Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I was kinda wondering this too. Why are they writing checks with their mouth that their team is purposefully not going to cash?
Ummm. It's a team marketing and social media director selling rookie jerseys.

While it'd probably be more accurate to attach an image of the grim reaper to every team tweet going forward, this hardly constitutes trash talking or hyping the team. This isn't Rex predicting Super Bowls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just think it's dumb that the Broncos think that they're the first to think of or call their secondary the no fly zone. It's just such an obvious thing. It makes more sense for NY because no fly zones are partially enforced by military jets

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals had the no fly zone back in 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's about as novel as calling two of your skill position players thunder and lightning.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers had the Legion of Whom last year

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

It's about as novel as calling two of your skill position players thunder and lightning.

In this case its like the USMNT calling out China for calling their defensive backs the Great Wall because they came up with the idea in 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How dare they use our nickname we came up with two years ago that doesn't even make sense!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers had the Legion of Whom last year

"The pronoun who, in English, is an interrogative pronoun and a relative pronoun, used chiefly to refer to humans."

Accurate!

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 13, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers had the Legion of :wom: last year

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Docjowles posted:

An old coworker of mine lost an enormous amount of weight doing P90X, like well over 100 lbs. But he also quit going out to guzzle beer and eat chicken wings with his bowling team 4 nights a week which was probably even more significant. That feels like the part Fat Eddie is not committed to.

The biggest thing always seems to be that you're working out in a scheduled way, so you're eating better as not to waste the progress that you just made from your workout.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the wikipedia page for player nicknames has a funny mix of doe eyed fans, typical wikipedians, and salty vandalizers

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Really it was a self own. What are JETS going to do if they are in a no fly zone? Nothing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

so patrick peterson and maybe david johnson are top 20 players. cool

David Johnson is the best all around back in the NFL.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

i asked earlier and nobody responded but i don't know when they voted on this since there's a bunch of videos to produce or whatever, so if it was at the start of the year then he shouldn't be on it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

Not Lev?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
N: Trump praised Deshaun Watson

V: I don't know what this means

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

all-Rush mixtape posted:

He's just repeating what was written for him.

Though I'm pretty sure Trump is fuming because apparently Golden State unanimously said "yeah, gently caress that poo poo" to a visit.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I think DJ is better than LevBell, but it's close. I think DJ has done more with a shittier o-line.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

The Texans owner paid for him to go with the Clemson team for the white house visit. Trump wants to brag he has a black sports friend.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

More NFL top 100 guys:

Should probably swap Earl Thomas and Sherman there.

30: Earl Thomas, FS
29: Mike Evans, WR
28: Landon Collins, SS
27: LeSean McCoy, RB
26: Travis Kelce, TE
25: Joe Thomas, OT
24: Russell Wilson, QB
23: Rob Gronkowski, TE
22: Ben Roethlisberger, QB
21: Richard Sherman, CB

As recently as like 10 months ago there were Chiefs fans who believed Eric Berry sucked and should be cut. Now he'll be the highest rated player on the team.

Feels good, being right.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think bell is the better runner but johnson can play WR and basically burns everyone that doesn't respect that in addition to being a very good traditional back. also bell has had like 3 more years in the nfl and this was johnson's first full season as the #1 back

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Trump just mostly wanted to trade notes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Also Bell has two ACL tears already, doesnt he?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

pubic works project posted:

I think DJ is better than LevBell, but it's close. I think DJ has done more with a shittier o-line.

Yeah, I would give the edge to DJ as well I was just throwing Lev's name in for debate. Plus Lev has injury history.

DJ is a freak.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

I think bell is the better runner but johnson can play WR and basically burns everyone that doesn't respect that in addition to being a very good traditional back. also bell has had like 3 more years in the nfl and this was johnson's first full season as the #1 back

Yeah. There are better pure runners than Johnson, but Johnson is an outstanding receiver and I believe is good in pass pro too. I believe he also does return work as well. Leveon is good, but he also has Ben and Brown taking pressure off of him with a pads game. David Johnson doesn't get that benefit as much.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everyone who had DJ on their fantasy team knows what a badass he is.

I thought Andre Ellington would end up with that starter role but nah.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Chichevache posted:

False.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry who else is even nominated

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

You're right, Thomas Rawls is actually better. He just needs to shake that injury-prone label.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think this is one of those moments where fantasy football actually gives a pretty good glimpse as to who had a better season. This doesn't take into account things like blocking or whatever but DJ's numbers were significantly better than Elliott or Bell, it wasn't even close.

DJ is a punishing runner and reminds me of the greats like Terrell Davis or Tomlinson which worries me that he'll get injured someday but the dude is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQUEMGpn8Y

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

I thought Andre Ellington would end up with that starter role but nah.

:stare:

woof

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In my defense I thought that nearly two years ago and solely based on his ypc

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I think this is one of those moments where fantasy football actually gives a pretty good glimpse as to who had a better season. This doesn't take into account things like blocking or whatever but DJ's numbers were significantly better than Elliott or Bell, it wasn't even close.

DJ is a punishing runner and reminds me of the greats like Terrell Davis or Tomlinson which worries me that he'll get injured someday but the dude is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQUEMGpn8Y

might i recommend: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763012

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

andre ellington was good but he's had 2 years of turf toe and unless you can guarantee me he's going to be healthy and his game won't be completely wrecked from previous injuries then i'd probably rather have kerwin williams as the backup

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I dunno, Le'Veon Bell averaged 30 more rushing yards per game in 2016 compared to DJ, and only had 3 yards less receiving per game.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

If I had to put together a contender right now, Bell would be first choice. DJ 2nd.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Forever_Peace posted:

If I had to put together a contender right now, Bell would be first choice. DJ 2nd.

Bell has a significantly better supporting cast though, particularly the offensive line that fell apart for the Cards last year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah if I had to choose, I'd choose DJ. Not to bring too much fantasychat here, but I had him last year and he never let me down.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ameer Abdullah is the best running back in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

both are good, but neither are mccaffery.

Thanks ill hang up and listen

• Locked thread