Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mezzanon posted:

Crucible man, crucible man
doing the things a crucible can
what's he swing for?
It's not important
crucible man

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I actually really like the more frequent WOTC bannings because it gets the mtgfinanciers scrambling. New Ulyanov already down to $6

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chill la Chill posted:

I actually really like the more frequent WOTC bannings because it gets the mtgfinanciers scrambling. New Ulyanov already down to $6

Good. :getin:

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

betting it's like embalm, but makes it indestructible

I was gonna guess indestructible AND hexproof.

LadyThorne
Dec 12, 2005
The lazy

MrBling posted:

do we know what Eternalize does?

Some kind of graveyard Bestow I think.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Hellsau posted:

Abrade seems like it would have been real swell to have in Copter standard.

And Fatal Push and Dissenters Deliverence. Think it could have been safe now.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Give us a 1/1 with Afflict 10

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Mezzanon posted:

I was gonna guess indestructible AND hexproof.

and "can't leave the battlefield"

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So G/B has got to be the best deck now right? It has a good matchup up against vehicles, but first Cat combo was keeping it in check and then to a lesser extent Marvel.

Temur Energy is still a great deck; it has the perfect balance of efficient creatures and ways to deal with walkers / control.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Oh God please let monoblack zombies remain a real deck. :pray:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can I play this with KotR?

E: It recurs Ghost Quarters yes I will play it with KotR :stare:

You can also Green Sun's Zenith to Wasteland lock your opponent.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Chill la Chill posted:

Appropriate, since recent Standard resembles one of those Soviet photos where people keep getting edited out until it's just Stalin.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

suicidesteve posted:

Embalm but with a +1/+1 counter. Known as megaembalm in design.

No +1/+1 counters in Amonkhet block

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

odiv posted:

Wild guess, but embalm without the exile? Could be balanced if done right.

For five mana, you get a 1/1 double striker, from an ability, from card in the graveyard?

That's probably not what it is because that's not balanced.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

80s James Hetfield posted:

Yes please, Destined//Lead go big or go home.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So what's the current U/R hotness list look like?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

For five mana, you get a 1/1 double striker, from an ability, from card in the graveyard?

It's a rare and only 1/1, so it must be something pretty good.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Crucible Man goes in my animar deck BUT WHAT DO I CUT????

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can I play this with KotR?

E: It recurs Ghost Quarters yes I will play it with KotR :stare:

They print an insane card for GWx company decks literally every set now.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

uninverted posted:

They print an insane card for GWx company decks literally every set now.

I mean, but that is absurdly easy to do. Print a 187 creature with cmc ≤ 3. If this is a good creature it could have a home in GW company, even if the card isn't G/W.

Hell, it doesn't even have to be a 187 as Vizier has shown.

So....print a creature with a good ability with cmc ≤ 3.

I'd be more surprised if we DONT see something like that.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Upgrading Lightning Strike with Smelt seems really sweet. Certainly strong in an environment with Heart of Kiran and Gearhulks.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Madmarker posted:

I mean, but that is absurdly easy to do. Print a 187 creature with cmc ≤ 3. If this is a good creature it could have a home in GW company, even if the card isn't G/W.

Hell, it doesn't even have to be a 187 as Vizier has shown.

So....print a creature with a good ability with cmc ≤ 3.

I'd be more surprised if we DONT see something like that.

187?

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Crucible Man looks spicy as hell, and I'm gonna need to get me one of those.

Abrade is...strange. Obviously allowing it to deal damage to players as well might have been too much...I guess you just play it in a red-based control deck or something?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

A creature that when it enters the battlefield, it destroys another creature. Nekrataal was given that nickname in 1997 because 187 is the penal code number for homicide.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Star Man posted:

A creature that when it enters the battlefield, it destroys another creature. Nekrataal was given that nickname in 1997 because 187 is the penal code number for homicide.

Its any ETB creature at this point, but it is a term that originated with Nekrataal because he mercs a dude.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Upgrading Lightning Strike with Smelt seems really sweet. Certainly strong in an environment with Heart of Kiran and Gearhulks.

It's lightning strike with "hit face" replaced with "destroy artifact."

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

It's a rare and only 1/1, so it must be something pretty good.

Fencing Ace was already, well, ace. It's hard to tell what exactly it is with a baseline that high.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Gitrog plus crucible. Hell yeah GB is back baby.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I think the idea is that it reanimates itself, not puts a token into play. Though that'd be relatively underwhelming at 5 mana.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Maybe it permanently gives something doublestrike?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Fencing Ace was already, well, ace. It's hard to tell what exactly it is with a baseline that high.

Tribal Cats with Regal Caracal!

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

suicidesteve posted:

Embalm but with a +1/+1 counter. Known as megaembalm in design.

This is 100% true, 200% megatrue, and 300% going to Save Standard after confidence was shaken by all these bans.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Eternalize is probably the same thing as Bestow but it's from the graveyard instead of your hand and the creature gets exiled once it's unattached.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

80s James Hetfield posted:

Hidetsugu returns...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Maybe Eternalize is something like, You get an emblem that says "All creatures you control get (creature stats+abilities)"

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ThePeavstenator posted:

Eternalize is probably the same thing as Bestow but it's from the graveyard instead of your hand and the creature gets exiled once it's unattached.

i feel like it ought to be something a bit grander than this if a 1/1 double strike is a rare - the 1/1 double strike bestow was an uncommon and graveyard bestow is arguably harder to make use of. it would be one of the weakest game day promos in memory if it was just that.

edit: Anthem effects are too strong if it's going to be on a bunch of lower rarity cards though - i think a one-time team pump is the only scavenge/bestow style effect that puts this at rare but allows for commons/uncommons to exist.

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 13, 2017

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Tales of Woe posted:

i feel like it ought to be something a bit grander than this if a 1/1 double strike is a rare - the 1/1 double strike bestow was an uncommon and graveyard bestow is arguably harder to make use of. it would be one of the weakest game day promos in memory if it was just that.

edit: Anthem effects are too strong if it's going to be on a bunch of lower rarity cards though - i think a one-time team pump is the only scavenge/bestow style effect that puts this at rare but allows for commons/uncommons to exist.

I doubt it's a one-time anything considering the name is "eternalize," but I guess anything's possible.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I mean, I don't want to speculate too much, but the card isn't terribly above rate and the Eternalize cost is quite high, so I assume it's something better than just embalm.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Time to make a company shell with Excavator, KotR, and Azusa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

it would have to have the same text that bestow creatures had to give the enchanted creature the stats and abilities