Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
whoever that is posting about 'existing goon infrastructure' and 'stepping on goon toes' just lol

here's the story, friend. the only posters still playing(?) this bad game and interested in running an official goon guilde(tm) is/was forge. do whatever you want, gluttony cause afaik me and forge are going to join some russian troupe for like a week and bail when this thing inevitably catches fire for the 7th time. hell i still havent decided if i want to do all that. gonna take copious amounts of lovely booze to say yes

some more pro tips for you in ao. put poster tempus thales in charge of all your stuff, he absolutely WONT steal anything or try to sell you discord themed tshirts over voice chat. make an alliance with the br guild brazzukas and spam alliance chat about burgers. they love em. give poster kimsemus a spot in your pvp roams so he flames out immediately after the first 'anti-zerg' patch happens but before he realizes the zerg can use the thing itself and proceeds to tell everyone that having fun is actually bad

i dont think ao cares anymore about goons since we stopped all the shitposting, but good luck with your nugoons final beta boogaloo v4.2 (pre-production) guild or w/e you name it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can I have an officer spot in the guild? Also everyone should send me all their gold and I'll invest it appropriately and return all the gold in 30 Days plus 20%.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
There's enough jaded in this thread to build a teracotta army out of the stuff.

I probably have enough for a couple dozen statues.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Actually Suxpool is toots, and oatmeal never posts here. Those are the last two goons playing this bad game. I'm not even sure with perpetual WA updates in the pipeline that I'll even play launch of this game.

Again basically you need to GvG to be something in this game. Open world means nothing. And if you can't farm 24x7 to have the best of the best you won't be able to GvG with the kids to live in moms basement. So GL.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Blazing Zero posted:

whoever that is posting about 'existing goon infrastructure' and 'stepping on goon toes' just lol

here's the story, friend. the only posters still playing(?) this bad game and interested in running an official goon guilde(tm) is/was forge. do whatever you want, gluttony cause afaik me and forge are going to join some russian troupe for like a week and bail when this thing inevitably catches fire for the 7th time. hell i still havent decided if i want to do all that. gonna take copious amounts of lovely booze to say yes

some more pro tips for you in ao. put poster tempus thales in charge of all your stuff, he absolutely WONT steal anything or try to sell you discord themed tshirts over voice chat. make an alliance with the br guild brazzukas and spam alliance chat about burgers. they love em. give poster kimsemus a spot in your pvp roams so he flames out immediately after the first 'anti-zerg' patch happens but before he realizes the zerg can use the thing itself and proceeds to tell everyone that having fun is actually bad

i dont think ao cares anymore about goons since we stopped all the shitposting, but good luck with your nugoons final beta boogaloo v4.2 (pre-production) guild or w/e you name it

taking all this very serious aren't you

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Breidr posted:

Still on the fence about this game. Seems to be heavily zerg focused and I'm not sure if the whole thing will pan out. Can this game really survive?

I havent actually played AO, but if Wildstar is still running just about anything can at least survive.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Who's making the goon t-shirts for this game??? I've got lots of cash to flash :homebrew:

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
walk in2 da club lookin just like a pimp

we got cash so we screamin out SHAKE SOMETHIN BITCH

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

2DCAT posted:

Who's making the goon t-shirts for this game??? I've got lots of cash to flash :homebrew:

i just dental flossed a tshirt through my gigantic goony rear end. whats youre mailing address

Suxpool posted:

serious posts are illegal, just like fun

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
listen if you guys aren't playing any more can you please just stop posting in this thread? you're not helping

only post here if you still play albion online

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
to be clear nobody should be posting but me

thanks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
*raises paw*

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Suxpool posted:

listen if you guys aren't playing any more can you please just stop posting in this thread? you're not helping

only post here if you still play albion online

im not going to play albion online and im here to post that its not good

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
SO SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY

i'd go through the thread to count how many times you felt the need to come back and post that but i don't have that many fingers

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
oh blazing posted in the thread i wonder what he had to say said noone

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Suxpool posted:

SO SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY

i'd go through the thread to count how many times you felt the need to come back and post that but i don't have that many fingers

I've done a pretty thorough review of the forum posts and everyone appears to be pretty positive and excited for both the launch, the Brazilian and Mostly Harmless Alliance, and the guild t-shirts.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

will the shirt be a free kimsemus shirt?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

also maybe f*ck the firestaff

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
all the staffs are pretty good really imo

fire staff is cool

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Blazing Zero posted:

