Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I have....13? dupes.

Never not pull on luck draws tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't know what I hate more about the A+ fight: that the challenge is entirely based on how much the RNG hates you, or that the music is long stretches of complete silence punctuated by a few seconds of trumpet.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I stupidly dropped my phone in a pool so it's now in a bag of rice on life support. I did link my account beforehand so I'm not worried about data loss but I don't think I'll be able to get a new phone for a month. How would one go about accessing it daily to get my mythril, do draws, and maybe even play? I've heard of people using emulators but I don't know how to do that.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Half price chance at Squall BSB2 is basically impossible to pass up.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Half price chance at Squall BSB2 is basically impossible to pass up.

Yeah. I have 11 dupes out of 35 relics, of which about 10 I'd be really happy seeing.

For 25 myth and worst case being more synergy? Pull. Always pull luckies.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

bilperkins2 posted:

I stupidly dropped my phone in a pool so it's now in a bag of rice on life support. I did link my account beforehand so I'm not worried about data loss but I don't think I'll be able to get a new phone for a month. How would one go about accessing it daily to get my mythril, do draws, and maybe even play? I've heard of people using emulators but I don't know how to do that.

Find an emulator and download it, it's actually pretty simple. I used to use Nox but it kind of stopped working for me and, as pointed out by someone else, info-sec adjacent people recently noted it does a lot phoning home to servers in China so likely best to stay clear just to be safe. I'm using Memu right now and it seems to work well enough.

Just pick one, download it, log into your account, download game and do any account recovery necessary and you're set.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Right, I use the BlueStacks emulator, though it's probably not the best one. Once you download it and run it, it acts as though it's a new android phone or tablet that you are starting for the first time. So you just log in with your existing account information and download FFRK from GPlay, and you should be able to use FFRK as you normally would on a phone.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just beat the normal A+. You really need two healers for it if you don't have a pblink, and Last Stand is pretty important to mitigate the RNG bullshit. You also need to make sure you have enough DPS to meet the mastery requirements. Fortunately he doesn't use his ultimate at all in the first phase, so you can safely sit and build up SB before he drops to 70%. My dps consisted entirely of Lightning spamming SBs and Orlandeau RW.

The key for me was remembering that Ramza's BSB has a party 100% def buff.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Just solo'd mastered Apocalypse Adamanchilde. I world not reccomend unless you have at least an hour to kill.

I used a more or less ad hoc team of Sera for ice DPS. OK for breaks and BSB. Milli for her last stand SSB. Eiko for USB. Yshotla for her BSB.

The trick for me was RWing a redundant Eiko USB and having it in reserve for the two Ultimate Bays which freed up Eiko and Yshtola to proshellga right after while someone else popped the RW.

I feel like this is as close to a real gear check in FFRK as I've come across. Much like Nemesis you really need combination of excellent healing BSB, instant medica and at least two Last Stands.

Even then the end came down to me having a final Eiko USB charged by a sliver or it would've been a full wipe, and also an Ultimate Earthquake not confusing anyone at the end. That plus the Ultimate Stomp that interrupts you makes this a real mean fight.

I still think Belias is more bullshit RNG.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 13, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

my favorite part of multiplayer is watching the boss take two turns in the time it takes for an instant cast ability to go off.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm convinced that ticking effects like sap/regen royally gently caress up turns in multiplayer

Sat there 40 seconds after I hit my 'instant' Edge SSB and watching other people's bars fill, regen tick, and abilities go off is pretty bad

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

deployment tactics :arghfist:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
OK's burst still does bizarre turn desynch poo poo, at least to the person playing him.

I'm sure my companions in the last few MP fights have been very happy with me if it affects everyone!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
That's exactly why I attempted the solo mp run. Got way too tired of eating back to back AOEs before my ATB even moved. With solo you're eating an AOE a turn towards the end, but it's still a whole goddamned turn.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

gently caress this mp fight seriously. Why did it have to be vitality motes...

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Randabis posted:

gently caress this mp fight seriously. Why did it have to be vitality motes...

That's my biggest complaint about the MP. I really wish they'd reverse the rewards: Give majors and crystals for MP. Give mores for single player apoc

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's probably partly just to encourage people to do them. I'm not sure I'd bother doing hard multiplayer fights at all if it weren't for 4* motes.

I probably would if they'd fix the loving latency, desynch, and turn-order stuff going on with them, but some of that is probably really hard to get a handle on and fix without breaking something else in their relatively fast ATB system.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Yeah at this point it feels like we're playing loving FF3 DS with all the turn order poo poo going on etc.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Hogama posted:

The wonder and splendor of the Men of the Hour.

Hmm, 14/35 on this banner and I'm tired of chasing TG Cid OSB.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I'm no IT guy but I honestly think there's too many interactions for them to sort out the networking issues. At least for DENA. Much simpler fix is just playtesting the fight and if it's too hosed due to network issues turn off the instant cast buff for. MP bosses.

I feel that would organically smooth out the fights.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Thundercracker posted:

I'm no IT guy but I honestly think there's too many interactions for them to sort out the networking issues. At least for DENA. Much simpler fix is just playtesting the fight and if it's too hosed due to network issues turn off the instant cast buff for. MP bosses.

I feel that would organically smooth out the fights.

MP versions of bosses don't have instant cast. It's the single player version which has instant casts. MP is about 200 points of Speed higher than SP, plus MP is played at a forced Speed 3, and the boss doesn't have to deal with lag.

