Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

but whenever i start my pc to play any game on it i just end up playing kerbal space program instead of whatever else i intended on playing :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I want something that can go on my shelf so all my friends can see it okay.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

sounds like you should invest in gundams imo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

financially racist posted:

but whenever i start my pc to play any game on it i just end up playing kerbal space program instead of whatever else i intended on playing :saddowns:

Yeah but a real forza on PC with 700 cars and maple valley

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

L_Harrison posted:

I want something that can go on my shelf so all my friends can see it okay.

Get a Master Chief helmet so your console choice shame is unambiguous

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Norns posted:

Yeah but a real forza on PC with 700 cars and maple valley

look i need to justify buying this stupid forza edition xbone that makes vroom vroom noises whenever i turn it on or off somehow ok

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Get a Master Chief helmet so your console choice shame is unambiguous

My shelf of neatly organized Xbox One games already establishes that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Xbox One game cases are so bad

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im going to buy the super ultimate million dollar edition of this one its going to be awesome

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L_Harrison posted:

My shelf of neatly organized Xbox One games already establishes that.

you ain't hit rock bottom till you got a shelf of neatly organized 3do games

ask me how i know

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Wow, looks like FM7's going to have a ton of poo poo that I've been missing. Maple and Suzuka are back!

Going to have fun playing this on PC, since my bone poo poo the bed way back and I never felt like replacing it, and never felt like picking up Horizon 3.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Also gonna pick up Forza 7 on PC.

Horizon 3 has taught me that dicking around in an open world game with cool cars is fun, but a closed-tracks-only racing game with more accurate physics is just as much fun to dick around in, but in a different way, and neither really steps on the other's toes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd like a forza / mechanic simulator mashup

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I feel like the trailer hinted at actual pit stops but haven't seen anything talking about it either way.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
I'd like some more customization options. More in-depth upgrades would be neat, like being able to choose between actual different parts from various manufacturers and not just "street/sport/race" generic upgrades for everything. It'd also be nice to be able to adjust offset on wheels and paint the lip separately from the face. Also also, I've been wanting to put decals on the glass since Forza 2. I get why it's probably not a big priority, but I've always wanted to see more 'normal' boring cars in these games; let me drive a base Impreza RS and not just an STI, or throw in a few of the cockroaches of the road like a j body or a Pontiac Grand Prix. I have way more fun trying to make stupid, boring cars competitive than driving legit race cars, and I'm sure there are at least tens of people out there who agree and are absolutely clamoring to build a 400hp Ford Contour. Turn 10 please entertain my spergy demands tia

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Wow, looks like FM7's going to have a ton of poo poo that I've been missing. Maple and Suzuka are back!

Going to have fun playing this on PC, since my bone poo poo the bed way back and I never felt like replacing it, and never felt like picking up Horizon 3.

Where was Suzuka confirmed?

Edit: never mind, Dan tweeted it himself.

https://twitter.com/dan_greenawalt/status/874316490572406786

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 12, 2017

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
38 new posts? O!!!

:dance:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hmm, well according to the E3 demo, the wet track stuff is dynamic (the track gained water and developed puddles during a torrential thunderstorm) so that's interesting. And if it's on all tracks, holy poo poo.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Well this is a turn for the best. Without looking at my post history, I think I said I would be completely satisfied if Suzuka, Maple Valley, Mugello, and one more track (Positano, I think?) returned. And I'll be damned! I didn't expect to get 3 out of 4!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L_Harrison posted:

Hmm, well according to the E3 demo, the wet track stuff is dynamic (the track gained water and developed puddles during a torrential thunderstorm) so that's interesting. And if it's on all tracks, holy poo poo.

rain on watkins glen would be the fuckin tits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsJhwZF_Yg&t=18s

WienerDog posted:

Well this is a turn for the best. Without looking at my post history, I think I said I would be completely satisfied if Suzuka, Maple Valley, Mugello, and one more track (Positano, I think?) returned. And I'll be damned! I didn't expect to get 3 out of 4!

yeah, now they just need to bring back camino and the associated other tracks (iberian, ladera, camino xtreme)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Noticing a conspicuous absence of the Holy Trinity on the car list...?

njsykora posted:

It makes me happy that when they add the classic F1 cars, even the 1967 cars which have been loving done to death by now they have a variety and it's not just the Lotus 49.
I want a cheat code that unlocks the F2004, because that's exactly what it is.

financially racist posted:

i love these dumb tie-in cars in forza. my pringles edition moata and nutrigrain edition ford gt are two of my most driven cars in forza 6. especially the gt since there are prolly fewer than 50 of them in the entire game and nobody even knows wtf it is when i pull it out in a lobby.
This is why I'm so proud of my #18 Dragonspeed Lambo Gallardo that I got by doing a few timed-exclusive Rivals races. The car is tonnes of fun but it has one of the best custom liveries I've ever seen.

Edit: AND IT'S ON THE LIST OF CONFIRMED CARS :swoon:

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 13, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Noticing a conspicuous absence of the Holy Trinity on the car list...?

Kinda want to know what those are.