What pc game is AO?

edit: nevermind its Albion Online. I figured it was another game.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Suxpool posted:

made u post :smuggo:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Pre-sale goes live tomorrow. It's only $69.00 and extremely limited edition.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
think i'd rather spend my 70 bucks on upgrading my 2nd acct to legendary founder

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

2DCAT posted:

Pre-sale goes live tomorrow. It's only $69.00 and extremely limited edition.

ill have two

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I like 90% of the people that post in this thread and honestly they may be the only reason I dip my toes in again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Suxpool posted:

lmao

Suxpool posted:

i wonder what he had to say

there i said it actually

and it is that albion is bad

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Ruggan your better off playing this much worse game worlds adrift with us. Since we can also infuriate pubbies with full pvp even in the starter t1 zones.

futile
May 18, 2009
Anyone wanna join my black zone gvg team?

Must be willing to commit 16 hours per day to the game minimum, with a couple 24 hour shifts per week. Please send me a pm if interested. Bonus points if you're not afraid to exploit to the fullest

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Anyone wanna buy a legendary acc for 50$?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

Not sure why all goons wouldnt want to work together to poo poo on as many people as we can -- this game seems like a pretty good fit for what we normally try to do: work together and produce tears.

No doubt you guys who have been here for 2 years have been through a shitshow with drama with SI, etc... but launch and 2-3 months afterward should be pretty fun and provide opportunity for goons to have a lot "fun".

quote:

Final Guild Name: Awful Company(aka gay nggrs from outer space).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I think our guild name should be FORUMSDOTSOMETHINGAWFULDOTCOM because this actually works in game.

also this game proved that goons don't work together, only 3 do and the rest want hand outs.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

i gave the guild carrot soups

ask not what the guild can do for you but what you can do for the guild

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

I think our guild name should be FORUMSDOTSOMETHINGAWFULDOTCOM because this actually works in game.

also this game proved that goons don't work together, only 3 do and the rest want hand outs.

Probably just had the wrong leadership in place, no offense. When we played darkfall we had 200+ goons all working together without much issue until 6 months into the game when the game was ruined by cheaters.

Give us a shot forge -- we plan on being somewhat competitive/organized but with a solid mix of trolling and self deprecation because we all hate ourselves.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

forge posted:

You've played with some bad goons... EQ/MS works together fairly well.

Casual Dad
Jun 13, 2017
Fatty holds it down.

I plan on riding balls deep into AO battles on an epic dick mount.

IDGAF if it's open world or GvG, I only want to kill or be killed.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FormerFatty posted:

Probably just had the wrong leadership in place, no offense. When we played darkfall we had 200+ goons all working together without much issue until 6 months into the game when the game was ruined by cheaters.

Give us a shot forge -- we plan on being somewhat competitive/organized but with a solid mix of trolling and self deprecation because we all hate ourselves.

haha, the worst you had to deal with in dfo was some dudes scripting? oh man. welcome to albion online

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

no really, im sure this will be a fun experience for all involved. glhf as the kids say :)

e:

Pixelslol posted:

Anyone wanna buy a legendary acc for 50$?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I just want to clear cut forest as a logging syndicate.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

haha, the worst you had to deal with in dfo was some dudes scripting? oh man. welcome to albion online

Nah, we had to deal with 1 group of cheaters/exploiters that were able to have end game(think 8.2 gear) while the entire rest of the server had like tier 2 or tier 3... amongst other issues. Either way in darkfall, our goon alliance conquered nearly the entire map at the height of the game.

Theres no reason we cant strive for similar success here as long as everyone is willing to poo poo in socks, quit their jobs, and ruin their fake relationships with our waifus to achieve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Darkfall hacking and duping and such got pretty crazy for a while there until the game more or less died. Albion is at least seemingly lacking in stuff like acid dance parties and lightning tower rave picnics that get patched out as soon as the dev blessed guild gets their skills up the easy way. And I'm pretty sure you can't kill any megabosses for phat loot by putting your horse in a wall for months on end during release. As fun as that time was when we were fighting that huge kingdom roleplaying guild whose name I can't remember, Darkfall was pretty corrupt in a way that AO probably is never going to reach.

I don't think the exact same strategies will be duplicateable in AO assuming you want to own territory though due to the gvg system.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 14, 2017

• Locked thread