Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Jesus. Are those notes in 42pt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Objurium posted:

"Dont remember meeting Russians, except for the ones I didnt tell you about, but don't see how that's relevant to Russian interference"

Ya boi rolled out the big boy font on his perjury notes.

Jesus, the font really is stupidly big.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Kekekela posted:

there's a GDT in case anyone missed it.

look at this scrub who doesnt want to read two live chat threads :v:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
"The Trump Doctrine is to help the American people!"

Okay, there's your perjury.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Oh good opiate talk

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
whys he going on about this poo poo

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Drink

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Loel posted:

look at this scrub who doesnt want to read two live chat threads :v:

haha I want full concentrated mockery for this rear end in a top hat

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Snuffman posted:

Jesus. Are those notes in 42pt?

Pretty sure they are handwritten.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sessions makes it sound like America is ending. Where the hell did he get murder rate up 10%?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
"i will not be de turd"

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Now let me cite some drug facts (but only the scary ones that don't contradict my actions)

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Sessions makes it sound like America is ending. Where the hell did he get murder rate up 10%?
His basement.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Isn't that naked perjury then? I mean it's a simple fact: the murder rate is up 10% or it's not. He said under oath it is. If it's not, is that not perjury?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Isn't that naked perjury then? I mean it's a simple fact: the murder rate is up 10% or it's not. He said under oath it is. If it's not, is that not perjury?

that's just like, your opinion, man.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Pretty sure they are handwritten.

Who writes handwritten notes on printer paper and perfectly spaced like that

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I think he could just claim his ancient elf-brain got the number wrong.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

wikipedia:

Contrary to popular misconception, no crime has occurred when a false statement is (intentionally or unintentionally) made while under oath or subject to penalty—instead, criminal culpability only attaches at the instant the declarant falsely asserts the truth of statements (made or to be made) which are material to the outcome of the proceeding. For example, it is not perjury to lie about one's age except where age is a fact material to influencing the legal result, such as eligibility for old age retirement benefits or whether a person was of an age to have legal capacity.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

quote:

Contrary to popular misconception, no crime has occurred when a false statement is (intentionally or unintentionally) made while under oath or subject to penalty—instead, criminal culpability only attaches at the instant the declarant falsely asserts the truth of statements (made or to be made) which are material to the outcome of the proceeding.

So, no

e: :argh:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

perjury refers to the purposeful misrepresentation of facts concerning matters material to an official proceeding

If you can't prove that he intentionally got it wrong, and that it was relevant to the matter under investigation, you don't have a perjury case.

e:f,b

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He's saying "I don't remember" a lot.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

i'm an old guy who is really important to the country, but golly i can't remember if these things happened!

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

It has to be shown that not only is this statement false, but Sessions knows it is false and the fact that it is false matters to his testimony.

Edit: beaten

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Who else but Trump?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/feb/08/donald-trump/donald-trump-wrong-murder-rate-highest-47-years/

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol sessions just admitted that it's a criminal investigation

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
"Well see I thought it was more of a hootenany, not quite a shindig, and you need a shindig before you can have a meeting so...."

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

BlueberryCanary posted:

It has to be shown that not only is this statement false, but Sessions knows it is false and the fact that it is false matters to his testimony.

Well, the second part of that should be easy: "you are the attorney general. This is literally your job." but ah, on the third.
I do still enjoy that perjury just comes so naturally to him he can't help but lie under oath even on matters wholly unrelated to the topic at hand.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Kislyak is like the most forgettable person ever

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Has to be perjury right there

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah alot of the hard right, gohmert, hanity, and gingrige are calling for muller to be fired. they are power hungery fools.

But what if they succeed, abolish America, and institute Full Fascism Now? :ohdear:

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Dude's talking way too much for his own good.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tir McDohl posted:

Kislyak is like the most forgettable person ever

I mean, with the sort of parties he throws, I wouldn't remember all the details either :v:

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

if he's "admitting" to having memory issues in something this loving important why is he even allowed in office

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You recused yourself because you got caught you halfwit garden-lynching gnome.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

They should ask him about Trump's displeasure over his recusal.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Aves Maria! posted:

Who writes handwritten notes on printer paper and perfectly spaced like that

racist cookie elfs.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Talking way too much

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Talking way too much

Good?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Haha Sessions is gonna try to run the clock out as much as he can isn't he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Sessions saying he won't get involved with Mueller firing. Does that mean it would have to be Rosenstein?

• Locked thread