Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is Trump actually going to blow this poo poo for the GOP...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

mcmagic posted:

Party bosses win in VA just like in NJ.

I'm jealous of all the threads you don't post in.

As a long-time resident of VA- "party bosses"? Like NJ's? The gently caress are you smoking?

Also, wow, the Lt. Governor who campaigned against AHCA and called Trump a "narcissistic maniac" beat the former Congressman who campaigned against AHCA and said VA should be "a firewall" against Trump, truly the party has fallen and abandoned The Way

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
The real question is, who told Trump the bill was bad?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

mik posted:

Did Trump really gently caress over Rs in congress that blatantly? Calling it poo poo publicly after convincing them to go vote for it?

Oh poo poo guys! IT'S THE PIVOT!

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

mik posted:

Did Trump really gently caress over Rs in congress that blatantly? Calling it poo poo publicly after convincing them to go vote for it?

He didn't call it poo poo publicly, he did it privately. he's just gonna say it's fake news and blame the media for unnamed sources.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Ralepozozaxe posted:

He probably happened upon a cursory summary of it on the news.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

awesmoe posted:

He didn't call it poo poo publicly, he did it privately. he's just gonna say it's fake news and blame the media for unnamed sources.

That's true, I guess I wouldn't have been surprised if he had seen the approval rating for the bill and said "well I never liked it anyway".

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

mik posted:

That's true, I guess I wouldn't have been surprised if he had seen the approval rating for the bill and said "well I never liked it anyway".

this is absolutely 100% completely no doubt what happened

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

awesmoe posted:

He did it privately, but in this WH, that means its gonna be on the streets within 10 minutes

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

The Glumslinger posted:

He did it privately, but in this WH, that means its gonna be on the streets within 10 minutes

Agreed but it still gives him the out of shooting the messenger (false news/leaks) vs addressing questions on the substance of the remarks

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Petr posted:

Some of them might become Concerned. Maybe Deeply Concerned, even.

its one thing to gently caress over democracy or america

it's another to gently caress over them

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

This is literally ALL he does in business. Convinces the other side to take some ridiculous risk (usually by bullying/threatening) and then fucks them over.

The art of the deal!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ralepozozaxe posted:

the media

it was part of the report that he has no idea what's in it he's just mad people don't like it

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I wouldn't be happy if I were outmaneuvered by Donald John Trump on such a basic issue either

awesmoe posted:

this is absolutely 100% completely no doubt what happened

I don't trust him to actually have a political take for longer than it takes someone to tell him otherwise.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mik posted:

Haha he just realized something that every single Republican already knew but was supporting the bill despite the damage it would do to them personally, and was like 'nah gently caress you guys I'm doin me'. How could they ever have predicted he would do such a selfish thing?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is Trump actually going to blow this poo poo for the GOP...?

Only Donald Trump can save America from the GOP now.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

enraged_camel posted:

This is literally ALL he does in business. Convinces the other side to take some ridiculous risk (usually by bullying/threatening) and then fucks them over.

The art of the deal!

Seriously, basically all of them should have seen this coming.

Though it's not as if they needed to be urged to try and gently caress people's healthcare up. A lot of them ran on this poo poo.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Posted this in the other thread, but the VA primary has a lot of local issues and it shouldn't be seen as a shift away from the far left.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

Seriously, basically all of them should have seen this coming.

Though it's not as if they needed to be urged to try and gently caress people's healthcare up. A lot of them ran on this poo poo.

You say his action was the selfish one, but Republican support for these bills is the definition of selfish...

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Petr posted:

Some of them might become Concerned. Maybe Deeply Concerned, even.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm honestly wondering if its possible that the Senate passes something only for Trump to end up vetoing it because he realizes how unpopular it is.

I mean, we're already in crazy land so why not?

Or I wonder if Trump suddenly waffling on this is going to cause some hesitant "maybes" to decide "no" since not only will it reflect poorly on themselves but now it might not even endear them to Lord Trump.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

evilweasel posted:

the media

it was part of the report that he has no idea what's in it he's just mad people don't like it

The funny thing is that Fox and most conservative news sources wouldn't be talking bad about the AHCA.

He totally got this info from CNN or MSNBC.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Boo loving hoo they can eat a bag of dicks. You ride the tiger eventually you get eaten. Rot in hell.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

The funny thing is that Fox and most conservative news sources wouldn't be talking bad about the AHCA.

He totally got this info from CNN or MSNBC.

