Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/ashly_burch/status/874344938627977216

RIP After Life Is Strange 2 : The Legend of Max's Gold.
i'm sure this is affecting quite a few games and we won't know the severity until the games near completion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

Has anyone here played Lego Dimensions, and if so, what is it like?

Just like all the other Lego games, with some episodes (Portal 2, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, etc) being among the best they've done.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Snak posted:

Is Thermidor like, a blutooth enabled humidor?

No, it's a JRPG based on the manga series called "The Sandman". I wonder if they will be doing "Ramadan", "Three Septembers and a January" or "August" arcs next, those were all very good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, that cat must be a giant.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Foglet posted:

Thermidor now seems to have a demo version available.
:thermidor:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

precision posted:

Just like all the other Lego games, with some episodes (Portal 2, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, etc) being among the best they've done.

That settles that for me then! :D Going to get the heck out of it!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Foglet posted:

No, it's a JRPG based on the manga series called "The Sandman". I wonder if they will be doing "Ramadan", "Three Septembers and a January" or "August" arcs next, those were all very good.

I wouldn't call it a manga, Neil Gaiman is English and the series was drawn for DC by western artists.

The original source of the word "thermidor" is the new enlightened calendar that France was briefly forced to use during the Revolution.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm surprised not to see a Four Job Fiesta thread posted on the first couple pages of Games when it starts in five days

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone played The Bunker? I'm finding the idea of a modern FMV game amusing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Has anyone played The Bunker? I'm finding the idea of a modern FMV game amusing.

It's okay. It's really short and there's not much to it. It's not terrible but I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it.

The PS4 version is also an easy plat.

Now if you want an awesome modern FMV game, check out Stay Dead. That poo poo rules.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

I watched the beginning and there is a scene where a guy is eating a can of beans while sitting on a toilet.

FMV games are coming back! Contradiction, Late Shift, Doctor Dekker...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I remember people mentioning this series earlier, LoCoRoCo 2 is getting a remaster on the PS4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I watched the beginning and there is a scene where a guy is eating a can of beans while sitting on a toilet.

Sold!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm sure this is affecting quite a few games and we won't know the severity until the games near completion

Yeah, in retrospect I was kind of worried this might happen. Most of Life is Strange's cast consisted of people who were getting into voice acting for the first time, Burch was one of the few exceptions (Daniel Bounjour(Frank) had a role in The Walking Dead and Hannah Telle (Max) is a singer but I'm not sure about the rest). Still sucks though.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm surprised not to see a Four Job Fiesta thread posted on the first couple pages of Games when it starts in five days

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820741

It's in the lull between registration opening and The Run starting, and the front page is probably getting flooded with E3 stuff.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Please be advised that as of 12:01 a.m. PT on Friday, Oct. 21, SAG-AFTRA is on strike against the following video game employers with regard to all games that went into production after Feb. 17, 2015: ​
Activision Publishing, Inc.
Blindlight, LLC
Corps of Discovery Films
Disney Character Voices, Inc.
Electronic Arts Productions, Inc.
Formosa Interactive, LLC
Insomniac Games, Inc.
Interactive Associates, Inc.
Take 2 Interactive Software
VoiceWorks Productions, Inc.
WB Games, Inc.

These companies appear to be having absolutely zero problems finding voice actors, though, so...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/ashly_burch/status/874344938627977216

RIP After Life Is Strange 2 : The Legend of Max's Gold.

This is super disappointing :( Admittedly I couldn't tell a huge difference in the trailer when she spoke but I'm sure the full game it'll be pretty noticeable. She's got a distinct enough voice. If the game is good in general I'll still play it but yeah my interest dropped a lot when I saw this.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Grapplejack posted:

Please be advised that as of 12:01 a.m. PT on Friday, Oct. 21, SAG-AFTRA is on strike against the following video game employers with regard to all games that went into production after Feb. 17, 2015: ​
Activision Publishing, Inc.
Blindlight, LLC
Corps of Discovery Films
Disney Character Voices, Inc.
Electronic Arts Productions, Inc.
Formosa Interactive, LLC
Insomniac Games, Inc.
Interactive Associates, Inc.
Take 2 Interactive Software
VoiceWorks Productions, Inc.
WB Games, Inc.

