Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

p-hop posted:

Outside of %HP damage and chain stuns, what can you do against a good Cho'Gall in QM? I was shocked how mobile he is when played well. I guess -%armor talents would help, anything else?

Wait until they get cocky from walking over you and over commit.

Basically nothing you have to really out play them. Depending on the map you can try to constantly push lanes and exploit their missing body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
calling it now, they're going to roll malth's level 13 "gain armor for each person you have death mark on" into his AoE death mark ult

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spudd posted:

Yeah nah I'll wait for official release of his talents, people are really bad at game mechanics and coming up with ideas on how Kel'thuzad would work.

Spudd posted:

I'll still wait, the fact that there is another mortal strike effect in there screams to me that it's not 100% on the ball, especially at level 7.

:thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

First impressions of Mally is that he's balanced or even possibly slightly underpowered. He's a good slugger but the utter lack of burst hurts. I suppose he's a good backup plan if you went double burst for your first two assassins. He's fairly beefy, nearly pre-rework Thrall tier of resilience. Haven't tried the new Thrall yet.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

How much does the golden treasure goblin mount cost?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
trip report: malthael is utterly unable to do a goddamn thing against our fishlord and savior, murky

mgmglrmlrmglrmlgmrgl

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

grumplestiltzkin posted:

trip report: malthael is utterly unable to do a goddamn thing against our fishlord and savior, murky

mgmglrmlrmglrmlgmrgl

What do we say to the god of death?

mgmglrmlrmglrmlgmrgl!!!!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I saved up like 40 boxes this week in hopes of getting some of the Diablo stuff. Didn't get any but I did get 4 legendaries... Including Gazlowe, Murky, and Brightwing announcers. Cool I guess.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So what's going on when I get booted from the game and stuck on authentication when trying to get back in, but have no issues with any other blizzard games or battle.net?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tender Bender posted:

I saved up like 40 boxes this week in hopes of getting some of the Diablo stuff. Didn't get any but I did get 4 legendaries... Including Gazlowe, Murky, and Brightwing announcers. Cool I guess.

:stare:

So, literally the three best announcers.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

did HOTS just die?

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

So what's going on when I get booted from the game and stuck on authentication when trying to get back in, but have no issues with any other blizzard games or battle.net?

same, can't log back in

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Abathur is also great! But yeah, I'm jealous.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Obligatory I Just Got Malthael From A Box post. I only saved up five boxes from the last few days and rerolled a couple of times each. I haven't pulled a hero for a long time and I already own all the heroes so when you roll a new hero I wonder if it's weighted towards giving you ones you don't own? I'm guessing random event is random, but maybe the reddit intelligentsia has some actual data on this (damned if I'm going to search for it though).

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kalko posted:

I haven't pulled a hero for a long time and I already own all the heroes so when you roll a new hero I wonder if it's weighted towards giving you ones you don't own? I'm guessing random event is random, but maybe the reddit intelligentsia has some actual data on this (damned if I'm going to search for it though).

IIRC the official memo from Blizz back when 2.0 was announced was that it would be slightly weighted towards new poo poo for you. You're right that reddit probably has a spreadsheet confirming this and potentially quantifying the effect, but :effort:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Can we send Blackheart Bay back to the Nexus toilet

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Can we send Blackheart Bay back to the Nexus toilet

Dragon Shire and Blackheart Bay are back in the rotation, what got dropped? Looking at the list it's uh.. Haunted Mines and Warhead Junction?

Anything I'm forgetting?

I'm totally happy with that trade. Hopefully they make some improvements to Hanamura and then I'd be totally happy.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mierenneuker posted:

How much does the golden treasure goblin mount cost?

10k golds.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

BrianBoitano posted:

IIRC the official memo from Blizz back when 2.0 was announced was that it would be slightly weighted towards new poo poo for you. You're right that reddit probably has a spreadsheet confirming this and potentially quantifying the effect, but :effort:

Seeing as I've gotten 3 Genjis from Loot Chests (after I bought him) I'm gonna call that BS.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Belzac posted:

Seeing as I've gotten 3 Genjis from Loot Chests (after I bought him) I'm gonna call that BS.

I mean it might be slightly weighted or whatever, but I've had I think 15 or so heroes rolled (including all of my legendary boxes from 2.0's launch and the guaranteed one from that pack from a bit ago) and only 3 have been non-duplicates. 2 of the 3 new dudes were 10k heroes though. The last was azmo.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

To add my anecdotal data the last 5 heroes I've opened have been duplicates.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Abathur is also great! But yeah, I'm jealous.

