Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

trump blocking everyone on twitter

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/874599756143755264

hes the loving president

jfc why doesn't twitter try doing something about this poo poo.

Twitter needs to burn.

edit : Dog tax.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
AHCA has some Senate Dem support apparently, so I guess my horrible prediction it'd pass unaltered is true. God, I hate being right all the time how awful this admin is.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

theflyingorc posted:

This is one of the only things he could do that could give the Democrats a serious chance at the senate

I already got probated for low effort posting in this thread, so I'll resist the urge to just post "lol."

I don't think this is a likely outcome.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

Health Care passing gives them a chance at the Senate.

I would agree with you if it weren't being a slow rollout, but it is.

I'd also agree with you if the senate map was the 2016 map, but the seats that are up are just terrible.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Covok posted:

AHCA has some Senate Dem support apparently, so I guess my horrible prediction it'd pass unaltered is true. God, I hate being right all the time how awful this admin is.

That sounds false.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Looks like Senate Dems are out in front of this media access issue:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874662956998512646

Good.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Covok posted:

The post about those yes votes wasn't about democrats, it was about wavering Rs.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sinteres posted:

That sounds false.

I think he got confused by that tweet saying that Dem staffers were saying 3 GOP senators were on board.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Covok posted:

Really, which Senate Dems are supporting AHCA?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

jfc why doesn't twitter try doing something about this poo poo.

Twitter needs to burn.

Also they should really figure out some criteria by which to identify and purge fake accounts, if only to like halve Trump's followers and piss him off.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Covok posted:

Stop Covoking.

Taiko
Jul 13, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

I think he got confused by that tweet saying that Dem staffers were saying 3 GOP senators were on board.

People Game Theory-ing about the Senate without knowing who the Senators are is one of the most exhausting things in our current politics.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Covok posted:

i need you to take your brain

along with all of its contents

and shove it directly up your own butt hole

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
"Generous, kind, with heart" - DT describing the health plan just now

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Spiritus Nox posted:

Huh. I must've misread it too. It's almost like 140 characters is actually pretty limiting.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fart City posted:

I've usually seen it tallied around 35-40% of the population, but there's been a lot of thinkpieces published over the past couple of weeks that indicate it might be slipping to mid-twenties in most polls conducted (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-base-is-shrinking/).

It's still a fairly large population who seem to be comfortable laying on the train tracks, though.
I think it depends on what you mean by "base". If we're talking about the set of diehards who will never, ever abandon him and will support him no matter what, I think you're talking about 20-25% of the general populace. I heard it said, I think on 538, that Nixon's approval ratings on the verge of his resignation were estimated at around 25%, and based on what I'm seeing, it feels like 20-25% represents an absolute floor for Trump.

If we're talking about what percentage of people would hold their nose and vote for him if the election were held tomorrow, I think that number is probably 30-35% of the electorate.

The implication of those numbers being that he's lost about 10% of his voters already, and that he probably has room to lose another 5-10% or so, but that 5-10% are the core Republican base, and if they stay home (cause they ain't votin' Dem), you'd be looking at some truly crazy election results.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Covok posted:

you're right, the fact that literally the worst thing ever has a nonzero possibility of happening makes you correct always

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

Really, which Senate Dems are supporting AHCA?

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/874386653544161280

Closest I've seen. They're not going withholding consent on the AHCA so they can get Sessions out in the public today along with more Russia sanctions; it would be a tactic that delays a vote only by a couple weeks (click through, there's a whole longer thread).

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/874398443023867904

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Covok posted:

You are incorrect.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

skylined! posted:

i need you to take your brain

along with all of its contents

and shove it directly up your own butt hole

Ok now what?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Night10194 posted:

The post about those yes votes wasn't about democrats, it was about wavering Rs.

Oh thank loving God! Phew. I was getting depressed there!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kekekela posted:

So very kind

Killing them with kindness

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't want to get in trouble, but why is Trump incapable of internalizing his wussiness? Why must he immediately let every thought he has in that semi-empty loving skull of his become a thing? Seriously, he's a loving wussy.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/874386653544161280

Closest I've seen. They're not going withholding consent on the AHCA so they can get Sessions out in the public today along with more Russia sanctions; it would be a tactic that delays a vote only by a couple weeks.

Sure, but that's vastly different than supporting the bill.

Also, I doubt withholding consent would delay AHCA by a day.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, that's what happened. Assumed it was big news because they were Dems.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kekekela posted:

He must mean he will generously and kindly give the hearts of those who die to the republicans who vote for the ahca so they can use them for their death cult rituals.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

Closest I've seen. They're not going withholding consent on the AHCA so they can get Sessions out in the public today along with more Russia sanctions; it would be a tactic that delays a vote only by a couple weeks (click through, there's a whole longer thread).

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/874398443023867904

It would not delay a vote at all, that's what the second tweet says. They're saying they would absolutely do it if it delayed the bill because that sort of delay is helpful, but it won't.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

So very kind

Killing them with kindness

There's gonna be so much kindness, you'll be sick and tired of all the kindness!

(literally)

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

re: the press being in senate hallways - do something

https://twitter.com/tonyjenson/status/874664535994413056

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wark Say posted:

I don't want to get in trouble, but why is Trump incapable of internalizing his wussiness? Why must he immediately let every thought he has in that semi-empty loving skull of his become a thing? Seriously, he's a loving wussy.

he has a personality disorder that profoundly cripples his ability to interact with other humans as well as accurately percieve himself. he is incapable of self reflection and probably lacks a coherent internal monologue. it's easy to forget this aspect of his character because it is highly unusual for a senior elected official in a democracy to be elected despite evident signs of mental illness but here we are

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Covok posted:

Yeah, that's what happened. Assumed it was big news because they were Dems.

now apologize to the thread for being smug about predicting armageddon you loving putz

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The Senate Democrats can't meaningfully delay the AHCA as in whenever it gets passed, it will go into effect for 2018. Why even give the illusion that the Democrats can kill or meaningfully impact this bill? This turd of a bill should be squarely at the feet of Republicans in Congress and Donald Trump. Let them take credit for something that has 17% support.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So basically Congress is going to give Trump the green light to unilaterally lift the Russia sanctions?

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

Covok posted:

Oh thank loving God! Phew. I was getting depressed there!

If you aren't already depressed by this shitshow you need some help.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Scrooge posted:

"If they would rather die ... they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FlamingLiberal posted:

So basically Congress is going to give Trump the green light to unilaterally lift the Russia sanctions?

Who knows anymore

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/874460502210084866

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

FlamingLiberal posted:

i thought it was literally the opposite of that

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

The opposite of that.

EFB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Covok posted:

People have already pointed out that you were wrong about the Dem support, but I'd also like to point out that you're also wrong about it being unaltered.

• Locked thread