Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

baram. posted:

what does the force band do?

i bought horizon zero dawn, nioh, and preordered ff12 zodiac age.

It lets you trick your kids into thinking they're Jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

SEKCobra posted:

Details, please! Is it just because you can use a different carrier or is it something far more asinine?

I mean that's literally it. The 300lb mark just puts it in a different weight class for DHL. It's really strange because two boxes at 200lbs are $1,000 more to ship than three boxes at 300lbs. It's still 100lbs per box, all of them are the same size.

UPS and FedEx are more expensive, USPS won't touch it. Fortunately there customers are cool with it, they thought it was funny and they're getting free dumbbells.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Sexual Lorax posted:

As someone whose knowledge of Irish Whiskey starts with Jameson and goes all the way up to Jameson, please tell me what you dig more about this. I likes me some brown liquor, and I appreciate reviews from actual people.

I don't know how to describe booze other than "oh this has a lot of hops" it but I've just tried most of the popular whiskeys under $40 and Tullamore Dew just has a nice taste.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Nephzinho posted:

It lets you trick a 36 year old man into thinking they're Jedi.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

NewFatMike posted:

I mean that's literally it. The 300lb mark just puts it in a different weight class for DHL. It's really strange because two boxes at 200lbs are $1,000 more to ship than three boxes at 300lbs. It's still 100lbs per box, all of them are the same size.

UPS and FedEx are more expensive, USPS won't touch it. Fortunately there customers are cool with it, they thought it was funny and they're getting free dumbbells.

Well if you split it into 3 boxes, did it also reduce size? Because item size is a huge factor in shipping, much more so than weight. Generally, lots of small items is way cheaper than one large/heavy object.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

colas posted:

I don't know how to describe booze other than "oh this has a lot of hops" it but I've just tried most of the popular whiskeys under $40 and Tullamore Dew just has a nice taste.
Have you tried the hilariously named and also quite tasty Bushmills "Black Bush?" It is cheap, smooth, and amazingly easy to drink neat or with an ice cube or a lil bit of water. poo poo is boss.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

betterinsodapop posted:

Have you tried the hilariously named and also quite tasty Bushmills "Black Bush?" It is cheap, smooth, and amazingly easy to drink neat or with an ice cube or a lil bit of water. poo poo is boss.

Everything in this sentence is exactly correct.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Go buy a bottle of everything and sit down to compare:

Normal teir: Jameson, Bushmills, Tullamore Dew, Teeling (I forget if this one is higher priced.)
Above the baseline: Jameson <something fancy>, Bushmills blackbush, Redbreast

It's all delicious. Add a little splash of water (5-10% by volume) and try them all out.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Get a bottle of Powers and put some red hair on your chest.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

SEKCobra posted:

Well if you split it into 3 boxes, did it also reduce size? Because item size is a huge factor in shipping, much more so than weight. Generally, lots of small items is way cheaper than one large/heavy object.

Nah, DHL go by weight or displacement, whichever is higher. I ship metal parts which is way way more than the displacement rate.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Other than Johnnie Walker Black Label, what's an easy-to-find whiskey that was active in the 1940s? I need it for a thing.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's harder to find one that wasn't active in the 40s.

Wild Turkey.
Jim Beam.
Jack Daniel's.
Black Label/Black Velvet.
Southern Comfort.
etc.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Is Southern Comfort a whiskey?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

colas posted:

It's similar but no. Pretty sure unlike whiskey, SoCo is not barrel aged, and instead they add flavorings like vanilla and cinnamon to give it a whiskey-like flavor.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

colas posted:

No, whiskey flavoured liqueur.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Try as I might, I cannot like Jammeson. Even the bottle of 18 year tasted awful to me.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Just picked up one of these to keep in my glove box.

For protection.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

colas posted:

I can't tell Whisky/Bourbon/Scotch* apart. It all just "Yep, tastes like whisky" and I don't like it.

*If it is really loving peaty, like a Laphroaig, I can tell, and I like it. Tastes like the way wet moss thrown onto a campfire smells.

