Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Didn't Pokken outsell Street Fighter V even just being on Wii U? It will sell a ton on Switch.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

lelandjs posted:

Also if I'm understanding this gameplay footage correctly you can't even attack with her?

She just walks five steps behind you, half naked

this is why people don't like videogames

For a lot of 'gamers' the ideal woman is a babe who quietly watches you play videogames and dispenses sex occasionally

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
That battle system looks weird as gently caress but I'm sure I'll love it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bandaid.friend posted:

For a lot of 'gamers' the ideal woman is a babe who quietly watches you play videogames and dispenses sex occasionally

The game really is set up to be a 14-year-old otaku's perfect fantasy even down to the main character looking literally 14

still prob gonna play it tho

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
This game looks neat, I wonder if not having played the first Xenoblade matters, it didn't for Chronicles X at least.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

loquacius posted:

Yeah, again the adult voice was an excellent localization choice but I wish they'd coupled it with a different model for the Western release too, like they did with the first NIER game, because Papa Nier ruled

I'd also like to play a JRPG with a main character more than seventeen years old but that's not gonna happen in either of our lifetimes

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

yeah this will not go over well with the American Internet scene

Like, poo poo, man, I'm willing to overlook fanservice to an extent but this is pretty goddamn shameless fanservice

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Wish combat/auto-attacking was a bit faster

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'd also like to play a JRPG with a main character more than seventeen years old but that's not gonna happen in either of our lifetimes

Lost Odyssey

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Xenoblade is a single player MMO.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

THE loving MOON posted:

This game looks neat, I wonder if not having played the first Xenoblade matters, it didn't for Chronicles X at least.

I'm pretty sure it won't but you should really really play XC if you don't hate JRPGs and probably even if you do

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Trails of cold steel starred a 17 year old that's the ripe old age of 20 two games later

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RE Mario Odyssey: I thought I remembered hearing this game would be loosely based on the Super Mario Adventures comic from Nintendo Power or something like that but instead it seems to be themed around Mario gaining hat-based possession powers (Super Mario: Geist). What happened to that idea, because I liked it

The only similarity I can see from the trailer is that it involves Bowser making Peach wear a wedding dress while she waits for rescue, aka the #1 most likely plot element from Super Mario Adventures to stir up another gamergate (but not as likely as Xenoblade 2)

they didn't even leave in the part where Peach and Luigi trade clothes for like three chapters

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

More people should play Infinite Space.

He starts as a teenager but there's a time jump.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

lelandjs posted:

Like, poo poo, man, I'm willing to overlook fanservice to an extent but this is pretty goddamn shameless fanservice

Especially since she doesn't even really do anything, she just kind of holds her hands out and shouts words of encouragement for the hero I guess. Like it doesn't seem like there any real reason for the blades to be personified

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

loquacius posted:

RE Mario Odyssey: I thought I remembered hearing this game would be loosely based on the Super Mario Adventures comic from Nintendo Power or something like that but instead it seems to be themed around Mario gaining hat-based possession powers (Super Mario: Geist). What happened to that idea, because I liked it

The only similarity I can see from the trailer is that it involves Bowser making Peach wear a wedding dress while she waits for rescue, aka the #1 most likely plot element from Super Mario Adventures to stir up another gamergate (but not as likely as Xenoblade 2)

they didn't even leave in the part where Peach and Luigi trade clothes for like three chapters

Sir, this is a Target return counter.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

loquacius posted:

What happened to that idea, because I liked it

That was never the case.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is Xenoblade 2 a hentai

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

Xenoblade is a single player MMO.

this is actually good though because you don't have to spend an hour queueing for content and if you gently caress up and party-wipe you don't have anyone yelling at you for it, you just start over

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Might have to plug the Wii U back in i never beat Xenoblade chronicles x

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

loquacius posted:

this is actually good though because you don't have to spend an hour queueing for content and if you gently caress up and party-wipe you don't have anyone yelling at you for it, you just start over

it's all the fun of pressing buttons for 200 hours without the pesky socializing and strategies!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Sir, this is a Target return counter.

dammit I will have a Mario game where Friendly Floyd is a playable character

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Nah, you don't have to. That's a side story more than anything...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not sold on kingdom battle anymore after gameplay. I have xcom2 and expansion still to play elsewhere with a lot more going on gameplay wise. Enjoy if you get tho. Looks cute

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So what are the point of the character's Stands in Xenoblade 2? they just sit there and send aura to you but I just don't get the point of why they're there other than to have a sexy anime babe stand around during battles

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I beat it twice because I lost my just completed post-game save shuffling data between system memory and the external hard drive. Ironically by the time I finished it the second time I didn't care about the post-game anymore v:shobon:v

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

loquacius posted:

Is it grindy though? Single-player games with grind a pain in the arse. This game does look OK but not if I have to clear this field of Rambunctious Velocibears ten times over

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mabels big day posted:

So what are the point of the character's Stands in Xenoblade 2? they just sit there and send aura to you but I just don't get the point of why they're there other than to have a sexy anime babe stand around during battles

you answered your own question

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

mabels big day posted:

sounds like you answered your own question.

edit: gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

loquacius posted:

Xenoblade 1 has no penalty for dying. You start 2 feet away and the enemies get their health back but thats it. No starting over required

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Augus posted:

it's all the fun of pressing buttons for 200 hours without the pesky socializing and strategies!

You still have to strategize and specialize your party around their holy trinity roles, you just don't have to do any pesky socializing with the kind of people who play mmos (goons)

That said this all applies to Xenoblade 1's party dynamics but I'm not sure from the trailer whether Xenoblade 2 will have anything similar apart from a boy and his sexy sword

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I don't think it's a thong, it's more of an rear end corset really

...but yeah she'll 100% be dressed up for the Westen release. Her panties are see-through :sterv:

loving :japan:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this new thread title seems hostile

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bandaid.friend posted:

Is it grindy though? Single-player games with grind a pain in the arse. This game does look OK but not if I have to clear this field of Rambunctious Velocibears ten times over

In the first xenoblade the worry was overleveling if anything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bandaid.friend posted:

There are some fights you need to level for if you dont explore. Raw Level is you most important stat

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Oh my god I love it

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cowcaster posted:

this new thread title seems hostile

I suggest we replace it with this:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I don't think it's a thong, it's more of an rear end corset really

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bandaid.friend posted:

IIRC it's grindy if you're an idiot like me and try to do everything but that's not actually necessary.

Real hurthling! posted:

Xenoblade 1 has no penalty for dying. You start 2 feet away and the enemies get their health back but thats it. No starting over required

well yeah you start the fight over, that's what I meant

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait there's a kickass loving big cat you can have stand behind you instead?

I wonder how optional the half naked lady is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

lelandjs posted:

Wait there's a kickass loving big cat you can have stand behind you instead?

I wonder how optional the half naked lady is

She's a blade, and you swap blades out. Each blade has abilities.

• Locked thread