Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Zerilan posted:

I'm almost not sure I've seen literally any ads or marketing for RE7 that wasn't word of mouth.

They did put out a commercial that I remember seeing a bunch on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

Also why exactly do they need to make Monster Hunter for "western audiences"?

capcom doesn't learn

they went through this with DmC, they went through this with dead rising 3, they went through this with SFxT and SFV

the one bright side is if they're doing this again with as big a seller as monhun it might shake up their future as a company enough to make them reflect on why this strategy's been failing them for years

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A white shock of hair falls on Rathalos's head, he catches his reflection in a pool of water and says "Not in a million years".

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Monster Hunter pachinko machines

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zelder posted:

Monster Hunter pachinko machines

Those already exist and are probably all over Japan.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Anyways I'm still reeling from marvel vs capcom infinite and it's bleeding into my fears for monster world

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The player character, Dirk Steelbody, repels down into the lush jungle from a Boeing CH-47 Chinook. He tosses his cigar into some brush haphazardly and pulls out his modified combination chainsaw + assault rifle

"LETS gently caress SOME JAGGIS IN THE rear end OORAH OORAH OORAH MOVE OUT MOVE OUT"

Trailer ends with calling in a tactical napalm air strike on a Khezu.

MONSTER HUNTER WESTERN VERSION AVAILABLE NOW

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Monster Hunter World is actually a movie tie-in with the very successful and good movie, Jurassic World

outsourced and developed by Ubisoft for the western market :clint:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

The player character, Dirk Steelbody, repels down into the lush jungle from a Boeing CH-47 Chinook. He tosses his cigar into some brush haphazardly and pulls out his modified combination chainsaw + assault rifle

"LETS gently caress SOME JAGGIS IN THE rear end OORAH OORAH OORAH MOVE OUT MOVE OUT"

MONSTER HUNTER WESTERN VERSION AVAILABLE NOW

congrats youve sold me on mhw

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
heres how to attract western players: stop using PS2 models, release XX for PC.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Dirk Steelbody

Absolutely stealing this for my MHW name, thanks.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Countblanc posted:

heres how to attract western players: stop using PS2 models, release XX for PC.

Just release XX, that's all I ask.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I'm okay with this, gently caress Khezu

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

MHW looks okay to me, what I'm mad about is not releasing XX.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Bussamove posted:

I will say the lack of hitflashes in the trailer bugs me. Like goddamn son half the reason I play GS is for level 3 charge hit animations.

http://i.imgur.com/0b2dSpX.mp4
clonk

e: i'm the cloud of dirt and gravel that come off of the dinosaur

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

clonk

i'm the sword that stops a foot away from impact

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

MHW looks okay to me, what I'm mad about is not releasing XX.

the general consensus in japan seems to be "eh it's okay but i've had my fill of MH"

probably why MHW is focusing on worldwide instead

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

he's a dirty boy

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Zerilan posted:

i'm the sword that stops a foot away from impact

Maybe it has an invisible stone helmet

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This thread is hilarious. Looking at the trailer it seems very obvious that the gameplay is going to remain extremely similar just with added options (like the grappling hook). I'm pretty much done with playing MH on handhelds and even though I would have enjoyed it on the switch I think its the right move that they finally are updating the models and everything on PS4/Xbox/PC. A lot of the stuff they announced sounds cool to me, but probably sounds lame to all of you, like the no loading between zones on the map or the hook. I love that poo poo, but who knows maybe I'm just a loving casual.

Also being able to play on a good pad over my 3ds is going to be a loving godsend. I have no idea why anyone is angry about XX not coming, but I don't really know poo poo about it other than its an updated Generations. Which yeah I guess if you want to replay all that poo poo again and then play G rank or whatever, cool I guess. I just want new poo poo instead of the same old stuff over and over again.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Also being able to play on a good pad over my 3ds is going to be a loving godsend.

