Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

No one is going nuts here, buddy.

you're quite literally going salty baby nuts about not having a training mode when the only training you need is drop school until you understand the gunplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Carebearz posted:

Ah yes, the "I have a job and real life/passions" argument that pops up when someone calls you on your whining about sucking at the game. Stop shitposting and either post more about the game or just unbookmark the thread, tia.

I play just fine, dude. I go from top 100-500 in solo. Also, I'm not the one meta posting about others posts.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
There is no shortcut to getting good at the game. People get good by playing it over and over and over again. Using a gun range isn't some multiplier to your imaginary PUBG skill bar, especially since twitch skill is only half of the game at best. Using cover and awareness is going to improve your chances a shitton more than shooting some bots.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

There is no shortcut to getting good at the game. People get good by playing it over and over and over again. Using a gun range isn't some multiplier to your imaginary PUBG skill bar, especially since twitch skill is only half of the game at best. Using cover and awareness is going to improve your chances a shitton more than shooting some bots.

Practice is now a shortcut to getting good. Amazing! Someone let Karl Malone he needs to stop practicing and play more games.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
That's exactly what you're asking for though. You want to be as good as streamers who play the game 12 hours a day without putting in that kind of time. And you are for some reason convinced that custom servers are the secret formula they are using to get that skilled.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Practice is now a shortcut to getting good. Amazing! Someone let Karl Malone he needs to stop practicing and play more games.

You are so dense you bend the light around you

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Sometimes I like to play this game and try really hard to win, sometimes I like to try really hard to kill a bunch of folks, sometimes I like to gently caress around. This shouldn't make goons mad.

My current drop zone is the bunker in the main Southeast map quarter, it's a fun place to get guns and pretend you're playing counterstrike.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

That's exactly what you're asking for though. You want to be as good as streamers who play the game 12 hours a day without putting in that kind of time. And you are for some reason convinced that custom servers are the secret formula they are using to get that skilled.

I didn't realize "I don't care about stats dude, I want to play at my peak performance and that requires a high return on investment from practicing small units of skill." ACTUALLY means "I want to be like grimmz with 5 minutes of playtime". My complaint was that bluehole gives this asymmetrical advantage to streamers, and puts everyone else on the back burner.

Whatever, I'm done.

Shockules
May 2, 2017
How dare a video game company reward people who invest time into them and promote their game!

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Yeah, because until streamers came to be, no games were ever popular or marketed. Thank God For Streamers.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

Who would watch a streamer who was bad at the game? I watch to learn and to be entertained. Bad players are not entertaining.

This is the wrongest post ever.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Whatever, I'm done.

Yeah, because until streamers came to be, no games were ever popular or marketed. Thank God For Streamers.

lol

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Jesus loving christ is he still whining about this 4 pages later

Shockules
May 2, 2017
There used to be a fairly popular stream for bronze games on league of legends, where they would just pick a random game with really bad players and spectate it. That poo poo was amazing to watch.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
all you have to do to be good at this game is shoot a wall for an hour a day then you win

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I didn't realize "I don't care about stats dude, I want to play at my peak performance and that requires a high return on investment from practicing small units of skill." ACTUALLY means "I want to be like grimmz with 5 minutes of playtime". My complaint was that bluehole gives this asymmetrical advantage to streamers, and puts everyone else on the back burner.

Whatever, I'm done.

Streamers aren't using custom servers to get good. They are good because they play a lot. They can't give custom servers to everyone because they have limited resources, and are currently working on overhauling their networking code because it's early access. Giving access to streamers only has the advantage of making sure people cant make a million servers with 2 people each, and also promotes their game when people stream Find Waldo gimmick matches or whatever. I am not a praying man but I hope that one day you will understand this and reach peace.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

How dare a company reward someone who is giving them free publicity? How DARE they do what they want with their own game, even knowing full well it creates this tiny epsilon of an unlevel playing field in a game that has no competition outside of leaderboards which are worth absolutely nothing.

HOW DARE YOU BLUEHOLE

[img-simcity-guy saying "you can't partner with streamers bluehole"]

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

They can't give custom servers to everyone because they have limited resource
So instead of having some lightweight servers with one player, lets give streamers access to custom servers so they can fill them up with 100 players playing zombie mode, genius!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

So instead of having some lightweight servers with one player, lets give streamers access to custom servers so they can fill them up with 100 players playing zombie mode, genius!

I thought you said you were done?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

How dare streamers give players a fun, stress-free environment to play the game in

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

This is an excellent idea. Please tweet at the PUBG twitter account that they should use "lightweight" servers.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
So after watching enough Murder Island streams on Giant Bomb, I finally bit the bullet and got this game. Really fun so far, though it's not too hard to regularly get into the top 20-30.

Anything I should know, as a newbie? It seems to play like a standard FPS, nothing out of the ordinary. I hate the aim-down-sight versus hip-fire feature, is there any way to disable it? I just want standard ADS on right click.