These companies appear to be having absolutely zero problems finding voice actors, though, so...

I'm guessing that Activision doesn't include Blizzard since I know all the Overwatch VAs have been gainfully employed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

I'm guessing that Activision doesn't include Blizzard since I know all the Overwatch VAs have been gainfully employed.

Yes, the rest of the strike notification mentions specific companies that have made side agreements with the union and Blizzard is one of them

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

For those of you who don't follow Overwatch, the voice cast are all huge loving nerds and put out videos of themselves hanging out + doing dumb in-character stuff all the time. It's seriously cringe, yet also kind of awesome at the same time.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well Metroid Prime 4 is coming though they literally had zero footage but still :supaburn:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am OK with another Metroid Prime, yes. Yeah.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Here's a list of the games affected by the strike, from their website. It's not day-to-day up to date but it does give the general idea.

edit: And here's a list of games from the struck publishers that they are not striking against. Because I dunno why not only go halfsies I guess.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's a shame that Injustice 2 is up there, they have a bunch of new fighters about to be released and they won't be able to have character-specific callouts or updated voice lines.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god Mario Odyssey looks insane

Edit: and that was it. This might be the least eventful E3 I can remember.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

glam rock hamhock posted:

Somehow the Mario-Rabbids-XCOM game looks more normal.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Somehow the Mario-Rabbids-XCOM game looks more normal.

Like they somehow combined 3D Mario with Messiah. Holy poo poo I want that game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nintendo.... 「 Leave Luck to Heaven」 !!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Finally a follow-up to Space Station Silicon Valley

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Edit: and that was it. This might be the least eventful E3 I can remember.

agreed, kinda feels like we're at a lull when not a lot is happening and we're going to be seeing sequels, sequels, sequels for a minute before something shakes up industry standards a bit

In one way cool because I already have access to a ton of crazy good games that I haven't even touched and between PC, PS4, and 3DS, there is just too much great content to wade through

Everything felt extremely predictable and uninteresting? I'll still play a lot of these games that will come out, and my interest in a switch continues to (very) slowly increase but I'm not really excited about anything gaming, not anymore than I was before watching the E3 stuff...also where was from soft?!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Holy poo poo Mario Odyssey looks loving wild.

I am so pumped for MP4 guys even though it was just a title-only teaser and the Prime series is kind of self-contained already. Any idea who's developing it?

tap my mountain posted:

Finally a follow-up to Space Station Silicon Valley

lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mak0rz posted:

Holy poo poo Mario Odyssey looks loving wild.

I am become bullet bill

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

*lovingly caresses Super Mario Odyssey footage, then turns to camera* Moai~

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Oh my god are they seriously loving releasing a Metroid 2 remake for the 3DS? Jesus Christ.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Oh my god are they seriously loving releasing a Metroid 2 remake for the 3DS? Jesus Christ.

nintendo gonna nintendo

e:

Policenaut posted:

It's being made by MercurySteam, the fuckers who killed Castlevania.

They're here to finish the job.

:laugh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 13, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The absolute MADMEN

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Mak0rz posted:

Holy loving poo poo balls. Diarrhea dump

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Mak0rz posted:

everyone before you get excited please keep this in mind

it comes courtesy of the fuckers who made that awful 2.5d CV game on 3DS

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

KingSlime posted:

everyone before you get excited please keep this in mind

it comes courtesy of the fuckers who made that awful 2.5d CV game on 3DS

It already looks pretty mediocre to be honest.

also "melee counter" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lizard Wizard posted:

*lovingly caresses Super Mario Odyssey footage, then turns to camera* Moai~

Lol

• Locked thread