Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
*bursts into thread, citing bad things that are happening*

*doesn't review evidence stating the opposite of the bad things happening*

*takes afternoon siesta, hoping to wake up literate once again*

skylined! fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

PhazonLink posted:

jfc why doesn't twitter try doing something about this poo poo.

Twitter needs to burn.
I'm trying to imagine the hilarity that would ensue if Twitter banned him.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

boner confessor posted:

he has a personality disorder that profoundly cripples his ability to interact with other humans as well as accurately percieve himself. he is incapable of self reflection and probably lacks a coherent internal monologue. it's easy to forget this aspect of his character because it is highly unusual for a senior elected official in a democracy to be elected despite evident signs of mental illness but here we are
Mental disorder / disease or not, he's still a wussy, though.

This means that they're actually removing power from Easy D himself as a damage control of sorts, isn't it?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm trying to imagine the hilarity that would ensue if Twitter banned him.

Trump is the greatest thing to ever happen to Twitter. They need him more than he needs to tweet.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ok never mind I misread that. That's a good thing.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

HappyHippo posted:

People have already pointed out that you were wrong about the Dem support, but I'd also like to point out that you're also wrong about it being unaltered.

The Senate is changing the bill, but the Senate can't change it too much from whats already there. If they lose the House Freedom Caucus, then the bill can't clear the House when it goes back for the re-vote.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Trabisnikof posted:

Trump is the greatest thing to ever happen to Twitter. They need him more than he needs to tweet.
Oh, I know they wouldn't, I just like to think about it the same way I like to think about winning the Powerball.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Lote posted:

The Senate Democrats can't meaningfully delay the AHCA as in whenever it gets passed, it will go into effect for 2018. Why even give the illusion that the Democrats can kill or meaningfully impact this bill? This turd of a bill should be squarely at the feet of Republicans in Congress and Donald Trump. Let them take credit for something that has 17% support.

If they can cause the delay between the time it's unveiled and the time it's voted on they should do it. The more public scrutiny it gets before the vote the more pressure on moderate Republicans. If that isn't possible I agree there isn't much point.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I really enjoy your twitter dump posts because I don't use twitter, but please don't jam the latest cute diminutive dehumanizing term in them.

Not interested in a big ol' derail where we all eat each other alive over perceived racism or pontificating on the History of Racism in Asia or explaining why it's fine to call North Koreans, but I realize this is a can of worms.

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 13, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Wark Say posted:

This means that they're actually removing power from Easy D himself as a damage control of sorts, isn't it?

this is how me, a english speaker person, is understanding this, yes

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Priapus Unbound posted:

I really enjoy your twitter dump posts because I don't use twitter, but please don't jam the latest cute diminutive racial term in them.

North Korean isn't a race. Nork isn't any more racist than someone calling us Yanks.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

This makes me angry because it's essentially an admission that the GOP knows what Trump is up to regarding Russia, and is just trying to handicap him from actually doing anything about it because they still want to keep him on as a rubber stamp for their policies. They know he's crooked, they know that he's trying to keep his end of some bargain, but they're too craven to put the country above party and stand up against it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I do find it funny that Trump still blocks people on Twitter. "Oh, now you won't have the privilege of reading my thoughts and commentaries."

Trump posts a typo and it is reported on by every major news agency for three days straight.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Sinteres posted:

North Korean isn't a race.

hmm yes that is actually what is at issue with the term, good job pedantry rules the day once more

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Nobody thinks North Koreans have any say in the way their government functions, and I've never heard anyone express hatred for them as a people. Contempt for North Korea has to do with their government, and isn't racist.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Trabisnikof posted:

He has less than half the followers of Obama, and only half of them are real.

Obama has nearly 5 times as many real followers as Trump does

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

skylined! posted:

now apologize to the thread for being smug about predicting armageddon you loving putz

Make me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Sinteres posted:

North Korean isn't a race.

Race isn't real. No racist term refers to a "real race". Norks is a lovely word and is the exact same thing as that GBS thread about china that had to get banned because someone learned the chinese word for farmer and turned it into a bespoke slur.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ReidRansom posted:

This makes me angry because it's essentially an admission that the GOP knows what Trump is up to regarding Russia, and is just trying to handicap him from actually doing anything about it because they still want to keep him on as a rubber stamp for their policies. They know he's crooked, they know that he's trying to keep his end of some bargain, but they're too craven to put the country above party and stand up against it.

It's not just that Trump is corrupt. It's also that our allies (reasonably) believe he is corrupt and are afraid he'll do something so we are visibly tying his hands. Republicans can pretend they're doing it for the second reason even though theres definitely no reason to believe he's corrupt and owned by russia guys!!!!!!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

lol

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/874668144027205632

yeah that's the problem, I'm sure

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Covok posted:

Make me.

make me make you

putz

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Sinteres posted:

North Korean isn't a race. Nork isn't any more racist than someone calling us Yanks.

Just like saying 'Japs' isn't racist. It all makes sense now! you are dumb

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

The guy leading the Comey testimony made this joke to reports outside of a sandwich shop the other day, because he had to hit up an ATM.

Really, though, just don't have ATMs in the few places the press congregates?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Race isn't real. No racist term refers to a "real race". Norks is a lovely word and is the exact same thing as that GBS thread about china that had to get banned because someone learned the chinese word for farmer and turned it into a bespoke slur.

Can't imagine why the right has such success in painting liberals as looking for poo poo to be offended about. It's not used as a slur, and making up an ever increasing list of poo poo you can't say because it might possibly be construed the wrong way is ridiculous. Some words have a history of being used as weapons against people and causing real pain, but using a shortened version of North Koreans to refer to their government isn't in that category.

