Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

yeah there's a bunch of context stuff too. johnson set the record for consecutive >100 yard all-purpose games, had 20 tds, only got hurt in the last game of the season, and had an extra 4 yards/reception over bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
All this talk is mute cause Derrick Henry is coming

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Great time with friends tonight!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm happy about Mahomes but I really do feel like Dalvin Cook will be the best running back in this class and I really wanted him.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That picture has me hootin lil shrimpy they don't wanna see you winninnnnnnn

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/874693610767355913

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The Bears are the gift that will get us through these dark days of the offseason

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jay Ajayi had zero oline help but still dominated

Top 5 in so many badass stats

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Ezekiel Elliott will be the best all around back at this time next season.

https://twitter.com/DemBoyz_News/status/797957344600567812

He should see an expanded role as a receiver.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

John Fox: I'm getting paid I don't give a poo poo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's Johnson come on my dudes

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Also Bell has two ACL tears already, doesnt he?

An MCL sprain, then MCL tear the following year.

Bell is better than Johnson at blitz pick-up and receiving. The only thing that Johnson does better is breakaway speed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bell is better than Johnson.

I miss having a good RB

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bryce Petty did this only it was just playing a bunch of Madden.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

An MCL sprain, then MCL tear the following year.

Bell is better than Johnson at blitz pick-up and receiving. The only thing that Johnson does better is breakaway speed.

Pass-catching running backs:

quote:

1. David Johnson, Arizona Cardinals: A wideout when he entered college, the former Northern Iowa star retained all the benefits of the position when he rocked up to 230 pounds and moved to the backfield. By the third game of Johnson's NFL career, Bruce Arians already had his third-round draft pick lining up out wide and in the slot as a third or fourth receiver. As a rookie, he became the first player in 16 years to average more than 12.0 yards per reception while gaining at least 400 rushing yards and 400 receiving yards. He also led all NFL running backs in percentage of receptions (58.3) converted to first downs.

"He's probably as natural a catcher as there is," quarterback Carson Palmer said last December, just before Johnson showed his mismatch potential with 88 yards on three receptions versus Green Bay in Week 16. The Packers started with a linebacker in coverage, switched to a safety and finally capitulated with a dime cornerback by the end of the game. During that blowout victory, NFL Films caught All-Pro cornerback Tyrann Mathieu delighting in the observation that Johnson is a bigger version of Marshall Faulk, a Hall of Famer widely regarded as the greatest receiving back in NFL history.

"His receiving and ball skills are second to none," Cardinals general manager Steve Keim raved this summer. "I mean, probably the best receiving back I've seen."

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

kiimo posted:

Pass-catching running backs:

He had a 4 game jump on Bell last year, and Bell nearly caught him in both rushing and receptions with a quarter season head start

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How about they're both loving incredible

David Johnson needs to prove he can keep doing it, though. No question Bell can.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Eh. Bell needs to prove he can avoid the devil weed or breaking more ligaments.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Y'all sleeping on *checks depth chart* Terrance West

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Hey, I'm gonna go back to lurking in a second but the Jets safeties should have been Air Traffic Control.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Thordain posted:

Hey, I'm gonna go back to lurking in a second but the Jets safeties should have been Air Traffic Control.

Or the South Tower.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Diqnol posted:

How about they're both loving incredible

Fine with that. Howard is gonna be great too

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I am still loving pissed that that dumbass Grigson didn't draft Jordan Howard before the Bears did.

Oh well...I'm happy Ballard took Marlon Mack in the 4th.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I am phoneposting right now, but who had a higher percentage of total offensive yard for their team, Bell or DJ?

Also, I am glad we can still have football conversations in June. :allears:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

OJ Howard seems like he'll be Jimmy but we also thought Trent Richardson was the next AP so I'll wait until he's produced.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Let's see

Steelers 5962 yards, 399 points
Cardinals 5868 yards, 418 points

Bell - 1884 yards, 9 TD's
DJ - 2118 yards, 20 TD's

So Bell was 31.5% of the Steelers yards and DJ was 36%

Of course Bell missed 4 games, which would extrapolate out to say, a high end of like 2506 yards and probably like 39-40% of the Steelers offense at most.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am confused because this seems like an actual good idea by the Bears

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Diqnol posted:

OJ Howard seems like he'll be Jimmy but we also thought Trent Richardson was the next AP so I'll wait until he's produced.

Jordan Howard of the Chicago Bears, but OJ Howard was one of my biggest draft crushes this year

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Let's see

Steelers 5962 yards, 399 points
Cardinals 5868 yards, 418 points

Bell - 1884 yards, 9 TD's
DJ - 2118 yards, 20 TD's

So Bell was 31.5% of the Steelers yards and DJ was 36%

Of course Bell missed 4 games, which would extrapolate out to say, a high end of like 2506 yards and probably like 39-40% of the Steelers offense at most.

Interesting debate. You could argue there are more mouths to feed in Pittsburgh so Lev's stats are more impressive. You could argue the Cards have DJ and nothing else but the ghosts of Palmer and Fitz, so his stats are more impressive. Or you could just say gently caress it, they are both amazing and we are splitting hairs at this point.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Jordan Howard of the Chicago Bears, but OJ Howard was one of my biggest draft crushes this year

Hunter Henry is the best forever

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

I am phoneposting right now, but who had a higher percentage of total offensive yard for their team, Bell or DJ?

Also, I am glad we can still have football conversations in June. :allears:

What kind of BBQ does Bell like?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I am confused because this seems like an actual good idea by the Bears
Pretend that Fox's idea of "virtual reality" is just a gaming console

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I actually think he went to the worst team he could almost. His biggest issue as a receiver is he wants to let the ball come to him instead of break his route/jump out and get it and Jameis gonna throw that poo poo all over the place

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eli Wiggum posted:

Pretend that Fox's idea of "virtual reality" is just a gaming console

Lol, there we go. The Bears are playing Madden as the Packers right now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

What kind of BBQ does Bell like?

He doesn't care as long as it's smoked. :420:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Metapod posted:

All this talk is moot cause Eddie Lacy is in shape and ready to rumble, bumble and stumble.

He aint too fat anymore!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That poor db

https://twitter.com/FballPosts/status/874478412580114432

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I thought we fought a war over being able to own another human being like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Randy Moss is one of my top 5 favorites.

• Locked thread