Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the delayed Queen’s speech – Theresa May’s spokesman declines to confirm speech will go ahead as scheduled while Tories seek deal with DUP"

Telegraph:

France election: Macron party set for big parliamentary win

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Theresa May buys time with apology to Tory MPs over election ‘mess’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Atlanta is going to make permanent an intersection with rainbow crosswalks in a historically LGBT-friendly part of town, in honor of those killed last year in Orlando. Prepare thyself for the Lester.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

quote:

"And only one thing can kill children at a time."
My first thought was wow you're willing to do so much about 22 people, but also make things a lot worse/potentially deadly for 23 MILLION people. This is supposed to be pro-GOP?

quote:

Somebody give that last donkey the Jim-from-the-office-looking-at-the-camera face.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fake Swen?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

My first thought was wow you're willing to do so much about 22 people, but also make things a lot worse/potentially deadly for 23 MILLION people. This is supposed to be pro-GOP?

aT LeAsT cHiP BoK hAs ToNeD DoWn TyPiNg LiKe a 13-yEaR-oLd oN AoL iN 1996 SoMeWhAt

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Low Desert Punk posted:

I'm really genuinely curious what happened in Tinsley's life to hate academia this much. It's actually bordering on an unhealthy obsession at this point.

I just want to know why a guy who endlessly bashes colleges keeps getting invited to speak at colleges.

I don't know how I'm supposed to react to this. I can read it in two completely different ways, and Cagle is so middle-of-the-road that it could be either.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Jurgan posted:

I just want to know why a guy who endlessly bashes colleges keeps getting invited to speak at colleges.

I don't know how I'm supposed to react to this. I can read it in two completely different ways, and Cagle is so middle-of-the-road that it could be either.

I tried to make it a little more accurate.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Pander posted:

Better, but the Elephant should gradually phase out of existence with "Benghazi" floating in the air.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Pander posted:

Buttery Males might also work.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

That's almost certainly why he said what he did, but the upshot is that he considers boys being taken advantage of by older men "enriching and incredibly life affirming," "hugely positive experiences", and he rambles on about how some 13 year olds are mature enough for all that, and it's not really pedophilia if the child is sexually mature.

I can feel bad for him for having gone through that at an impressionable age, but not for him supporting child molestation now because he felt he turned out all right.

I highly doubt anything of the sort ever happened to him. It's just another checkbox on his list of rightwing talking points to reaffirm as part of his minstrel show, he just did it in a way that was too open to attack by other rightwingers.
If it came out that Milo was a straight dude with a secret wife who had never hosed another guy in his life it wouldn't really shock me.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Triskelli posted:

Better, but the Elephant should gradually phase out of existence with "Benghazi" floating in the air.

Orabilis posted:

Buttery Males might also work.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jurgan posted:

Cagle is a Dem, and as mentioned earlier the main way you can tell this from the cartoon is that the donkey doesn't look crazy and the elephant doesn't look smug

(it is definitely one of the more subtle cartoons we've seen which says a lot about the subtlety of political cartoons)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jurgan posted:

I can read it in two completely different ways, and Cagle is so middle-of-the-road that it could be either.

Cagle is basically the DJ 3000.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Seeing this on the news yesterday was a delightful reminder of the 100+ Ramirez cartoons of Obama admiring himself in a mirror/being carried in a sedan chair/sitting at his desk with all his self portraits and I :love: ME coffee cup.

The president is so universally detested, programs depicting his violent removal would be popular enough to fill multiple TV channels. AGC

Boom mics as pole arms. :discourse:

Can't wait for Branco's hot takes when Spicer, Conway, Tillerson, etc. write their tell-alls after the Trumptanic smashes into the bottom of the sea.

"France tries to ban muslims wearing veils"
"Lift that veil so we can see what your wife looks like."
LOL poo poo and camel loving.
Also, nice restraint on omitting the baguette.

This is titled "Terrorism/daesh". I guess I'm not up to speed on the Moai/ISIS connection. Looks more like a whimsical Father's Day card.

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 13, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Sandpuppy posted:

I'd be amazed if French traffic signs looked like NYC ones fed through google translate.

I'd be especially amazed if the No Parking sign was designed to be read when traveling in the opposite direction of traffic, holy poo poo.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

yeah branco this is how you hold a book and that is how arms work

how are people who draw for a living so bad at basics of drawing such as perspective and anatomy

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

yeah branco this is how you hold a book and that is how arms work

how are people who draw for a living so bad at basics of drawing such as perspective and anatomy

You aren't a horrifying freak with your thumbs on the outside?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 14, 1995)

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The only cartoons Mr. "Focus on the REAL Issues" does anymore are just whines about the Democratic Party.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

xthetenth posted:

You aren't a horrifying freak with your thumbs on the outside?
He's holding up the book with two arms, as if he was just reading it, but is now showing you what's on the front. The only fingers you see are ones on his left hand.

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

So, in case you haven't been following Finnish political drama (for some reason), True Finns elected a way far-right new leader, were kicked out of the government by the centre-right, it looked like the government was collapsing but then about a half of their group broke away to form a new pro-government group.