Eh, if he was listening to the news he'd had flipped weeks ago. I think this is one of his talking heads telling him he might be able to deflect the Russia story by swinging center/throwing the House under the bus. He lives news cycle to news cycle.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mik posted:

he is used to the old days, where he could jerk off and play people against each other and giver contradictory orders that had to be followed because it was his company, they when it went belly up he would blame the underling.

enraged_camel posted:

The art of the deal!

yep.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm honestly wondering if its possible that the Senate passes something only for Trump to end up vetoing it because he realizes how unpopular it is.

I mean, we're already in crazy land so why not?

Or I wonder if Trump suddenly waffling on this is going to cause some hesitant "maybes" to decide "no" since not only will it reflect poorly on themselves but now it might not even endear them to Lord Trump.

maybe. he might legit believe that him doing this would make him the hero of the day.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

mcmagic posted:

Party bosses win in VA just like in NJ.

As someone who got a sticker voting for Perriello today with his wife, please shut the gently caress up about my home state's politics you garbage idiot. The Democratic primary had two good choices, and one of them won. The nomination is the other's for the taking four years from now, at which point you'll probably say "party bosses win" again like the Milli Vanilli backing track that you are.

Meanwhile Ed Gillespie's lead sure seems to be shrinking as the idiot counties turn in their results.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

mik posted:

My question: did he screw them over (let's be honest, no matter what he did, it was blatant), or are republicans -having publicly supported this guy in the election- having to own their actions? And hey! it turns out with Trump, it's not all bluster, he is actually a narcissistic boy-prince.
Your party controls executive, and legislative. How can the bill be risky unless it's beyond a steaming heap of poo poo?

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 14, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder how he would react to the inevitable reaction of "lol thanks you loving moron" from the left and "why the gently caress did you do that you loving moron" from the right if he were actually stupid enough to kill AHCA in a bid for popularity. It'd be a move he'd expect to make everyone love him (which of course is the only kind of move he ever tries to make) and instead it would just make him look vulnerable to the left and traitorous to the right.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

evilweasel posted:

the media

It's a terrifying way to live, if I were like that I would be mad all the time too

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TheScott2K posted:

As someone who got a sticker voting for Perriello today with his wife, please shut the gently caress up about my home state's politics you garbage idiot. The Democratic primary had two good choices, and one of them won. The nomination is the other's for the taking four years from now, at which point you'll probably say "party bosses win" again like the Milli Vanilli backing track that you are.

Meanwhile Ed Gillespie's lead sure seems to be shrinking as the idiot counties turn in their results.

I'm also a Virginian who pulled the lever, so to speak, for Perriello. It's disappointing to see Stewart do so well. I really thought that Gillespie would win more handily than this.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So Dennis Rodman got that Otto dude freed North Korea, is what actually happened, right?

It just makes more sense than the alternative

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm also a Virginian who pulled the lever, so to speak, for Perriello. It's disappointing to see Stewart do so well. I really thought that Gillespie would win more handily than this.

:siren: Corey Stewart within 1000. MORE CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS SAYETH THE GENTLEMAN FROM MINNESOTA!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I wonder how he would react to the inevitable reaction of "lol thanks you loving moron" from the left and "why the gently caress did you do that you loving moron" from the right if he were actually stupid enough to kill AHCA in a bid for popularity. It'd be a move he'd expect to make everyone love him (which of course is the only kind of move he ever tries to make) and instead it would just make him look vulnerable to the left and traitorous to the right.

OTOH, what if Donald Trump suddenly realized that he could be the most popular and loved president in history by instituting policies that helped everyone at the expense of the rich, and could target other rich people than himself to do it?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

So Dennis Rodman got that Otto dude freed North Korea, is what actually happened, right?

The alternative is North Korea knows the guy dying there is a whole new ballgame. I don't think Rodman had a drat thing to do with it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

pillsburysoldier posted:

the guy has been in a coma from botulism for a year. they probably didn't want him to die in dprk custody

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yeah but the dude is probably a vegetable. Non-recoverable coma.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Alright, barring some incredible Stewart-mentum from two counties where nobody lives, Gillespie's the Republican running for VA-Gov. It's an uphill battle for that dude, though.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I really don't know the details so this could be way off, but if the dude was in a coma I would imagine the DPRK would hand him back out of no-poo poo self-interest.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TheScott2K posted:

The alternative is North Korea knows the guy dying there is a whole new ballgame. I don't think Rodman had a drat thing to do with it.

This, plus Sweden has been helping out a lot with NK lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TheScott2K posted:

:siren: Corey Stewart within 1000. MORE CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS SAYETH THE GENTLEMAN FROM MINNESOTA!

Ugh...and I live in one of the counties that went for Stewart too.

• Locked thread