Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I defeated amibo by never starting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've kept it down to samus and samus so far but now I need samus

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

holy flipflops I'm going to finally actually finish that trilogy

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

And I'm going to make out like a bandit because I get to sell 3 pricey PS2 games.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

To be fair "the people your working for are secretly evil" is a pretty big part of Alien

well, I wouldn't say they're "secretly" evil, they're pretty loving open about it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Rewatching the new Wolfenstein trailer, has there ever been another game with a pregnant woman kicking rear end in it?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

Rewatching the new Wolfenstein trailer, has there ever been another game with a pregnant woman kicking rear end in it?

Alien3

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Guy Mann posted:

Silent Hill 3

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Metroid. Ican't say I'm hyped for a title alone, need gameplay footage.

Watching Giant Bomb react to Mario was my E3 highlight.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Metroid games should not have more words beyond "Morph Ball Acquired"

Scanning stuff in the prime games is cool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ehhhhhh

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean whatever you think about the scanning, the fact that it's mostly optional except for gates is great.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What if there was a Metroid text adventure

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It is pitch black. Please turn on your heat visor to detect and shoot the grue.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
>use heat visor
You don't have permission from Adam to do that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Metroid. Ican't say I'm hyped for a title alone, need gameplay footage.

Watching Giant Bomb react to Mario was my E3 highlight.

It was pretty great. Entire conference it was like "unimpressed, what, never cared that much about the series" and all of a sudden it was an explosion of joy and confusion.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

beep boop
scan complete
poster jay rust
holds poor opinion on scanning in metroid

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

haveblue posted:

Silent Hill 3

Haha, best answer.

Phantasium posted:

I mean whatever you think about the scanning, the fact that it's mostly optional except for gates is great.

Yeah, re-playing Metroid Prime recently the scanning stuff didn't hold up as well as I hoped it would (there's way too much of it and its all written in the same voice) but it sure beats the hell out of having an auto-updating codex in your menu with constant pop-ups and a flashing icon on your menu that you can never clear away fast enough.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Notification icons are the devil. Like, you have to mark everything read to get rid of them in games that use them extensively. Just give me a "mark all read" like any normal application that uses them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I care about the intricate lore behind scanning MISSILE LOCK DOOR

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I care about the intricate lore behind scanning MISSILE LOCK DOOR

This but unironically

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"It could've been worse I guess" is one way to describe Prime's scanning visor, sure

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also congrats to the Splatoon 2 World Champions and proud bearers of the Sterling Squid, Team Deadbeat of USA

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/socksybear/status/874767706716852224

Comments for salt. As a big MH fan who has a 3DS and a PS4, I am totally fine with a next gen Monster Hunter. X was really good but it was time for a shake-up.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

I defeated amibo by never starting

This is wise

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jay Rust posted:

Metroid games should not have more words beyond "Morph Ball Acquired"

People seem to forget that Super Metroid had a an unskippable monologue outlining the story so far the moment you start the game and it actually owned.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Mak0rz posted:

People seem to forget that Super Metroid had a an unskippable monologue outlining the story so far the moment you start the game and it actually owned.

It was very unrealistic that one action could actually set the whole galaxy at peace.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mak0rz posted:

The last metroid is in captivity.

The galaxy is at peace.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should make a whole game of metroid prime scanning without combat. and ghosts are there too

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The scanning let you read computers of the evil pirate monsters to find out that enough of them tried to keep pets that a company-wide notification went out saying that pets would be killed on sight; for this, it is wonderful.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a game of metroid prime scanning but also pokemon snap. hah. yes...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

a game of metroid prime scanning but also pokemon snap. hah. yes...

The perfect game...

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

oddium posted:

they should make a whole game of metroid prime scanning without combat. and ghosts are there too

fatal frame already exists though

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Saint Freak posted:

It was very unrealistic that one action could actually set the whole galaxy at peace.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The last metroid is in captivity.

The galaxy is at peace.

idk if you guys think this is what I meant or not. just so we're clear, I wasn't talking about the "last metroid" text

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

bloodychill posted:

Comments for salt. As a big MH fan who has a 3DS and a PS4, I am totally fine with a next gen Monster Hunter. X was really good but it was time for a shake-up.

The salt is me

At least the Switch is region free I guess :suicide:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Welp, that's it then, Nintendo is literally doomed.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pigbuster posted:

The scanning let you read computers of the evil pirate monsters to find out that enough of them tried to keep pets that a company-wide notification went out saying that pets would be killed on sight; for this, it is wonderful.

Also the space pirates' failed attempts at replicating Samus' morph ball crushing all their test subjects.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Grapplejack posted:

Welp, that's it then, Nintendo is literally doomed.

how the heck are they gonna wiggle outta this one!!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

It was pretty great. Entire conference it was like "unimpressed, what, never cared that much about the series" and all of a sudden it was an explosion of joy and confusion.

I did not see this. What's the big deal with the new Mario? Besides New Donk City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

I did not see this. What's the big deal with the new Mario?

The hat let's you possess like everything in the world. It's insane. Like you throw that hat a goomba and now you're a goomba. Also just a bunch of small ridiculous poo poo like a world full of realistic dinosaurs, mario scaling a tower as 8-bit Mario and Bowser in a tux.

• Locked thread