True Finns' cartoonist Kalle Erkkilä, who you might remember for the racist and homophobic cartoons I've posted previously, has reacted to this in the following moderate manner, in his blog (TFs have yet to publish this):

Big word in the background: TREASON, speech bubble: "Hey, I'm Judas", white text: "EU integration henchmen, ie. the Judases of Finland:" The red text is a list of the breakaway MPs.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Shangri-Law School posted:

The only cartoons Mr. "Focus on the REAL Issues" does anymore are just whines about the Democratic Party.

Is this an alternate universe Todd Rule who doesn't draw geometrically impossible nightmares? No "benghazi" or "emails" signposts to indicate the cartoonist is a republican.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Heh, I see Google Translate or other machine translation being used here. The cyrillic phrase "Grad Satana" means "hail of Satan", but hail as in sleet.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Flipperwaldt posted:

He's holding up the book with two arms, as if he was just reading it, but is now showing you what's on the front. The only fingers you see are ones on his left hand.

Oh. Okay. That means the pose is contorted all wrong but I guess it's a bad job of something that could make sense if done decently.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

literally

But from the wife-beater instead of the drunk-driver.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wonder if conservative cartoonist will continue the "It's just a nothing burger" for Sessions testimony if anything damning comes out.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

"Vive Charles Martel"
So the guys an unrepentant fascist right?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Not sure what the blue aardvark is supposed to represent.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Nenonen posted:

Heh, I see Google Translate or other machine translation being used here. The cyrillic phrase "Grad Satana" means "hail of Satan", but hail as in sleet.
Huh. I assumed it was "Satan City" for some reason.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Huh. I assumed it was "Satan City" for some reason.

Gorod is city, and in place names is shortened to grad ala Stalingrad.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

"Une manière" :laffo:
That's a translation of "one way" as in "that's one way to do it", not as "you can only go down this street in this direction".

Never understood the poodle stereotype, those are deemed to be dogs for grandmothers or hairdressers and everyone knows they come from Germany anyway ("Pudelhund").

xthetenth posted:

I'd be amazed if French traffic signs looked like NYC ones fed through google translate.

I'd be especially amazed if the No Parking sign was designed to be read when traveling in the opposite direction of traffic, holy poo poo.

The equivalent of the "one way" traffic sign is just a white arrow on a blue background. Like here and it's called "sens unique". The "no parking" sign is a stricken red circle with a blue background, like here, and the phrase when spelled out is "stationnement interdit".

Schizotek posted:

"Vive Charles Martel"
So the guys an unrepentant fascist right?

Delonas? Yes. At the very least, he is deeply racist.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

"Une manière" :laffo:
That's a translation of "one way" as in "that's one way to do it", not as "you can only go down this street in this direction".

Not to mention that you could simply use the internet to look up what street signs and police uniforms look like.

quote:

Never understood the poodle stereotype, those are deemed to be dogs for grandmothers or hairdressers and everyone knows they come from Germany anyway ("Pudelhund").

This claims that the breed originated in France as a descendant of the Barbet, even if the English name comes from German.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Trumpy! No!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

The equivalent of the "one way" traffic sign is just a white arrow on a blue background. Like here and it's called "sens unique". The "no parking" sign is a stricken red circle with a blue background, like here, and the phrase when spelled out is "stationnement interdit".

Yeah, the stricken circle for no parking is semi-common in the US. It's just hilarious how very New York those signs are combined, let alone that he put the no parking sign on the wrong side of the pole.

This is a man who hates people for doing things differently to him and he can't even imagine that some things aren't universal constants.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

I'm the list of "real issues" repeated three times to make them look bigger.

Edit: vvvvv

Jurgan posted:

I don't get this one either. So, the Democrat is trying to distract the people from the issues they support?

Mike Flugennock is an edge-lord who thinks both parties are equally bad on all subjects at all times. Sort of like Ted Rall, if Rall could draw and got all his politics from Occupy.

Tobermory fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 13, 2017

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

So, the witch-hunters are the good guys in this version? A rare miss for Bolling.

I don't get this one either. So, the Democrat is trying to distract the people from the issues they support?

Also, if I had the time and skills, I'd replace the background with the lyrics of "We Didn't Start the Fire."

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I like how the cartoonist just plain runs out of things a third of the way into his list and so just obviously copy and pastes it to fill the space

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Stefu posted:

So, in case you haven't been following Finnish political drama (for some reason), True Finns elected a way far-right new leader, were kicked out of the government by the centre-right, it looked like the government was collapsing but then about a half of their group broke away to form a new pro-government group.

True Finns' cartoonist Kalle Erkkilä, who you might remember for the racist and homophobic cartoons I've posted previously, has reacted to this in the following moderate manner, in his blog (TFs have yet to publish this):

Big word in the background: TREASON, speech bubble: "Hey, I'm Judas", white text: "EU integration henchmen, ie. the Judases of Finland:" The red text is a list of the breakaway MPs.

Is that caricature even supposed to resemble any of the ex-butt politicians? Topic-wise it kinda should be Soini, but that thing looks more like a generic racist jew. Soini being the former leader of the party, who last week ranted about Judas and how he wouldn't split off from the party. He split off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Jurgan posted:

So, the witch-hunters are the good guys in this version? A rare miss for Bolling.

Yeah, I get they're just playing off something Trump said, but "actually witches are real this time" is pretty loving stupid. Some of my ancestors got murdered by witch finders in Salem and I don't really find that poo poo funny.

• Locked thread