Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

i just accidentally skipped a load of posts what did i miss?

I don't recall at this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Wowza this is getting heated

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

haljordan posted:

The Uncle Leo gambit!! I bet Sessions steals batteries too.

Senate Intelligence Committee HALLOOOOOOOO!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

"Mr. Sessions did you ever attempt to murder Tom Hanks in the back of an ambulance after he caused a gas leak that blew up your house?"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

haljordan posted:

"Mr. Sessions did you ever attempt to murder Tom Hanks in the back of an ambulance after he caused a gas leak that blew up your house?"

I don't recall this happening. Is it possible that I may have placed a pillow over his face momentarily while being around him? Possibly. But I don't recall this happening.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Man gently caress you Sessions. You are a slimy little poo poo and I hate your face.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is it a straight vote of the committee or the full congress, to hold a witness in contempt?

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

quote:

The legislation was worked out by Sens. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho, and Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, of the Banking Committee, and Sens. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., and Ben Cardin, D-Md., of the Foreign Relations panel.

hehehehe

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

brylcreem posted:

Is it a straight vote of the committee or the full congress, to hold a witness in contempt?

Either way it's not happening. It should since AG Leghorn doesn't have a leg to stand on for his behavior, but it's not going to happen.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don't get it, can people refuse to say anything to do with the President just in case he decides to deny it later?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
remember when sessions was caught lying under oath on tape and nothing happened lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

WHO GIVES A gently caress ABOUT HIS FAMILY

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Oh sure cause that's how it works. Jesus Christ people are so goddamn stupid. The most enduring affect of this whole ridiculous affair is a serious decline in my faith in humanity. Not that it was all that high to begin with but the stupidity we witness every day in this thread it's simply painful

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol Blunt loves to suck off fellow republicans

hmm i wonder why he would do that even though it has nothing to do with this

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

"Senator Blunt, you're next"

Blunt: "Oh Jeffy, how's your wife?"

Time for a bathroom break

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Professor Shark posted:

I don't get it, can people refuse to say anything to do with the President just in case he decides to deny it later?

I think the reason some of the committee members are getting upset is that he really CAN'T. Or rather, the reasons he's stating as to why he can refuse don't really hold water or even exist. The Chairman just made a point to put it on record that someone else in a high ranking position had no issues when it came to this sort of thing. They already accused him of stonewalling them lmao

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Crapo Rep House

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I wonder if this legislation will be vetoed? Or because it had bipartisan support hee won't do it because it'd just make him look even worse

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Play posted:

Oh sure cause that's how it works. Jesus Christ people are so goddamn stupid. The most enduring affect of this whole ridiculous affair is a serious decline in my faith in humanity. Not that it was all that high to begin with but the stupidity we witness every day in this thread it's simply painful

This is the laugh at trump thread and that tweet is definitely a laugh

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Jose posted:

remember when sessions was caught lying under oath on tape and nothing happened lol

And he's lying right now and once they confirm it nothing will happen. Nothing will ever happen to any member of our government.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

haljordan posted:

I truely appreciate this :allears:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

This Blunt guy seems like a real ayehole

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What? Is he pre-actively invoking executive privilege for the president?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

haljordan posted:

That movie was pretty good.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Angus King is dope AF

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

It's the implication of executive privilege you see

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

Congress generally respects "executive privilege", the idea that the president's private conversations should remain private. However, when this privilege has been been broken by other people being there, discussion of the group's criminal activities, or the president himself talks about to the public, then executive privilege doesn't apply.

Oh, and here we go with people pointing out directly that Sessions is in contempt of congress.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Sessions legit seems too senile to be...whatever he's supposed to be, I forget.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Avirosb posted:

Sessions legit seems too senile to be...whatever he's supposed to be, I forget.

he is extremely not senile which is scary as gently caress

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Inept posted:

It's the implication of executive privilege you see

*Dennis voice* The implication, you see....

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

brylcreem posted:

What? Is he pre-actively invoking executive privilege for the president?

it's a complete game for the media to blare headlines that trump invoked it, and the fact that some of you fall for the theatrics doesn't surprise me at all. Of course 8 years of Obama's complete scandal free administration has sheltered many of you in these types of processes and games.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hahaha

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mnoba posted:

it's a complete game for the media to blare headlines that trump invoked it, and the fact that some of you fall for the theatrics doesn't surprise me at all. Of course 8 years of Obama's complete scandal free administration has sheltered many of you in these types of processes and games.

your silent majority av is by far the best

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lol this guy reminds me of me when I'm lying

lying badly

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Jose posted:

your silent majority av is by far the best

ty, i am truly blessed

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lol yea sessions can't WAIT to give up everything he knows

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
What was fox complaining about Obama at this point? The color of his tie?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Efexeye posted:

he is extremely not senile which is scary as gently caress

He's smiling his face off. There is a thing called "Dupers Delight" which is probably what's going on. He's loves that he's able to lie his rear end off and get away with it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a ridiculous amount of owrk went into it whoever is making them is real skilled and should won up and make an av thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

JaucheCharly posted:

What was fox complaining about Obama at this point? The color of his tie?

mustard on a burger