Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Looking forward to Animal Crossing: Let's Clear Out Old Amiibo Stock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I've learned to not expect anything from Nintendo and hope to be surprised. As such, I expect Mario to be shown and be amazing. Other than that, if they don't find a way to digitally kick me in the nuts that is about as good as I can ask for.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Are you ready for announcements?! I am! Here's Champion Jockey Special for Switch! Japanese horse racing!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

LOL I just saw that in Rabbids Luigi's death stare is an actual offensive move

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ43gTz7SnU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Just give me a surprise "it's out today!" something, anything, Nintendo. It can be Yoshi for the NES, I'll still take it, so long as it's out today.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

zenintrude posted:

Looking forward to Animal Crossing: Let's Clear Out Old Amiibo Stock!

Those things are great. I've got almost the whole set. Why? Cause they're $3 and my kid loves them that's why. He doesn't know the characters but he knows they are Amiibo just like daddy has.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Policenaut posted:

Are you ready for announcements?! I am! Here's Champion Jockey Special for Switch! Japanese horse racing!
I thought this was some sort of Switch port or sequel of Horse Solitaire and now I'm really sad and disappointed. :(

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Peach by the end of Mario x Rabbids

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

irlZaphod posted:

I thought this was some sort of Switch port or sequel of Horse Solitaire and now I'm really sad and disappointed. :(

Yeah that had me for a second. Has Been Heroes kind of reminds of PCJ in a way.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FYI, not going to be anything new.

https://twitter.com/trintran/status/874635297639645184

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Nintendo has done pretty much everything they reasonably can to manage expectations, short of detailing the entire Spotlight lineup in advance. If you still expect a ton of new announcements and end up disappointed, that's on you.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Metroid confirmed for Holiday 2017?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just hope there's at least ONE big new announcement

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

Nintendo has done pretty much everything they reasonably can to manage expectations, short of detailing the entire Spotlight lineup in advance. If you still expect a ton of new announcements and end up disappointed, that's on you.

Smash confirmed for the Holidays :frogc00l:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo will launch the gaming singularity, a game cart so dense it warps time. All past, present, and future games will exist at the same time as it compresses the space time continuum around itself

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jivjov posted:

I just hope there's at least ONE big new announcement

Yes please

A completely nuts out of left field announcement would be cool

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nintendo will launch the gaming singularity, a game cart so dense it warps time. All past, present, and future games will exist at the same time as it compresses the space time continuum around itself

No, that's Devolver, not Nintendo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Startropics 3

Zoda stole the tetrads and the puyos

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
They'll do that thing where they spend almost the whole event talking about stuff we already know about and then at the very end they'll say "oh, and there's one more thing we want to show you..." and then show a brief teaser of something new

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That, except there won't be a one more thing. It's just going to be more details on things we already know about. Good details and it will be interesting, but that's all it will be.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HD Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars remake

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So I take it we are minutes away from this thread closing?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Coming this holiday season: ten random virtual console games with only three new games released per month that no one cares about.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No, videogames is leaving it open, he said it's fine to live post.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Infinitum posted:

This would make me extremely horny.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Infinitum posted:

They don't even need to do this. Just put the original on virtual console...and have their be a virtual console.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

They don't even need to do this. Just put the original on virtual console...and have their be a virtual console.

Yeah I leave for vacation Friday and would love to get a few VC titles to bring along to break up loving around in MK8 and BOTW.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
E3 info wishlist:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Octopath Traveler
Mana Collection US release :pray:
DQH 1&2 US release
DQXI Switch version
Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Star
Stardew Valley

Virtual Console
NES/SNES classic game bundles for VC

Also going to make the easy call and say that Mario x Rabbids will have more playable characters than we've seen, IE: Bowser and Rabbid Bowser.

surf rock posted:

In the interest of stopping my annual E3 tradition of trying and failing to remember what games I would love to see, I sat down and wrote out the full list this morning. I think the only one of these I'll see in the next decade is another console Fire Emblem in the vein of Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. Lot of pipe dreams here.

Nintendo

Xenosaga sequel or remaster

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is happening and Xenoblade Chronicles was hands down better than any prior Xeno game.

(shame about XCX being a bit of a jumbled mess but I give them props for what they were trying to do)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If they are spotlighting only holiday games that means not ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario XCOM, which leaves...Fire Emblem Warriors And Super Mario Odyssey? Expect a slew of release dates

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

There are still a ton of games from that Nindie's presentation without release dates that should fall in "holiday".

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hoping we do see XC2. Rumors have been split on delayed to 2018 or still on for this year

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Hoping we do see XC2. Rumors have been split on delayed to 2018 or still on for this year

Oh it's absolutely an early 2018 game, no way in poo poo it makes it to the US this year

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want a shitload of Wii U ports. XCX, Bayo2, W101, Pikmin 3, gently caress you I want Mario Maker, announce it all and take my money Reggie :allears:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I would be totally fine with a Mario Maker Deluxe that only adds slopes

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is happening and Xenoblade Chronicles was hands down better than any prior Xeno game.

(shame about XCX being a bit of a jumbled mess but I give them props for what they were trying to do)

Eh, I specifically want more time in the Xenosaga universe and those gameplay mechanics. The story for those games was loving nuts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

We're almost certainly going to, they had what looked to be in-game footage in the Direct where they revealed it.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I want a shitload of Wii U ports. XCX, Bayo2, W101, Pikmin 3, gently caress you I want Mario Maker, announce it all and take my money Reggie :allears:

I would not be at all surprised to see more WiiU ports. Super Mario Maker's pretty much guaranteed at some point, but XCX is probably off the table for the time being with Monolith Soft busy working on Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cat Machine posted:

I would be totally fine with a Mario Maker Deluxe that only adds slopes

Don't get your slopes up!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I think Reggie said there would be some additional announcements in the first hour or so of Treehouse, though of course I don't expect any megatons

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Mario Maker Switch - no flat surfaces allowed, only slopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

http://gizmodo.com/this-tiny-dock-finally-makes-the-nintendo-switch-truly-1795960414

Nyko dock for $45. Very small

• Locked thread