Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Were they listening to the La La Land soundtrack while writing this theme song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I honestly can't tell what's sarcastic snark and what's legit anger at this point really.

https://twitter.com/Viiynn/status/874679630191509504

Edit: I want to say that one of the leakers (Liam Robertson maybe?) hinted at a Metroid by Mercury Steaem at least a year ago if not more, before the final AM2R trailer was even announced and brought back into the spotlight.

People thinking Nintendo ripped off AM2R is a great take.:lol:

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

lelandjs posted:

^^^^^^^^Yup you're absolutely correct

hahahahaha overwatch for the switch, it's like they didn't even bother trying to make it believable

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Were they listening to the La La Land soundtrack while writing this theme song?

Sounds like Katamari to me. I love it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
genuinely excited to see MArio Rabbids

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok, MarioxRabbids gameplay, let's see if my prerorder was a dumb choice or not

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Spacebump posted:

That Metroid amiibo owns.

Pretty legit.

Also Grant Kirkhope of Banjo Kazooie fame did the music for Mario X Rabbids so there's that.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I honestly can't tell what's sarcastic snark and what's legit anger at this point really.

https://twitter.com/Viiynn/status/874679630191509504

Edit: I want to say that one of the leakers (Liam Robertson maybe?) hinted at a Metroid by Mercury Steaem at least a year ago if not more, before the final AM2R trailer was even announced and brought back into the spotlight.

This image makes me angry just looking at it

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This game looks pretty.

Except for those loving rabbids.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh man this Metroid game is not bringing up favorable comparisons to AM2R. This is an unfortunate turn of events.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KingSlime posted:

nintendo certainly does make good games

as does its competitors

this is good for the consumer as it allows him or her to make a choice, and adults like me use their disposable income to purchase multiple systems

cheerleading for a company is so weird to me!

I'm not cheerleading lol, I don't even have a Switch yet and I have a PS4 and a gaming PC. But complaining about sales potential instead of getting excited about games is a severely Games-like viral strain

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want them to stop talking because the music I can hear in the background sounds like classic Kirkhope greatness

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mario x Rabbids looks like they put in a huge amount of effort. Definitely impressed at how much design has gone into the area design.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Maybe Prime 4 will take place after Fusion?

Possible but I feel like it's unlikely, I would be happy tho I feel like they could do a lot of neat stuff with Samus being a fugitive

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
nah i dont care about sales, the discussion went there because "goons don't know what niche is" and metriod is apparently a consistent box office hit

i don't have a switch either but I increasingly want one! i have a 3ds and want the big n to take it out to the back and shoot it for good

its time to Switch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
drat look at these combat map designs. The various paths to victory, the side tunnels, the cover. I am so impressed. It is really clear that the folks on it really have their heart in it

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kashuno posted:

drat look at these combat map designs. The various paths to victory, the side tunnels, the cover. I am so impressed. It is really clear that the folks on it really have their heart in it

right? these guys are super into making this weird spinoff x-com mario rabbit game.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kashuno posted:

but rabbids!!11

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

but rabbids!!11

Agreed

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kashuno posted:

The bearded French guy speaking is the head dev and he cried when Miyamoto praised him during the Ubisoft presser. Dude wants to make Shiggy happy.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SeANMcBAY posted:

People thinking Nintendo ripped off AM2R is a great take.:lol:

While I'll give people that Mario Maker did probably take quite a lot of inspiration from the various Mario Romhacks and Level Editors from throughout the years, my favorite "They stole our idea!" was when Smash 4 had Skyloft and some people thought Sakurai personally stole that idea from Project M. Like the concept of a Skyloft flyover stage was so unique only one person could ever have thought it up.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
yeah that rabbids game looks surprisingly tight and polished

i'm down to clown

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I can't believe the Rabbids game really is just Mario XCOM. I'm loving amazed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The French guy speaking is the head dev and he cried when Miyamoto praised him during the Ubisoft presser. Dude wants to make Shiggy happy.

I'm pretty sure any game developer would feel immense pride and possibly cry getting praised by Miyamoto

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"They're not dying, they're being sent home."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kashuno posted:

It looks like a solid as hell XCOM clone, I'm curious if the design and character customizability will be good enough to override the absence of emergent narrative stuff that I really enjoy in XCOM.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I really wanna play Xcom 2 again.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
X-Com Mario looks way better than the promo material made it look

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

I can't believe the Rabbids game really is just Mario XCOM. I'm loving amazed.

It's insane to me still. This leaked a few weeks back and everyone, including me, was like "lol this sounds like a horrible loving game who wants a mario/rabbids tactic shooter?" and then it comes at e3 and it's like "wow this game is actually best in show maybe???

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it honestly looks graphically close or better than Odyessy which is crazy

a SM3DW game with this style would be awesome

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This game looks really good and polished.

I want to see its version of the Thin Man.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

drat I like the dynamic lighting in Rabbids/Mario.

Look at the clouds moving and stuff.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Important: full clean version of the Odyssey theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GVs981uAM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Poor Iwata..he would've been the guy who gave the green light on this crossover and he never gets to see the absolutely amazing result.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want to see its version of the Thin Man.

waluigi please

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

It's definitely crazy that I want to play this game so bad. What sounded like a cash-in launch game is actually a polished passion project. Gonna own playing Mario XCom

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Never played or seen an Xcom game. Apparently the closest thing I may have played is Codename Steam? So is it all based off of visibility, movement range, weapon range, and counterattacks if someone loves into your zone?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I hope Mario + Rabbids sells well and we just get Smash Tactics.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

we're gonna find a photo of the french dev from just before this deal was inked, he'll be skinny and clean shaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Goddddd listen to that kirkhope music in the background

• Locked thread