Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Joe Rogan seems to legitimately miss Goldie and is even promoting his move to Bellator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I'm still mystified that anyone has listened to Goldie and thought 'yes, that man should definitely speak professionally for us'

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

JaySB posted:

I don't think he underestimated his punching power because there's highlight reel knockouts in abundance when it comes to Hunt. He probably just has never been hit that hard before.

coming from a fight with travis downs to someone who can actually feint and set traps probably hosed him up the most in that fight

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mrs. Jones was blind and an amputee as a result of her adult onset diabetes.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Hunt made him work really hard and walked him down non stop and lewis crumpled ubder the prrssure but still avoided getting ko'ed which was commendable

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Does eating ribs stop people from winning fights?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Fs1 is replaying the thing and seeing dan kelly eat that left from brunson still makes me sad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

...and the pitch! posted:

Does eating ribs stop people from winning fights?

no but a hard effort might make you puke. which i suppose is a DQ under the new rules

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

Fs1 is replaying the thing and seeing dan kelly eat that left from brunson still makes me sad

I knew it was gonna happen but that didn't lessen the impact.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Lewis said immediately after the fight that he's been having lower back problems as well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
uhhuh yeah back problems. if you can get booted off government assistance for 'back problems' if you're caught mowing your lawn i'm probably not going to factor 'back problems' into your losing performance when you spend three rounds doing your impression of the yair / bruce leeroy fight

i think it was getting punched by mark hunt problems.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Where's that racist guy with the Jon Jones' mom joke cause get this....back problems more like...black problems. Eyyyyyyyyyyy.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I agree that "the black beast" is a lazy welfare cheat (??)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fighters having back problems is par for the course.

All of em do. Just gets worse for heavyweights.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Grem posted:

Where's that racist guy with the Jon Jones' mom joke cause get this....back problems more like...black problems. Eyyyyyyyyyyy.

perfect.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

You see, Lewis is a very explosive natural athlete. Furthermore

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can we get our old racist against Brazilians then say they're not technically a race so we're not racist thing in on this page for a good old family reunion.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Proposing a lawn mowing index where we evaluate injury excuses as a function of how many lawns they could mow and how many tax dollars they could steal from hard working white families

DrBrezo
May 13, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Proposing a lawn mowing index where we evaluate injury excuses as a function of how many lawns they could mow and how many tax dollars they could steal from hard working white families

LMAO

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/robinblackmma/status/874876574511886336

gently caress's sake

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
This is number 1 bullshit

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
I can't wait until the army eats him and he doesn't fight for 3 years

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Did we really have to lose both of them

The world is unjust

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Also gently caress you Cub for the level of fight vs Choi and then the Lobov fight, just, no.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jay z's sedan posted:

Also gently caress you Cub for the level of fight vs Choi and then the Lobov fight, just, no.

What the hell does this even mean?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Tezcatlipoca posted:

What the hell does this even mean?

Defeating korean teens gives far less XP than it should and wme need to patch this asap

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
cub got the second best UFC fight we have seen out of artem (we all know what his best one was) so i'm not sure why you are upset considering we all knew it would never be as great as the superboy fight

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Father dog: I'm dead, you can legally say the word Jew now

Forum posters: ah finally. You know da black beast should have eaten pre fight orange soda and white women :D

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Father dog: I'm dead, you can legally say the word Jew now

Forum posters: ah finally. You know da black beast should have eaten pre fight orange soda and white women :D

melvin manhoef doing his weird dance in the collar, but the leash is held by mobn

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Cub-Artem was great because Cub gave him a standing hammer fist.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

They aren't really seperate because they will be fighting to earn a UFC contract, but they probably made Dana's little side project legally independent so that the UFC can't be sued if something terrible happens. I imagine they'll probably also make it clear in the contracts that winning the fight does not guarantee a contract, though in practice that'll probably be the case. Dana could also use this to tell the winner of a loving terrible, boring fight "nah, get out of here"

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/875039081125867521

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/875039447825473537

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the lobov fight was pretty good. lobov did well

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

the lobov fight was pretty good. lobov did well

That is a generous characterization of his performance.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he did a lot better than anyone expected against someone better than all of the other people he'd fought before. it was also his first time in a 5 round fight and he managed to fight until the end. i think he won fight of the night for it too

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He did better than expected in a "wow he can take a sustained beating" way.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He did better than expected in a "wow he can take a sustained beating" way.

thats true. but he did do better than expected

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

He got the worst of every single exchange over the course of half an hour, and his opponent had way more fun than him which is all that counts anyway.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

But the expectation was he'd be punched once and he'd fly out of the cage, leaving only his smoking boots behind. So he did better than expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lobov fights like he's doing aerobics in a swimming pool

• Locked thread