Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Overwatch dating sim / dancing rhythm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Overwatch party game package.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Found where the dude who toxxed himself got his info from

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That would probably work. Overwatch is one of those games with a ton of characters and lot that is covered in supplementary material but absolutely not in the game itself. It's a lot like Tekken or Street Fighter in that respect. Tons of cool characters, deep stories, none of it in the actual game.

A story driven adventure game for any of the characters would probably sell well and they could just license it and do none of the work except quality control on the writing.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Please enjoy TellTale's "Overwatch: Stories of the Omnic War" coming to Switch in early 2018

At least then Overwatch might get some half decent lore to its name :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK 4 hours out I'm getting my predictions in this thread, cause the E3 thread is gonna be going a trillion posts a minute.

Can't wait to see
- Super Mario Odyssey + release date this year
- DLC plans for BotW
- Bunch of cool as gently caress indie ports you'd normally see on Xbone/PS4/PC

Probably a strong chance of being shown off
- Super Smash Bros Deluxe /w all DLC + WiiU+3DS stages on the one platform
- Firm VC launch date. Gamecube games up first /w Super Mario Sunshine part of the initial line up.
- DLC plans for MK8 Deluxe
- Fire Emblem Warriors + new Fire Emblem game
- Some wildcard game that is launching immediately at the end of the stream

Holy poo poo Nintendo just won E3
- New Metroid Prime from Rare announced
- New Pikmin game
- Retro Joycon controllers that look like NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube controllers with the proper colour schemes (Pipe dream)
- Overwatch (:lol: if true)
- Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana Collection english port

Boring Crap
- 3DS games.. I love my 3DS, but I haven't touched it since the Switch launched. Ever Oasis + Mii character game will be shown, but.. meh..

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Please god. No ARMS tho so probably fake

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I saw that about a week ago and took it with the usual grain of salt, but now that Call of Duty: WW2 actually was a thing during Sony's presentation yesterday, I'm suddenly a lot more convinced that this may be legit.

Also my prediction: VC live today.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah yes the blurry camera phone leak image in TYOOL 2017

I hope that's where Utnayan got his info from

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Unless they cancelled it expect the Superstar Saga 3DS remake to be there.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That seems like a fanboy wet dream specifically crafted to disappoint people who actually believe it. Love it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gimmie odds on more Mario Kart 8 dlc announced.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm surprised they haven't done NSMB all stars yet.

They're all basically the same

If they change the music on some of 'em, maybe

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

OK 4 hours out I'm getting my predictions in this thread, cause the E3 thread is gonna be going a trillion posts a minute.

Can't wait to see
- Super Mario Odyssey + release date this year
- DLC plans for BotW
- Bunch of cool as gently caress indie ports you'd normally see on Xbone/PS4/PC

Probably a strong chance of being shown off
- Super Smash Bros Deluxe /w all DLC + WiiU+3DS stages on the one platform
- Firm VC launch date. Gamecube games up first /w Super Mario Sunshine part of the initial line up.
- DLC plans for MK8 Deluxe
- Fire Emblem Warriors + new Fire Emblem game
- Some wildcard game that is launching immediately at the end of the stream

Holy poo poo Nintendo just won E3
- New Metroid Prime from Rare announced
- New Pikmin game
- Retro Joycon controllers that look like NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube controllers with the proper colour schemes (Pipe dream)
- Overwatch (:lol: if true)
- Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana Collection english port

Boring Crap
- 3DS games.. I love my 3DS, but I haven't touched it since the Switch launched. Ever Oasis + Mii character game will be shown, but.. meh..

If that "strong chance" stuff is shown, they win e3. It has been a really mediocre year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Gimmie odds on more Mario Kart 8 dlc announced.

Good

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

My Prediction is that Bill Trinen will climb inside Reggie and operate him like a mech, firing missiles from his chest towards the Sony and MS booths.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh I'd also like to see Gundam Versus port announced

Cause that poo poo looks fresh as hell

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's weird, but what I'm most excited for is the apps. I really want youtube and a browser.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I want the fireball power that turn bricks into coins (NSMB2) for Mario Maker.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

:(

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's weird, but what I'm most excited for is the apps. I really want youtube and a browser.

netflix, youtube, browser would be super useful. Particularly if you can run a browser in the background without closing out of the game, allowing you to SWITCH between a website and the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

And allow the possibility of homebrew/pirated games?
Preposterous.

(I really want these as well. Netflix in bed would be great on this screen)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

That's basically a dream list if ever I saw one. Good lord though, imagine coming out with all that. It'd be one to way to win E3.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

well why not posted:

My Prediction is that Bill Trinen will climb inside Reggie and operate him like a mech, firing missiles from his chest towards the Sony and MS booths.

Reggie Fils-a-mech was destroyed in 2014.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I ran it through the online photo forensic tool and it's not obviously photoshopped. that being said, you could reproduce that with a printer and a camera phone so yah

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Reggie Fils-a-mech was destroyed in 2014.

That's what he wanted you to think.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's been nearly 2 years since the big man passed. I miss his Directs

https://i.imgur.com/5MO1MKI.mp4

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"Plataform"

Nov 24, 2014

LOL at that "leak".

There's no way they're going to announce 5+ new first party games at e3.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Overwatch x Mario crossover MOBA game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Switch was Iwata's parting gift to Nintendo. Also I'm lighting incense and praying to my Tom Nook Amiibo for a new Animal Crossing. I am leaving dollar bills strewn about its base in hopes money will satisfy it for my request

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

well why not posted:

netflix, youtube, browser would be super useful. Particularly if you can run a browser in the background without closing out of the game, allowing you to SWITCH between a website and the game.

I think the built in webkit browser already works while running a game, since you can screenshot share or go to the eShop while a game is running, and those are both browser-based. So if they release an actual browser it should work the same way.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'd put the odds of a Metroid Prime 3 on about par with the odds of a Baten Kaitos 3 or Skies of Arcadia 2

That is, not literally impossible, but infinitesimally possible

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im excited

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think the built in webkit browser already works while running a game, since you can screenshot share or go to the eShop while a game is running, and those are both browser-based.

neato

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Are we going to use this thread for liveposting during the presentation or somewhere else?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Star Fox FPS.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not a Children posted:

Metroid Prime 3

You mean 4 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

That Rabbids game has been in the works for 3 years... I wonder if it was originally going to be for WiiU? I've never played a Rabbids game but I can see why they annoy people. I think my nephew would totally be into it. If it's a good game I will probably enjoy it, it actually looks fun and has some interesting looking mechanics. Of course, Codename S.T.E.A.M. looked great in trailers when it was announced, and we all know how that turned out.

Infinitum posted:

I've been playing my 3DS loads lately because of Fire Emblem and going back to Devil Survivor. :v:

I doubt Miitopia will be covered since it was shown off in the Direct recently. I'd expect stuff which is further out, maybe Ever Oasis, or would they show off the upcoming Atlus games? There's also Fire Emblem Warriors, it's getting a 3DS port.

Dugong posted:

Are we going to use this thread for liveposting during the presentation or somewhere else?
Either way, it's just going to be pages of people going "HOLKY gently caress" or "what is this poo poo WHERE ARE THE GAMES NINTENDO" :v:

• Locked thread