Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Is Cliff Curtis' character really dead or are they loving with us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Dead. Confirmed by one of the producers on Hardwick's aftershow.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't understand why they couldn't just handcuff the deathly ill Latina girl

Also did they explain why they don't kill women (except all the women in the shower room)

Were all the women getting killed not-white?

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I found some fanart on reddit

"Rark Grames"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't understand why they couldn't just handcuff the deathly ill Latina girl

Also did they explain why they don't kill women (except all the women in the shower room)

Were all the women getting killed not-white?

Nothing about them made any sense.

They were military! Wait, they weren't military! Wait, everyone knows how they're mass murdering people for SCIENCE! Wait, nobody knows how they're mass murdering people for SCIENCE! Wait, it's only one of them that's evil, the others stop him from being evil when they're around! Look, he's saving them and not being evil! But wait, he threatens to gun down a woman in front of their leader and nobody says anything! But wait, because Nick pointed a gun at the evil guy, now everyone's welcome because Not Evil (TM)! But wait...

FUuuuuuuuUuuuCK

They want us to believe that the entire group was cool with throwing brown people into a zombie pit to deathmatch them with a rock but also that they might be on the level and it was all just one dude. It makes.. no loving.. sense.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Blazing Ownager posted:

Nothing about them made any sense.

They were military! Wait, they weren't military! Wait, everyone knows how they're mass murdering people for SCIENCE! Wait, nobody knows how they're mass murdering people for SCIENCE! Wait, it's only one of them that's evil, the others stop him from being evil when they're around! Look, he's saving them and not being evil! But wait, he threatens to gun down a woman in front of their leader and nobody says anything! But wait, because Nick pointed a gun at the evil guy, now everyone's welcome because Not Evil (TM)! But wait...

FUuuuuuuuUuuuCK

They want us to believe that the entire group was cool with throwing brown people into a zombie pit to deathmatch them with a rock but also that they might be on the level and it was all just one dude. It makes.. no loving.. sense.

Are you okay?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They need to hurry up and get to the Ted Nugget compound.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mlnhd posted:

I found some fanart on reddit

"Rark Grames"

The silhouette is decent atleast

RedSpider posted:

Are you okay?

This show does things to people

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
So long term how feasible is it to feed a 100 or so people in the Californian(?) desert with cattle?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Bates posted:

So long term how feasible is it to feed a 100 or so people in the Californian(?) desert with cattle?

Depends on whether they have refrigeration and how much beef they eat. Probably not very sustainable to eat the amount of beef people are accustomed to eating pre-apocalypse.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Finally got around to watching the new Fear episode and a buddy of mine showed up in the last ten minutes of the show as the resident doctor of Rancho Republico.

Can't wait to see him either brutally eaten by zombies or brutally murdered by Kim Dickens.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

ruddiger posted:

Finally got around to watching the new Fear episode and a buddy of mine showed up in the last ten minutes of the show as the resident doctor of Rancho Republico.

Can't wait to see him either brutally eaten by zombies or brutally murdered by Kim Dickens.

TBH part of the appeal of this show to me (aside from not taking place in Alexandria) is that they cast tons of actors I actually recognize and I can make silly dumb references to whatever show or movie I saw them in.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Gonna find out whats at the dam and the ranch tonight hopefully. There's one thing this show does right is quickly move on.

theloosecannon
Sep 13, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

So when is the thread going to get renamed to "The Walking Thread: Fear doesn't deserve it's own thread?"

It has one ? But it's all but abandoned.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3737195&perpage=40

theloosecannon fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 12, 2017

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

That opening reminded me of Jericho for some reason.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I was unreasonably satisfied with that intro :allears:

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i want a survival bucket

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Bong Ripz 4 Jesus

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

the talent deficit posted:

i want a survival bucket

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=survival+bucket

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ah I want to record my family being dysfunctional too. Someone killed his wife.

A returning character.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 12, 2017

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
So uh...who's Geoff? Did they ever talk about this guy before presenting his head? I mean...did I miss something?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't like this tension.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I liked how she just burst out laughing at the head in a cage, probably the most relatable, human reaction to something I've ever seen in any walking dead product.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Smoking out of PVC is no bueno there's gotta be better materials on a survival farm

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Smoking out of PVC is no bueno there's gotta be better materials on a survival farm

gently caress that, inhale all the chemicals to make you forget you're in the worst family on the worst show

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I can more easily suspend my disbelief about the dead rising than I can about 20 families of preppers existing peacefully for any length of time. Those people are powder kegs of damaged personalities and bad decision making.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

JossiRossi posted:

I can more easily suspend my disbelief about the dead rising than I can about 20 families of preppers existing peacefully for any length of time. Those people are powder kegs of damaged personalities and bad decision making.

To be fair we're already starting to see that from them

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I stopped watching Fear the Walking Dead because I only watched it to watch it with my parents, and they stopped watching it because of hockey season then forgot about it

I'd think if there were preppers of varied political stripes, rather than alike extremists, they wouldn't get along because they wouldn't be able to stop blaming each other's politics for why the world ended, but based on the season promotional synopsis I'm guessing the ones in the show are only the racist kind

I'll show myself out now

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 13, 2017

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

JossiRossi posted:

True, but at least they aren't "wingnuts" like the guys who shot at the helicopter! :v:

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
I have to ask...who the heck WAS Geoff? Why was the daughter asking about him? I don't remember his name ever coming up before she entered that "Bible study".

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm excited for more el salvidad

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Astroman posted:

True, but at least they aren't "wingnuts" like the guys who shot at the helicopter! :v:

Are the writers trying to portray #notallpreppers ?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Cactus posted:

Are the writers trying to portray #notallpreppers ?

I hope the preppers are the good guys, and our insane rear end in a top hat family protags are going to do things like turn the crazy son against his own family.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

To be fair, the parent show never really did address the fact that crazy preppers would have been very well off during the beginning of the apocalypse at least, if not small kings after a few years.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

spudsbuckley posted:

What a surprise, the first new episode has Madison and Da Crew arrive at yet another secure encampment and completely gently caress it up so that it is overrun within a couple of hours of them showing up.

Is this just a meme thing or does this actually happen constantly on this show?

I watched the first few episodes of FTWD but stopped as it wasn't very good but if they do genuinely just comedy-of-errors-and-bad-judgement wipe out every place they touch I might have to give it a go.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's been at least four places they've done it with where they didn't really gain anything at all after being retards

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Came to talk cool poo poo about Fear, realised it's the dumbfuckistan thread. Bummer ensued.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I'm on episode two, so count down to Strand (the best character who somehow is a magic doctor) being exiled into the main plot.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I thought in that episode he says that he's winging it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I thought in that episode he says that he's winging it?

I suppose, but someone outside the gate goes "I KNOW YOU HAVE A DOCTOR" but that could just be a rumor because some American is digging around people pulling out bullets (which is actually the worst thing you can do to my knowledge) so I'll accept it.

There are too many dumb things in this show for that to be what bothers me.

EDIT: Though this show has gained a lot of points with me for the "Everything Sucks in Mexico" episode with the cactus vomit and the wild dog attack.

Old Doggy Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 13, 2017