Note that the lower Speed plus instant cast on the SP versions of the bosses means it's absolutely critical to dispel Haste on SP whereas it's pretty much completely pointless in MP.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

got that stupid loving dinosaur down to 5%. it then uses ultimate earth shaker and confuses seven characters.

gently caress this lovely fight. gently caress this entire lovely event.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think this was the most difficult event in some time, maybe since I started playing. Top boss of the event was hard. Cid Mission was hard for me since my XIII stuff is lacking outside of Raines' BSB. No need to discuss the multiplayer! Glad this event is over with.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man, you know CMs have been rough lately when you're happy to see fuckin' Barthandelus again because it's a relatively straightforward fight.

Doesn't hurt that my XIII synergy is pretty great now.

edit: gah, forgot I still have to do A+ Proudclad, this is gonna blow.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zurai posted:

MP versions of bosses don't have instant cast. It's the single player version which has instant casts. MP is about 200 points of Speed higher than SP, plus MP is played at a forced Speed 3, and the boss doesn't have to deal with lag.

Note that the lower Speed plus instant cast on the SP versions of the bosses means it's absolutely critical to dispel Haste on SP whereas it's pretty much completely pointless in MP.

I think it's the opposite; at the very least, the AI thread has consistently stated that MP bosses have near instant casts and Solos have normal cast times.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah A+ Proudclad is no joke. I haven't tried my mage team yet though. The bits hosed up my poo poo in my physical attempt.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man, you know CMs have been rough lately when you're happy to see fuckin' Barthandelus again because it's a relatively straightforward fight.

Doesn't hurt that my XIII synergy is pretty great now.

edit: gah, forgot I still have to do A+ Proudclad, this is gonna blow.

I dunno if a jerk with a bunch of statuses, self-buffing, and multiple AoE dispels is "straightforward", but yeah.

Beat the Apoc+ yesterday with:
Vanille BSB (Orlandeau RM3)
Ramza Shout (Dr. Mog)
Mustadio BSB (Mako Might)
Kain BSB (some damage buff RM)
Cid Raines BSB (Ace Striker)

Wall RW

So no second healer, no last stand; do consider any SBs you have with +Def bonuses on them. Cid Raines did pretty good damage, sure, but it was the DEF buff on his SB that I think made the biggest difference.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think it's the opposite; at the very least, the AI thread has consistently stated that MP bosses have near instant casts and Solos have normal cast times.

I'm pretty sure Zurai is the one that writes those for JP side. Though I will admit I was under the same impression, that sometimes it was better to go solo because bosses did have cast time there.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
I think just replacing instant with 0.2 sec cast would alleviate it, because I've never had issues with fastcast in MP, just instants. But yeah, my phones kinda old and Android so I use emulation for MP.

The second the game chunks for a moment because it's loading MP turns into an absolute maelstrom of random turns, 10X speed animations and sprites randomly dying and getting back up

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

LornMarkus posted:

I'm pretty sure Zurai is the one that writes those for JP side. Though I will admit I was under the same impression, that sometimes it was better to go solo because bosses did have cast time there.
Zurai writes the JP fight guides but TFMurphy does the AI thread. And yeah it's instant cast + slower speed in multiplayer vs regular cast time + higher speed solo:

quote:

In MP, Adamanchelid has an almost instant cast time of 0.001 seconds for all non-instant abilities. In Solo, Adamanchelid has normal cast time for all non-instant abilities.

quote:

In MP, Omniscient has an almost instant cast time of 0.001 seconds for all non-instant abilities. In Solo, Omniscient has normal cast time for all non-instant abilities.

Apoc+ (Solo) - Weak: 525 SPD
Apoc+ (MP) - Weak: 450 SPD

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's really weird that the Man of the Hour draw has nothing for the Leading Man.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Damnit, I'm getting old. Sorry for the wrong info.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I think this lucky draw turned out pretty well for a change!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Is that lucky draw a JP only thing? Not seeing anything here.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ha, loving this power creep. Finally bothered to take on the Meltdown boss again since I was bored, and managed mastery without even getting a lightning weak stage. Just getting water was enough, and didn't lose any medals elsewhere.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is that lucky draw a JP only thing? Not seeing anything here.

Nope, the mined announcement said it was supposed to launch at the normal event switch-over time, but apparently the announcement got removed from the servers at some undisclosed time in the last 24 hours and so no lucky draw!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Well I guess they are probably just saving me from myself on this one but still, wanted another shot at Squall's BSB2.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Ok A+ Proud Clad wasn't too bad after reading up a little and actually preparing. I leveled up Laguna (BSB) to 80 and used him to imperil the poo poo out of Clad. Kain (BSB) did consistent big damage after that with lightning drive. Ramza was MVP though. I wrathed up three bars and basically stacked shout, history's truth and most importantly, his BSB, which gave enough defense on top of everything else. Went two healers with Vanille and Y'shtola.

I RWed lightning USB on Laguna to have two sources of DPS. Took only one try.

Gonna try the jump start tomorrow after I get my stamina back.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Theyll probably save it for Fathers Day or something

I dont think we've ever been denied a banner they made for Global

Im at 7/35 so as low on myth as I am Im gonna have to pull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

It's really weird that the Man of the Hour draw has nothing for the Leading Man.

the game continually owns the best final fantasy boy

• Locked thread