Lol thanks for the reassurance. Gazlowe is great but haven't gotten to try the others yet!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Brightwing one depends on how much you like Brightwing's particular brand of adorable sociopathy. I love it, for what it's worth.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Oh my god, Malthael has the best dance. :allears:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

You know I said a few posts down from that I didn't realise Valeera had Wounding Poison at 4 right or are you just being a picky bitch today?

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Gustav posted:

Well I don't work at Blizzard, but I've gone 8-2 in placements, and I've gone 2-8, and in both cases I ended up exactly where I started plus/minus about 6 wins worth so I'm pretty sure. If there is a modifier it must be very small.

Do we have anyone in this thread who was Gold 4 and went 8-2 in placements and got put in Plat 3 or anything even remotely like that?

Many seasons ago I did go from low Gold to mid Plat with placements.

I also saw pretty big swings in the rank of those I was playing against in placements this season as well. Generally everyone in my games would only have a variance of like 1 rank, so I started around Plat 3 then won a few games and saw mostly Diamond 5's, then lost a couple and saw all Plat 2's, etc... It seemed (for me at least) every win/loss was bumping the rank of the people I was being matched with by about 1.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
I did it, I played a game so poorly that the little popup after the match couldn't think of anything positive to say!
(If any goons were in a game with a bad Nova recently I profusely apologize I am bad at this game)

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...
Was anyone else having issues with Blizzard not working earlier? A match I was in froze and I waited for like 10 minutes to reconnect before leaving it and then seeing Blizzard having connection issues.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Tender Bender posted:

anecdotal data

Yeah nothing in the Blizz post said anything about the magnitude of the weighting effect, so they very well might tip the RNG in your favor to some degree but poo poo will still happen, especially if you own a good deal of the hero pool anyhow, but even if you don't.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Nah garrosh is going to get the cool warrior kit that doesn't cause people to complain about him in quick match to this day.

Perhaps a whirling axe, and an ult that resets on kills...

Make one of his ult choices Axe's, and the other choice Darius'. :v:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah nothing in the Blizz post said anything about the magnitude of the weighting effect, so they very well might tip the RNG in your favor to some degree but poo poo will still happen, especially if you own a good deal of the hero pool anyhow, but even if you don't.

Or it could be just a mis-characterization of the fact that when 2.0 launched most people didn't own most products so most of the time you'd be getting new things.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Nah garrosh is going to get the cool warrior kit that doesn't cause people to complain about him in quick match to this day.

Perhaps a whirling axe, and an ult that resets on kills...

Giving him Darius' exact kit would totally fit him as a character tbh.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Giving him Darius' exact kit would totally fit him as a character tbh.

Today I learned what the League of Legends copy of Axe is called.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Nazeebo's best build is spiders, right?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Yukari posted:

Nazeebo's only build is spiders, right?

Fixed

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

For naz build chat, look back 1 (?) page.

I'm down to just 5 days of stim packs. The 2.0 experience honeymoon is almost over :(

e:

So. I had time for 1 quick AI game before bed, yeah? 5 goons vs AI started on Dragon Shire. Around minute 3 of the game, I notice that we were getting killed. We had wound up with Elite opponents. At minute 4, I suggested we remake, since we'd probably not finish by minute 10. We decided gently caress it, we'll just play it out, yeah?

Many pushes mid were met with swift coordinated defense.

By 16:45, we got their core to 1% and got wiped.

By 18:25 we core rushed and died before we were able to kill the shield :suicide:

19:00 they got Dragon, but mercifully none of their team pushed with it so we killed it and the Nova pilot on our core.

We finally won at 20:37.

It was honestly the most fun I've had in HotS in a long time :v:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 14, 2017

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm down to just 5 days of stim packs. The 2.0 experience honeymoon is almost over :(

I started playing at 2.0 launch, and got 14 days worth of stimpacks. Ran dry and hadn't seen one since. When the 2 year anniversary event started I got almost 30 days' worth of stim packs, just back to back from every single chest.

I have also gotten about 3 copies each of Gazlowe, Azmodan, and Nazeebo from chests. The first Gaz was the only one I didn't already own.

RNG is weird.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So today I learned that a freshly installed HotS is just over 9GB, why is this so interesting? It's not, but my folder was apparently 26GBs after today's Malthael patch, does Blizzard not clean up old files or something?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Change not in patch notes: Tychus minigun quest now shows stacks in UI.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Where's all the extra size? Almost everything should be in the HeroesData/data folder.

I tried Alarak today and was having a hard time with the lightning talent quest. What counts as the "middle" of the lightning? Is that really just saying the actual target doesn't count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I tried him out today as well, and yes. When you pick a target a line forms between you and your target, the center is that line between the two of you.