Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm glad somebody decided to take ideas from Tales of Destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

lelandjs posted:

Wait there's a kickass loving big cat you can have stand behind you instead?

I wonder how optional the half naked lady is

Nah, you can't play anybody but the main guy, the cat is one of your party member's stands

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

THE loving MOON posted:

Nah, you can't play anybody but the main guy, the cat is one of your party member's stands

The presenter switched to another character a few minutes ago.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The presenter switched to another character a few minutes ago.

I think that's only for moving on the map though, when it went into combat it switched back to the kid (the other one)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

she has booty shorts that are also see-through so you can see her tight thong underneath and a rubber suit that bares her midriff and is tight enough to contort to every curve of her giant J-Cup tits but also loose enough for them to jiggle wildly whenever she takes a step.

and she has the face of a 12 year old
:whitewater:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
We get it. Anime game. You stand still and hit an unmoving enemy for 5 minutes each. Let's move on.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This game has the most literal objectification of women of any game ever.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

THE loving MOON posted:

I think that's only for moving on the map though, when it went into combat it switch back to the kid (the other one)

Nope, he was controlling the character he switched to.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

bandaid.friend posted:

Is it grindy though? Single-player games with grind a pain in the arse. This game does look OK but not if I have to clear this field of Rambunctious Velocibears ten times over

Nah, XC is like the smoothest, least frustrating JRPG experience ever, I'd be surprised if they "went back to the JRPG roots" or anything like that

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i mean im not gonna complain about the hot anime babe but in battle the Stands just do nothing and it seems like a lot of visual clutter so there better be a good reason for it

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
the poor presenter trying to avoid cheesecake shots because of the camera angle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shes not real you cant sex her

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

They should move on, I'm not okay with an hour and change of anime and zero mention of VC or anything else.

In fact, I'm beginning to suspect they won't mention VC at all....

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
People who are going into deep detail about the girl's outfit and how they find it creepy are they themselves pretty creepy

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I'd be a drat shame if the new pokemon\metroid didn't use the zelda engine. That thing is far too advance to not be the preferred inhouse engine.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

i'll take that as a challenge

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
thread getting bad again

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Real hurthling! posted:

I'll link you some vids after the amiibo comes out

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Beastie posted:

They should move on, I'm not okay with an hour and change of anime and zero mention of VC or anything else.

Now is not the time for VC.

That comes later.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

thread getting bad again

That's how you know it's time for the Treehouse to move on to the next game. It's the only thing keeping the badness at bay

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kashuno posted:

People who are going into deep detail about the girl's outfit and how they find it creepy are they themselves pretty creepy

if that description of the character design creeps you out, congratulations because it should creep you out.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

incoherent posted:

I'd be a drat shame if the new pokemon\metroid didn't use the zelda engine. That thing is far too advance to not be the preferred inhouse engine.

Eagerly awaiting the chance to spend half an hour scaling each of Mt. Moon's peaks to find a Clefairy. Sincerely.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Now is not the time for VC.

That comes later.

Elaborate, I'm new to how Nintendo does things.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kashuno posted:

eagerly awaiting the entire internet becoming like this thread when this game is released

I dunno, maybe you can change her appearance with different armors like in Xenoblade 1, that seems to be a pretty easy solution with precedent in the series

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Beastie posted:

My reward for having to look at anime better be the VC going live and free.

At the very least they could show other games. Where's Arms, Splatoon, Pokemon, and all the other stuff ready to demo / out this year?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I went to gamestop and preordered the Rabbid game

Sadly I could not preorder game of the show: Kirby yet

I hope my good friend Pitch is in the game since Nago returned

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Millions posted:

Eagerly awaiting the chance to spend half an hour scaling each of Mt. Moon's peaks to find a Clefairy. Sincerely.

I didn't even think of that, Pokemon with Zelda's exploration would be amazing

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

eagerly awaiting the entire internet becoming like this thread when this game is released

I dunno, maybe you can change her appearance with different armors like in Xenoblade 1, that seems to be a pretty easy solution with precedent in the series

People are going to bitch about objectification of women in videogames until it stops.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Finally a new game.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I hate the font they use in this game. I don't know why I just do.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wait, did he just say something about Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga???

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thank gently caress we're being rewarded with Superstar Saga for sitting through that.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Does the Kirby game graphically look exactly like Return to Dream Land or am I remembering wrong

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm primed to be incredibly disappointed when I can't get Mario and Luigi on the Switch

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Phantasium posted:

More people should play Infinite Space.

He starts as a teenager but there's a time jump.

They should've made a sequel on 3ds.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I went to gamestop and preordered the Rabbid game

Sadly I could not preorder game of the show: Kirby yet

I hope my good friend Pitch is in the game since Nago returned
Nago just seemed like an animation from the broom power - like how you could turn into Rick with the stone ability previously.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

loquacius posted:

Does the Kirby game graphically look exactly like Return to Dream Land or am I remembering wrong

It looked like a better-looking HD version of Return to Dream Land

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

loquacius posted:

it looks nicer

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Hey there's that catchy tune again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

My reward for having to look at anime better be the VC going live and free.

At the very least they could show other games. Where's Arms, Splatoon, Pokemon, and all the other stuff ready to demo / out this year?

ARMS and Splatoon 2 get their own days tomorrow and the next day. They're having tournaments. They may not show either of them today.

• Locked thread