Peachfart posted:

Just like saying 'Japs' isn't racist. It all makes sense now! you are dumb

WW2 propaganda actually was racist as poo poo though, and we put Japanese Americans in internment camps, so the racist association there was real.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

skylined! posted:

this is how me, a english speaker person, is understanding this, yes
That is good.

theflyingorc posted:

He has less than half the followers of Obama, and only half of them are real.

Obama has nearly 5 times as many real followers as Trump does
Obama is also like half a Donnie, weight-wise.

Yes, I am fat-shaming him. My mom is 59 and, while she has her share of health concerns, at least she can walk 4 kilometers everyday. This shithead can't even be arsed to walk 640 meters. gently caress him. And his stupid, lovely-rear end small hands.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

It's not just that Trump is corrupt. It's also that our allies (reasonably) believe he is corrupt and are afraid he'll do something so we are visibly tying his hands. Republicans can pretend they're doing it for the second reason even though theres definitely no reason to believe he's corrupt and owned by russia guys!!!!!!

I can really only hope that voters do the right thing for once and toss every one of these colluding bastards out. It's all I have left. Aside from my exit plan to the EU, for whatever that will be worth.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wark Say posted:

Mental disorder / disease or not, he's still a wussy, though.

He's an insecure bully, and pretty much everything he does springs from that bottomless well of insecurity that lurks deep in his psyche.

I don't think it necessarily rises to the level of disease/disorder, but it does compel him to do a whole lot of things that are objectively against his own interest in the name of keeping his self-image intact. In his mind, if he didn't respond to every slight, it would be tacitly admitting, at least to himself, that the slight has merit.

It's why everything he does has to be the best, the biggest, the greatest, etc. If it wasn't, it would mean all those people at school who didn't accept him, all those high-society people who snubbed him, all those political talking heads, were right.

Obviously, it's not rational, but it does help to frame some of his more baffling actions.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spiritus Nox posted:

I genuinely don't understand why people still keep going "Lol there's no way they let that leopard eat that guy's face" right before the leopard eats another face.
Hey can you stop posting please, you contribute nothing and nobody enjoys reading your angsting about nothing mattering.

HappyHippo posted:

If they can cause the delay between the time it's unveiled and the time it's voted on they should do it. The more public scrutiny it gets before the vote the more pressure on moderate Republicans. If that isn't possible I agree there isn't much point.
Didn't someone just post a couple pages ago that the Dems went for sanctions rather than delay the AHCA and focus on sessions too? Since they can't stop the AHCA vote meaningfully anyways.

Covok posted:

Make me.
Covok secret gop plant confirmed

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Covok posted:

Make me.

You're the Donald Trump of this thread, only somehow more insufferable. Congratulations on reaching that plateau.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Can't imagine why the right has such success in painting liberals as looking for poo poo to be offended about. It's not used as a slur, and making up an ever increasing list of poo poo you can't say because it might possibly be construed the wrong way is ridiculous. Some words have a history of being used as weapons against people and causing real pain, but using a shortened version of North Koreans to refer to their government isn't in that category.

WW2 propaganda actually was racist as poo poo though, and we put Japanese Americans in internment camps, so the racist association there was real.

Is legislating what people are and are not allowed to be upset about just kind've your thing or something?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Sinteres posted:

The word 'nork' was used as a slur during the Korean war. It wasn't made up recently as a convenience thing.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

kartikeya posted:

Is legislating what people are and are not allowed to be upset about just kind've your thing or something?

As opposed to legislating what words people can and can't use on a constant basis? It's a dumb derail though, I should have just ignored the pearl clutching.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Azathoth posted:

He's an insecure bully, and pretty much everything he does springs from that bottomless well of insecurity that lurks deep in his psyche.

I don't think it necessarily rises to the level of disease/disorder, but it does compel him to do a whole lot of things that are objectively against his own interest in the name of keeping his self-image intact. In his mind, if he didn't respond to every slight, it would be tacitly admitting, at least to himself, that the slight has merit.

It's why everything he does has to be the best, the biggest, the greatest, etc. If it wasn't, it would mean all those people at school who didn't accept him, all those high-society people who snubbed him, all those political talking heads, were right.

Obviously, it's not rational, but it does help to frame some of his more baffling actions.

It's absolutely a disorder. Donald Trump is a hosed up person. Most people are incredibly hosed up.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Captain Invictus posted:

Didn't someone just post a couple pages ago that the Dems went for sanctions rather than delay the AHCA and focus on sessions too? Since they can't stop the AHCA vote meaningfully anyways.
Covok secret gop plant confirmed

Yeah but I don't know enough about how this particular thing works, at what stage it's invoked, how long it delays things, etc. to make a judgement on their strategy.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Sinteres posted:

As opposed to legislating what words people can and can't use on a constant basis?

The PC left strikes again, preventing this poor man from using slurs. When will the freedom-hating left stop this oppression?!

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Sinteres posted:

As opposed to legislating what words people can and can't use on a constant basis?

You're being disingenuous here. I requested that the original poster not use that word. I didn't call for legislation, only engaging in more thoughtful language that isn't dehumanizing. No one is oppressing you by asking others to use less loaded language.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Yes, I am fat-shaming him. My mom is 59 and, while she has her share of health concerns, at least she can walk 4 kilometers everyday. This shithead can't even be arsed to walk 640 meters. gently caress him. And his stupid, lovely-rear end small hands.

But I thought the president had to have stamina. STAMINA.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I hope someone asks sessions "Why do you think we should believe that you're telling the truth this time"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Peachfart posted:

The PC left strikes again, preventing this poor man from using slurs. When will the freedom-hating left stop this oppression?!

The real racist: someone who thinks a word referring to the North Korean government isn't a slur against Koreans as a people.

• Locked thread