Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKN4qilUOfs

Watch the professor studying this and you tell me. Here's a video of the program of their findings so far.

Why do you idiots believe these professors and not the hundreds telling you about climate change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Right off the bat he says "No, the official explanation makes no sense"

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Sorry, can't trust him. He's part of the "establishment"

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

And yet people keep saying it.

Where? What I read is that Russia used twitterbots and hacked voting systems, which is proven

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Why do you idiots believe these professors and not the hundreds telling you about climate change?

There's a lot of money at stake for climate change which skews results. It's politicized

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Where? What I read is that Russia used twitterbots and hacked voting systems, which is proven

Yeah but Alex Jones didn't say that

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There's a lot of money at stake for climate change which skews results. It's politicized

Yes, whereas conspiracy theory has no money in it.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/alex-jones-net-worth/

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The Emir struck your decadent towers of excess, waste, and capitalism and you still argue to this day whether it was the Jews, the U.S government, or lizard people. TRuly he, and bernie, would ahve won

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Who said Russia hacked voting systems?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Nothing political about 9/11 no sir

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So, like the Russia thing, let's wait until the whole investigation is done and then look at his findings, instead of saying "see? he's investigating it therefor this is what REALLY happened!"

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

So, like the Russia thing, let's wait until the whole investigation is done and then look at his findings, instead of saying "see? he's investigating it therefor this is what REALLY happened!"

I don't think logical consistency is Spunky's thing

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-13/russian-breach-of-39-states-threatens-future-u-s-elections

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Toadvine posted:

bloomberg article this morning https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-13/russian-breach-of-39-states-threatens-future-u-s-elections efb

apropos of nothing but still true:

VikingSkull posted:

Bernie would have won

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

This is an independent investigation to correct the official investigation which was already done

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It's cool that Spunky somehow manages to not be the most credulous person in this thread

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This only matters if they changed votes, which they did not.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This is an independent investigation to correct the official investigation which was already done

and that invalidates my point how exactly

the results of the independent investigation aren't released yet, so drawing any conclusion from any of it is irrelevant

perhaps the dude will have some mind blowing revelation, but we don't know that yet

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Nah, it clearly shows intent to meddle which is important context to the rest of the investigation

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wrong

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SickZip posted:

It's cool that Spunky somehow manages to not be the most credulous person in this thread

I fail to see how believing cyberwar is real is being credulous.

You won't see me (nor the article linked) claiming they changed vote results though. I can totally believe Americans voted for Trump.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Which is why I asked Spunky to show me examples of people claiming Russians rigged the election results. That's not what I read.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when they released a list of IPs they associated with Russian Intelligence and 40% were TOR nodes? lol

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Nah, it clearly shows intent to meddle which is important context to the rest of the investigation

No doubt, hence the investigations, and rightly so.

But what does that have to do with Trump? The left is using this as the basis to imply that the election results were literally changed by Russia, and that Trump helped them do it. This is the part nobody believes, because there's no evidence.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Which is why I asked Spunky to show me examples of people claiming Russians rigged the election results. That's not what I read.

Then what did Russia do and how is Trump connected to it

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Is this still the NSA leak being used as a source?

quote:

The new details, buttressed by a classified National Security Agency document recently disclosed by the Intercept
Yup, cool, no further questions I take this at face value

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

No doubt, hence the investigations, and rightly so.

But what does that have to do with Trump? The left is using this as the basis to imply that the election results were literally changed by Russia, and that Trump helped them do it. This is the part nobody believes, because there's no evidence.

No they're not. They're being used as a basis to investigate the connections between the Trump campaign and Russia, which were already sketchy even before Election Day.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You tell me. I never claimed Russia rigged the elections. Nor did I read something like that.

All I've seen is the story about the piss tape, Trump and his family getting loans from Russians, and Trump and people from his cabinet having business ties with Russians. Not that I care (besides the piss tape. I care about that story because it's funny)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Too direct a question for the nebulous talking points which simultaneously have to deny the Wikileaks happened (or imply they are fake news) and link Russia to Trump with a fake piss video.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

No they're not. They're being used as a basis to investigate the connections between the Trump campaign and Russia, which were already sketchy even before Election Day.

What did Russia do and how was Trump connected to it

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Is it suppose to be strange that a Presidential candidate for the United States of America begin communicating with major world superpowers?

It would not surprise me if Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and Ted Cruz all had "connections" to Russia.

I can "link" Trump to any major world power, it's neither proof of a collusion campaign, nor cause to investigate.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I fail to see how believing cyberwar is real is being credulous.

You won't see me (nor the article linked) claiming they changed vote results though. I can totally believe Americans voted for Trump.

You're literally believing Intelligence Agency press releases. The evidence linking Russia to any specific acts is paper thin, any time they get the slightest bit specific it's always an embarrassment

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Somehow it would be less funny if it was the Russians getting Trump elected. Sorry Spunky, it's really Americans who voted for Donald Jabulon Trump

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
What is Hillary's status? Fine?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Sorry I don't talk to literal retards, I'm not equipped to deal with them

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Is it suppose to be strange that a Presidential candidate for the United States of America begin communicating with major world superpowers?

It would not surprise me if Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, and Ted Cruz all had "connections" to Russia.

I can "link" Trump to any major world power, it's neither proof of a collusion campaign, nor cause to investigate.

It's mildly unusual, but there are protocols for such incidents such as filing paperwork revealing said contacts.

Too bad that wasn't done. Not suspicious at all!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

You have no idea that's why

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You have no idea that's why

Ask your caretaker to help you Google Michael Flynn for a start

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

SickZip posted:

You're literally believing Intelligence Agency press releases. The evidence linking Russia to any specific acts is paper thin, any time they get the slightest bit specific it's always an embarrassment

Why do you want to protect Putin's image so bad?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Ask your caretaker to help you Google Michael Flynn for a start

Lay out the theory of Russia and Trump as you understand it

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lay out the theory of Russia and Trump as you understand it

Nah I'm good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

It's mildly unusual, but there are protocols for such incidents such as filing paperwork revealing said contacts.

Too bad that wasn't done. Not suspicious at all!

I'd classify it as "highly usual" to have such contacts, and "completely expected" if Trump blew off protocol and paperwork. In fact, that's why people like him.

• Locked thread