Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was hoping to watch some of the best have an existential crisis if the series went 3-2 or 3-3, but oh well, congrats Warriors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So much Durant hate going on in the GDT.

I don't hate the guy and he absolutely deserves his mvp but it seems like it would be good for the NBA as a whole if he would have gone somewhere else.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I heard a rumor that he'll end up in Washington at some point

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

So much Durant hate going on in the GDT.

I don't hate the guy and he absolutely deserves his mvp but it seems like it would be good for the NBA as a whole if he would have gone somewhere else.

Yeah, and people are saying they could stay together for the next 5 years or so. The Clark and McGee of the world go, but KD will take less to keep the group together. Kinda crazy if that's the case.

On one hand Durant went easy mode signing with the Warriors but nothing is a given and he was far and away the mvp of the series so he earned it. He's a good guy too so good for him.

Gotta hand it to Bron and Kyrie. Those two are pretty ridiculous and made the series way closer than anyone else could have. Big respect.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/B1ackSchefter/status/874472820394397700

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
The Kardashian Curse is the new Lil B Curse.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can't wait to see how many people blame Lebron for not getting it done

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

They'd be dumb, he did everything he could. He was exceptional this series. Kyrie as well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

https://twitter.com/bobvulfov/status/872674973315452928

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Is this the start of the "LeBron needs help" takes?

That's p funny tho :v:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

They'd be dumb, he did everything he could. He was exceptional this series. Kyrie as well.

Think I counted three Kyrie air balls?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

:raise:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

He was playing hurt, but yeah he wasn't great, just good. Which is kinda the problem, they needed both of those guys to be amazing to have any chance.

JR Smith had a hell of a game and it didn't matter at all.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

He was playing hurt, but yeah he wasn't great, just good. Which is kinda the problem, they needed both of those guys to be amazing to have any chance.

JR Smith had a hell of a game and it didn't matter at all.

Considering he was playing with a busted back, Id say he was pretty great. He was amazing the previous games, but clearly he wasn't 100% tonight.

JR has had a couple very good games. Kevin was a non factor on offense but he was cleaning up the boards.

Lol Korver.

Durant and Steph were just too drat much.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Can we all agree on gently caress skip bayless?

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/874473541374169088

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Patriots, Penguins and Warriors? Blech. We'll probably get a vile World Series like Red Sox-Cardinals again.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It better be Rockies-Astros

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

It better be Rockies-Astros

Lowest rated World Series ever?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Probably, but I'm a Rockies homer

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Lowest rated World Series ever?

I think KC/St Louis in 1985 holds that record maybe? Or it might have at one time, I remember hearing about how bad it was for TV when I was a kid.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I missed 90s cartoon chat to come into basketball chat :gonk:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If I had to guess the most recent low-rated World Series it would be Tampa/Philly in 2008

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

I missed 90s cartoon chat to come into basketball chat :gonk:

Never too late for 90s cartoon chat! Doug and Skeeter will back me up.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I watched the poo poo out of Gargoyles. I was traumatized to hear Goliath be ultra creepy in Requiem for a Dream.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Daria was the best 90s cartoon

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What was the MTV sock puppet show? I enjoyed that.

Sifl and Olly, that was it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Anything cool from E3 so far?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Neo-Nazis lost their fuckin poo poo about Wolfenstein II and it loving owns

The Last Night guy milkshake ducked people

Minecraft guy reminded us he's a reprehensible rear end in a top hat

Full disclosure I mostly follow E3 for dumb outrage now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

A spider man game looks not terrible. Destiny 2 looks to have an actual coherent story.

Weeaboos saw some giant swords and got hard ons.

Some bad looking open world games, a deece looking open world zombie game

More nintendo stuff still to come.

Wolfenstein looks fun as hell.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

Do you guys remember when there were the cartoons "Ghostbusters" and "The Real Ghostbusters"? The former had two dudes and a gorilla. The latter of course was based off the movie.

there was a live-action ghostbusters show in the 70's and they had to exploit that when the true ghostbusters became popular

i saw the trailer for the new ducktales just a few days ago

it seems decent...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeEqyeSu2P0

i'd put the biggest asterisk on the world on durant being a champion but this was cool

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/874518390592774144

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 13, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

what the gently caress

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Disney Afternoon rolling from that to Ducktails to Rescue Rangers to Tail Spin, then they sunset Gummy Bears to introduce the greatest cartoon ever, Darkwing Duck.

My man.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

XCom: Mario edition

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm trolling all my Warriors fans friends by congratulating them on the threepeat. They have no idea how to respond, this is the best

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

XCom: Mario edition

It'sa me, Commander

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

BlindSite posted:

A spider man game looks not terrible.

I haven't watched anything from E3 that's Spider-Man related, but I heard that it looks just like another Spider-Man game. Nothing special or wow'ing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The story about The Last Night guy being a 100% redpiller and creating a game about a dystopian future "where feminists won" and getting poo poo on was hilarious, especially since it was the only good game showing from Microsoft's conference.

Also, I'll always be a Durant fan, and always have "what if" moments in my head had he been allowed to play another season or 2 in Seattle. If Seattle ever gets a team back in the next few years, I hope he can come back.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

The story about The Last Night guy being a 100% redpiller and creating a game about a dystopian future "where feminists won" and getting poo poo on was hilarious, especially since it was the only good game showing from Microsoft's conference.

Eh, it sounds more like the outrage machine got switched on.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/12/15780174/the-last-night-twitter-history-gamergate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

seiferguy posted:

NEOGAF said it best when they called it "milkshake duck personified"

• Locked thread