Also love how front-and-center the Super GT Nissan is, but it's still a shame it's not a new car and just the one that was in Forza 6/DLC. Need the blue shinkansen to be in Forza! Oh and the other factory Super GT cars would be nice.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

L_Harrison posted:

So we will have races where the track will be dry and by lap 3 there will be a disastrous puddle? That would make for some interesting moments for close races.

Will Forza 7 PC and Xbox be able to race together? Not sure if its already a thing, but seems important for have big field multiplayer races next spring.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Will Forza 7 PC and Xbox be able to race together? Not sure if its already a thing, but seems important for have big field multiplayer races next spring.

Yes, that's the whole idea behind cross-play titles.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah that's how FH3 works. By default both platforms play together, but you can set it to only match with your platform if you want.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Also love how front-and-center the Super GT Nissan is, but it's still a shame it's not a new car and just the one that was in Forza 6/DLC. Need the blue shinkansen to be in Forza! Oh and the other factory Super GT cars would be nice.

I know most people here just like racing upgraded shitboxes (says the guy who raced a shitload of datsun 510 spec races in fm4) here but I really hope we get some updated racecars. Lots of the GTLM and GT3 cars are now pretty old so it would be nice for some updated ones. Also yeah I'd love some modern super GT's.

I wish they'd include actual racing versions of older cars like the E30 M3, R32 GT-R and Sierra Cosworth. I mean I know you can mod the road cars and slap a livery on but having the actual race versions would be cool.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

harperdc posted:

McLaren P1, Porsche 918 Spyder, Ferrari LaFerraria

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Wow the fh3 performance patch is really night and day.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ShineDog posted:

Wow the fh3 performance patch is really night and day.

Is this a newly released patch? If so I wonder if they addressed the thrustmaster shifter issues

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
A month or so old? Just before hot wheels.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Oh I checked already then and no it didn't fix the shifter issues :(

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I haven't been around for a while, what wheel/pedals would be good for PC for FM7?

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

I haven't been around for a while, what wheel/pedals would be good for PC for FM7?

Depends on your budget. And depends on what PC hardware FM7 will support. The PC hardware support in Horizon 3 has received a lot of criticism for not supporting stuff that nearly every single PC sim racing title supports. I remember reading that the Horizon developers have hinted that there will be better hardware support in a later patch, so it remains to be seen what exact changes will be made, and what that means for FM7.

So far, the simplest answer is a Logitech wheel, if you want a wheel/pedal/shifter combo that will no doubt work with FM7 on PC and which is reasonably priced,.

Sebastian Flyte fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 13, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The dynamic weather in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87z5J3YtlWw

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Car audio sounds better too. GT cars sound like GT cars.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Sebastian Flyte posted:

Depends on your budget. And depends on what PC hardware FM7 will support. The PC hardware support in Horizon 3 has received a lot of criticism for not supporting stuff that nearly every single PC sim racing title supports. I remember reading that the Horizon developers have hinted that there will be better hardware support in a later patch, so it remains to be seen what exact changes will be made, and what that means for FM7.

Inside Sim Racing reports that Dan Greenawalt told them that FM7 will be supporting as many wheels as they could get their hands on "from all the way back".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqUCwSmUHJA&t=92s

We'll see how that actually plays out, but obviously there's no technical reason why every single wheel on the planet couldn't at least be supported in a generic fashion.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

wolrah posted:

We'll see how that actually plays out, but obviously there's no technical reason why every single wheel on the planet couldn't at least be supported in a generic fashion.

How'd wheel support in FH3 shake out? PC having to be a UWP app makes it non-trivial, don't those only support XInput devices and M/KB?

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Now that Forza 7 will have trucks, the next logical step is for Turn 10 to buy SCS Software and make Forza Horizon: Euro Truck Edition.

And maybe also add city busses and do a Forza: OMSI Edition with express city bus routes.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

sleepwalkers posted:

How'd wheel support in FH3 shake out? PC having to be a UWP app makes it non-trivial, don't those only support XInput devices and M/KB?

In FH3 and FM6:A the wheel support was pretty sporadic. The Logitech g27 and g920 work 100%, I think most of the fanatecs from the xbox360 era onward work fine, and thrustmaster wheels and pedals work but shifters aren't recognized because up until very recently UWP games could only take input from one USB device at a time. That's fine for Logitech and fanatec stuff because most of the time the shifters and pedals plug directly into the wheel base but with thrustmaster the shifter is a separate USB device (on pcs). This also kept people from being able to mix and match fanatec pedals with a Logitech wheel, etc...

UWP was recently updated with the ability to take input from multiple USB sources but FH3 and FM6:A have not yet been updated to take advantage of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sebastian Flyte posted:

Now that Forza 7 will have trucks, the next logical step is for Turn 10 to buy SCS Software and make Forza Horizon: Euro Truck Edition.

And maybe also add city busses and do a Forza: OMSI Edition with express city bus routes.

i would play the gently caress outta both of these.

also i still want fh4 to be a game like the crew except not poo poo. give us a giant map that takes hours to go across so i can do long roadtrips online with people.

• Locked thread