Yeah it sure would be cool if they localized XX on Switch

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yeah it sure would be cool if they localized XX on Switch

Yeah I want to play a uprezzed 3ds game on my nintendo switch too :rolleyes:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

This part sounds good to me

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I have no idea why anyone is angry about XX not coming, but I don't really know poo poo about it other than its an updated Generations. Which yeah I guess if you want to replay all that poo poo again and then play G rank or whatever, cool I guess. I just want new poo poo instead of the same old stuff over and over again.

I liked Generations and the stuff it added, and XX added further improvements on top of that. Plus you transfer your save over to get to the cool stuff day 1.

MHW can do stuff different and it'll probably be okay, but let us have the stuff MH fans know about and already know is cool.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

This but unironically.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

that's a deliciously spicy hot take :wow:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

this did come out 2 years before the game did instead of like 9 months

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

clonk

im the dabbing apceros in the background

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lemming posted:

This part sounds good to me

Whatever it takes against those creepy Khezu IMO.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

lets hang out posted:

this did come out 2 years before the game did instead of like 9 months

It's actually pretty stunning how much of the concept video ended up in the final game

Just gotta suss out what parts of the MHW trailer are being played up and what's representative of actual gameplay

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Knowing capcom they'll probably gently caress this up, but I got very bored with Generations as I was playing it (I liked the styles stuff, but was tired of the same locations/monsters). I think the additions and improvements from 4 and Generations to the gameplay as well as adding more is a lot more interesting to me than just the same old MH.

I don't know I'm way more excited about MH World than XX.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

What a colorful and nice looking game I can't wait to play it :)

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I hope XX doesn't get localized because the monster lineup in gen was lame, deviants are a miserable grind, and I'm tired of playing 4th gen monster hunter.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

dragon enthusiast posted:

the general consensus in japan seems to be "eh it's okay but i've had my fill of MH"

probably why MHW is focusing on worldwide instead

yea the elephant in the room here is despite the annoyance (that I share) that maybe that riddler motherfucker wasn't wrong about XX at least being massively backburnered for the west...Japan isn't exactly staining its pants for this one. It did well and no one's hating on it but there was a strong undercurrent of 'ok this is fine but maybe I'm good with MH until something changes in a bigger way' from a lot of people. Kinda makes sense that with that rather than push the envelope and maybe risk the goodwill of 'look we like you, you're an established name, so we won't spend too long talking about how you could do well to try new poo poo' they'd...try new poo poo.

I love MH but one of the biggest issues nearly everyone has with it is 'this is cool but why does everything have to be hidden in arcane systems only vets know and even then they still need a wiki copied from the game bible in japan'. If they can close that gap it'd be a major win for the company and IP.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Devlan Mud posted:

I hope XX doesn't get localized because the monster lineup in gen was lame, deviants are a miserable grind, and I'm tired of playing 4th gen monster hunter.

you could just not play it

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

As someone who never owned 4U, Gen was very good and I would have played a fuckload more of it if it was on a big screen and I could use an actual controller. If only that was something that could happen

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I have no idea why anyone is angry about XX not coming, but I don't really know poo poo about it other than its an updated Generations. Which yeah I guess if you want to replay all that poo poo again and then play G rank or whatever, cool I guess. I just want new poo poo instead of the same old stuff over and over again.

Hmm yes I wonder why people are frustrated about Capcom localizing a spinoff rpg nobody really asked for (that we weren't really expecting anyway but we're pleasantly surprised by), but not XX, the complete version of Generations with additional monsters and more difficult content, while saying in addition to that the next mainline game is supposed to be made for a more western audience. I just can't think of a single reason people are worried about Capcom loving up a series by trying to make it for western audiences, after the complete shitshow DmC Devil May Cry was, or any of the other series they've messed with.

It's such a complete mystery.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also I am definitely not tired of Generations gameplay and being able to play 4th Gen monster hunter on a Switch Pro Controller is pretty much what I want most from this series right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
DMC had nothing to do with 'western audience' though

• Locked thread