To add to that, Crown Royal was active in the 40s, but didn't see much dist in America until the early 60s I don't think.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Other than Johnnie Walker Black Label, what's an easy-to-find whiskey that was active in the 1940s? I need it for a thing.

Heck you can still buy whisky made in the 40's. (I mean, not much of it, but it's available at collectors. Most of it doesn't taste good compared to modern techniques.)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Watch yo profamity!

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Everything in this sentence is exactly correct.
:cheers:
Every time I think about buying a bottle of Redbreast or Powers...I can't pull the trigger, and end up buying Black Bush instead.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Clontarf is a really good Irish Whiskey too if you want to branch out. They also make a really good single malt Irish Whiskey but I don't think it's available in the US.

Leon Black
Sep 2, 2004

Say whaaaat?
Just picked up a "bottle" of "whiskey" myself as it happens.

Goes down smoooth

Only registered members can see post attachments!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

"Best before Dec. 2012."

Also appears not to be guaranteed not to cause blindness.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

Also great at stripping oil stains from your driveway.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Adidas St. Petersburg's. They're Gore-Tex treated so theoretically they'll be good to wear in the winter.

Found something at GeekCraft this weekend to accurately express my feelings in the morning.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Two new pairs of shoes, because I'm an addict:

Onitsuka Tiger Vickka Moscow.

German Army trainers. The surplus ones for $40 shipped, not the $460 replicas people buy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Bought some pork belly from a local farm and made burnt ends. Served with creamy cauliflower and fried okra. Fantastic.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bottom Liner posted:

Bought some pork belly from a local farm and made burnt ends. Served with creamy cauliflower and fried okra. Fantastic.

I've always heard of pork burnt ends being from the butt -- does the belly render out fully enough? That's very interesting!

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

PYF Recent Purchases: It wasn't even a kilo, Jesus Christ

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Since shoes are a thing we post now:

Joe Rocket Ballistic boots. My previous pair of boots is ten years old at this point and I wanted a new pair.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

German Army trainers. The surplus ones for $40 shipped, not the $460 replicas people buy.
Where'd you find these?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Leon Black posted:

Just picked up a "bottle" of "whiskey" myself as it happens.

Goes down smoooth

Pls don't troll we're all familiar with this photo

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

chitoryu12 posted:

Two new pairs of shoes, because I'm an addict:

Onitsuka Tiger Vickka Moscow.

Those are slick.

Buy more.

One Day Fish Sale
Aug 28, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Forum Hussy posted:

Where'd you find these?

Guessing: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/german-army-trainer-shoes-gat-military-surplus-like-new?a=2051741

chitoryu12, report back. I'm curious whether you get a nice pair or a trashed one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've been looking for a leather jacket with quilted shoulders for a long time now.
I finally found one but it's from a company that seems to make costumes and I don't think they are legit.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

One Day Fish Sale posted:

Guessing: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/german-army-trainer-shoes-gat-military-surplus-like-new?a=2051741

chitoryu12, report back. I'm curious whether you get a nice pair or a trashed one.

Of course I had to click through since I love milsurp and I just ordered a cozy looking Swedish military blanket for $20.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/new-swedish-military-cotton-blanket?a=644906

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

One Day Fish Sale posted:

The fact that the Italian military has an official slide sandal is... the least surprising thing I've heard this year.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

There was a huge coin convention in Long Beach last weekend, so I picked up a few pieces.

Left one was struck during Alexanders lifetime. Right one, many years later. The difference in size is symbolic of how his legacy grew. Love the countermark on the right one. Many reasons why coins were countermarked like that. It's quite worn, so it definitely passed through many ancient romans hands and pockets.

I'm putting together a series of villainous emperors. The one on the left is Joaquin Phoenix from Gladiator. The emperor on the right, you gotta wikipedia him to read about what he did. Now i'm looking for a reasonably priced Nero, and Caligula.

I got this one because it was big, beautiful, and was a good price since its not an emperor coin.

Trying to learn this stuff. The jewelers loop is good to use so I can pretend I know what i'm doing, while I learn how to attribute coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Android Apocalypse posted:

Found something at GeekCraft this weekend to accurately express my feelings in the morning.

Definitely read this to the tune of Every Morning by Sugar Ray