Holocaust would be really fruitful.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783133&pagenumber=84&perpage=40#post468010286