Also, how do I find goons to play with? Please add me! My Steam profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IllegalCarrot/

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GOD loving DAMMIT

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/874691459886100480

loving PUBBIES :argh:

e;fb

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Look, I don't think you NERDS get it. I have a job, I'm a top 100-500 player and I need to practice my shitposting.

Look at this graph. LOOK AT IT. My trolling potential is extremely inefficient.

Lowtax, I demand you open up the ability to make subforums for ALL POSTERS, not just admins.

Admins can shitpost on a private subforum ALL DAY and to me, a card carrying goon, that's just not fair.

I'm loving done, I'm out. (after I selectively reply for the next 5 pages)

Daeno fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 13, 2017

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Shockules posted:

There used to be a fairly popular stream for bronze games on league of legends, where they would just pick a random game with really bad players and spectate it. That poo poo was amazing to watch.

LagTV did this for starcraft 2. They made up wood league for games that were terrible even compared to bronze league.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

literally this big posted:

So after watching enough Murder Island streams on Giant Bomb, I finally bit the bullet and got this game. Really fun so far, though it's not too hard to regularly get into the top 20-30.

Anything I should know, as a newbie? It seems to play like a standard FPS, nothing out of the ordinary. I hate the aim-down-sight versus hip-fire feature, is there any way to disable it? I just want standard ADS on right click.

Also, how do I find goons to play with? Please add me! My Steam profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IllegalCarrot/

right click and hold is the aim down over your shoulder while a regular right click uses your iron sights or optics

there is zero bullet penetration so if you're fighting on stairs the wooden railings will stop bullets

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Absent the ability to meaningfully train in this game, you will never be able to develop your body and mind into the razor-sharp blade needed to carve your place at the top. You will never have fun, despite what others say. They are wrong.

There's more than a few discord channels out there that have goons playing in them; just pop on in and someone will be happy to play with you. My username is PantslessWithWolves, I'd be happy to play with you at some point.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

It's hold RMouse to shoulder fire, single click to ADS.

If you want to play with people join the discord in the OP.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"The Zombies will not be part of the main game mode and will only be added after we have spent more time working on the core Battle Royale mode."

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Tapping right click should give you real ADS, holding it does the hybrid poo poo. Most of this game is common sense - running out in the open is fast but not ideal. Stick to the shadows and you can get more kills from people just booking it randomly. There are hotspots on the map that people like to drop on (school, military base, container yard, bunker, etc), recognize these and understand that dropping there is a different style of gameplay (you may die immediately but if you conquer your hotspot you'll end up with awesome loot). Aiming/shooting while prone is not worth the trouble unless you happen to be on a rooftop or something where you have the high ground.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Whatever, I'm done.

you should have been done about three pages ago, but you kept on bitching

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

PantsBandit posted:

"The Zombies will not be part of the main game mode and will only be added after we have spent more time working on the core Battle Royale mode."

They probably did the mo-cap for zombie take downs while they were doing vaulting/climbing, and announced it during E3 to get coverage and hype to go with the Xbox announcement.

gently caress zombies, though.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress off, zombie mode.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Taking the murder island streams as an example of What Not To Do, some key points are:

-Use third person to look around corners, always. It is a massive advantage to be able to see someone coming without exposing yourself. It's good for checking rooms for campers, for seeing if that guy at the next tree is gonna rush you, whenever.
-Foliage does not hide you from snipers because it doesnt render past like 150m away. Only go prone if it physically puts cover between you and your attackers.
-Motorcycles are beautiful alluring deathtraps and will kill you when you hit a tiny bump
-Early on, you want to generally be well ahead of the blue circle. Try to not spend ages looting only to be fleeing from the blue by inches. Heading to the center of the white circle when it appears is not a bad idea. When they start getting real small it can be good to stick to the outside though.
-Don't mercilessly gun down your teammates like one V. Caravella

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Cicadalek posted:

-Don't mercilessly gun down your teammates like one V. Caravella
Addition through subtraction.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Honestly, I kind of like the idea of Murder Island slowly turning into some Hunger Games poo poo, with new and inventive ways to kill you every season. Drop into a game and you don't know if you'll be dodging artillery shells, or running from hordes of zombies, or something else altogether. Perhaps keep a classic Battle Royale mode around for the purists / tournaments, but otherwise I like the idea of having to adapt to a new and novel gimmick each time.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So, zombies, whatever, that might be cool to play for a break from time to time. What you should really be concerned about is;

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/874700647618170881

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Only because some posters are hard headed. Let me quote this unironic gem: "You're not gonna run out of ammo."

Don't take it out of context. What I said was that if you drop in the earliest high-density area, you die or win before you run out of things that go bang.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Orv posted:

So, zombies, whatever, that might be cool to play for a break from time to time. What you should really be concerned about is;

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/874700647618170881

I'm not concerned as much as I am relieved that they got lit up on twitter and realized hey wow maybe we should keep things closer to our chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The m16 with burst is probably my fav short range gun because two clicks center mass equals dead dude.

• Locked thread