Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kiryen posted:

And as Tom Cotton pointed out, it was totes ok when Holder and others did it so basically gently caress anyone that thinks it's suddenly a problem.

wasn't holder held in contempt of congress for doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Kiryen posted:

Because there is a legal reason why and he explained it. "I don't like the reason" isn't "there isn't one."

Also "gently caress you" isn't perjury. Perjury is lying and "you can go gently caress yourself" isn't a lie.

aatrek?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

wasn't holder held in contempt of congress for doing that

Yes he was.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Catastrophe posted:

It's pretty clear this entire administration would rather appear uselessly senile and incompetent than ever admitting they made a single mistake.

Dude can't remember what he had for lunch today but he's totally fit to be Attorney General guys.

It worked for Reagan and he's remembered as an American hero, so why not?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Kiryen posted:

And as Tom Cotton pointed out, it was totes ok when Holder and others did it so basically gently caress anyone that thinks it's suddenly a problem.

Holder was held in contempt of congress, and eventually the documents in question were turned over. There is a process when the claim of executive privilege is made, it's not a silver bullet. Sessions has obfuscated the process by not actually claiming executive privilege, but some weird unprecedented non-answer.

So anyway, that was unexpected, but they shouldn't have expected any real answers (via executive privilege though), so they should have had a plan B. Instead we had hours of trying to get him to dissect whatever his reason for not answering was, and discussion of spy novels.

Basically Sessions mostly got his way, and the democrats farted around and publicly wrung their hands about it.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/874767922295705600

I don't usually care about his "oh boy I get to sign a bill" tweets, but lol at Trump being excited to sign a bill with "whistleblower protection" in the name after his million tweets about wanting vengeance against the leakers

Edit: also, surprise, while it does establish a whistleblower protection office it's mostly aimed at weakening worker protections, making the requirements to fire employees lower and giving them a shorter window to grieve it

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 14, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Skypie posted:

Yes he was.

so... you mean... it wasn't okay when holder did it? but that might imply that tom cotton is full of poo poo...........

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

so... you mean... it wasn't okay when holder did it? but that might imply that tom cotton is full of poo poo...........

Welcome to America :newlol:

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I just started watching Sessions. A lady had to repeat a question slowly and extremely clearly. Jesus he sounds like such a dope. Getting grilled on a bun

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Cobweb Heart posted:

I just started watching Sessions. A lady had to repeat a question slowly and extremely clearly. Jesus he sounds like such a dope. Getting grilled on a bun

Yea that whole "I'm just a simple corn pone dumbass" thing definitely isn't an act

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

That is your brain not on drugs

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So... trumps fine?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

So... trumps fine?

I mean he's still an orange pissbaby who wants everyone to swear fealty like he's a king, but yeah

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

So... trumps fine?

He's gonna be in office for the full 4 years AT LEAST lmao

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Burt Sexual posted:

So... trumps fine?

Yeeeup.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Kiryen posted:

You're right, only idiots want to get rid of land mines and end sex trafficking.

Except now she's doing it under Trurnp.
Notice how everything he touches turns to poo poo, he's the Midas of poo.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Jose posted:

its really funny just how badly a black man being president broke america

poo poo. i guess they were right afterall

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

there's a part of trump that is secretly hoping the piss tape gets released so he can jack off to it.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

what am I not understanding here? Clinton was most definitely way under 60% during impeachment

edit: maybe he means hillary not bill, lol

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

angryrobots posted:

Holder was held in contempt of congress, and eventually the documents in question were turned over. There is a process when the claim of executive privilege is made, it's not a silver bullet. Sessions has obfuscated the process by not actually claiming executive privilege, but some weird unprecedented non-answer.

So anyway, that was unexpected, but they shouldn't have expected any real answers (via executive privilege though), so they should have had a plan B. Instead we had hours of trying to get him to dissect whatever his reason for not answering was, and discussion of spy novels.

Basically Sessions mostly got his way, and the democrats farted around and publicly wrung their hands about it.

Documents and conversations aren't the same thing, hth. Sessions made it very clear that he was referring to long-standing policy, even if the Democrat demands to quote the policy word for word or by policy number weren't adhered to.

Of course, the fact that the Democrats were worrying about this and not what actual Russians were doing demonstrates that this entire thing is a farce, done only as theater to appease the leftist masses of voters who don't get that they don't automatically get to win elections.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

what am I not understanding here? Clinton was most definitely way under 60% during impeachment

disapproval

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

You are a typical poll responder.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Reading comprehension is very difficult guys

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reading comprehension is very difficult guys

Voting is too easy.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

that's a lol

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Voting is too easy.
even though I read about politics quite a lot, I have never actually voted

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
"Comey was unfit for the job and needed to be removed. He was a nutjob."

*Comey appears before the Senate committee and gives clear, concise, careful answers to every question asked*

"How dare you question the Attorney General? He's an experienced and vetted professional and is the best for the job"

*Sessions appears before the Senate committee and can't remember his name, who he talked to, what year it is, what his job is, or even the reason why he is unable to answer most of the questions*

Yeahhhhh I'm not so sure about this whole thing.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I hope you will when you're 18.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

That's cool. One vote never makes a difference anyway.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Yeah, You'd think someone with a title like Attorney General would have a better memory. I've met stoner sandwich artists who remember better.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Feminasty Slut posted:

Yeah, You'd think someone with a title like Attorney General would have a better memory. I've met stoner sandwich artists who remember better.

Maybe Failed-Traitor-President Failed-Traitor-General Sessions is speaking from firsthand experience about the evils of weed?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Wait.. what lol

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

Maybe Failed-Traitor-President Failed-Traitor-General Sessions is speaking from firsthand experience about the evils of weed?

Sessions is that guy who sees kids having a good time in the park and gets really mad about "kids these days having no responsibility" before going home and wondering why nobody has made dinner yet

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Kiryen posted:

Documents and conversations aren't the same thing, hth. Sessions made it very clear that he was referring to long-standing policy, even if the Democrat demands to quote the policy word for word or by policy number weren't adhered to.

Of course, the fact that the Democrats were worrying about this and not what actual Russians were doing demonstrates that this entire thing is a farce, done only as theater to appease the leftist masses of voters who don't get that they don't automatically get to win elections.

I tried to read this with the whole 'swapping parties' thing, but you're still a broken pedo.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Why isn't that on the front page of every loving publication lmfao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kiryen posted:

Jesus Christ you're loving gullible

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

armchairyoda posted:

I tried to read this with the whole 'swapping parties' thing, but you're still a broken pedo.

Lol is Star Trek fan getting auto replaced to pedo?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I can just imagine scrolling through every tweet from 2016 and before, just astonished with the endless hypocrisy with every tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Emirati ambassador to Trump: Remove US airbase from Qatar

The United Arab Emirates' ambassador to the United States wants President Trump to use the U.S. airbase in Qatar as a political tool to press the country's government on supporting extremism.

“The air base is a very nice insurance policy against any additional pressure,” Ambassador Yousef al-Otaiba said Tuesday. “Maybe someone in Congress should have a hearing and just say, you know, ’Should we consider moving it?’”

Last week, a Saudi-led coalition of Arab nations cut off all diplomatic ties with Qatar and accused the country's government of supporting terrorists across the Middle East. Doha has denied the charges, but that wasn't enough for Emirati officials.

“We’ve gotten fed up. We’ve had enough,” Otaiba said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/337700-emirati-ambassador-to-trump-remove-us-airbase-from-qatar

lol