Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

lmao "you discussed the termination, why wouldnt you discuss the reasons?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lol, writing is apparently not covered by the SPECIAL privilege

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Feinstein genuinely sounded baffled for a second there when she heard "I can't discuss that".

e: why did this CBSN stream just cut to a headshot of Comey

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
"so you either fired him without talking about it which makes you incompetent, or you did and won't tell us which makes you corrupt"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

jesus christ

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:lol:

"...okaaaay..."

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Straight 🔥

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Feinstein sounds so confused at these answers

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
So apparently right-wing/nazi twitter is salivating over this testimony destroying the Russia story

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

so now he's literally saying he "said that to the president."

so uh....

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

So is he claiming executive privilege or not? He said no, but just what the hell is this if not that?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Comey's stunning USURPATION of the Clinton Prosecution

yeah motherfucker everyone cares that's not red meat at all

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Clinton: Take a shot!!

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

ReidRansom posted:

So is he claiming executive privilege or not? He said no, but just what the hell is this if not that?

I think he was saying it's some DoJ rule

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

So apparently right-wing/nazi twitter is salivating over this testimony destroying the Russia story

They also thought Comey hung himself with his testimony and cleared the Russia story.

They are not smart.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

here comes the faster answers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rubio you worm

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
aww jesus, this loving guy

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Again, if it was so clear that Comey broke the rules, why did it take so long to fire him?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

rubio you worm

he hasn't done anything too lovely yet, I don't think

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Huh, Rubio asking an actually good question. What's his angle for caring if Sessions thought the president was doing something untoward with Comey?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Loel posted:

Man, sessions is coming out of this hella incompetent if nothing else.

I recall nothing, my subordinates told me nothing, I dont know any of my boss' views.

Between this, Pal Ryan's "he's new at this!", and the verbal bulldozer DeVos, - A childlike level of incompetence seems to be a pretty good excuse?

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Is it just me or is Rubio asking good questions o.O

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If he purposely slows his tempo he still has these loving grating micro-pauses every couple of words which is driving me insane.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
center rubio

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

aware of dog posted:

Again, if it was so clear that Comey broke the rules, why did it take so long to fire him?
the administration can just say it was just incompetence on their part, as has been the general republican defense

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Overall, so far, Sessions is doing pretty well given the circumstances.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
i do not recall why I left the room last. Perhaps I had encumbered myself upon a footrest.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I thought they said the fresh start at the FBI was agreed upon at like, inauguration? But he's saying he now made the decision himself later on or something and sent out the letter?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

this is a nothingburger question, stop being impressed by rubio

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I trusted Comey, who set the constitution that we all love ablaze when he refused to investigate Clinton, to handle himself well when spending time alone with the President.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

aware of dog posted:

I think he was saying it's some DoJ rule

He's the head of the DoJ, it's up to him. He's just trying to avoid perjuring himself.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

"he could have reported it to his real boss and not me!"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So Trump can never produce a recording from the oval office without producing all of them at least.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vegetable posted:

this is a nothingburger question, stop being impressed by rubio
Relative to everything else he's asked, it was far more relevant and pointed. Like this babble coming out of his mouth now, for instance!

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
The recordings! I really hope this bites him in the rear end.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If he purposely slows his tempo he still has these loving grating micro-pauses every couple of words which is driving me insane.

Hey now. It must be super hard to concentrate when "I Wish I Was In Dixie" is playing in your head 24/7.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How does the AG not know that if the President made tapes he'd have to preserve them?

I mean.... He lived through watergate, right?

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Furnaceface posted:

They also thought Comey hung himself with his testimony and cleared the Russia story.

They are not smart.

Both sides are going way overboard with what they think is being said and what will happen as a result and it's tiresome. Every hearing or statement or leak is totally full vindication or guaranteed impeachment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

IAmThatIs posted:

Is it just me or is Rubio asking good questions o.O

More evidence than the Republican Party is working to get rid of Trump early enough they still have a shot in 2018.

• Locked thread