Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Angry Grimace posted:

You can also Green Sun's Zenith to Wasteland lock your opponent.

I want to stick this guy into a lands build with tireless tracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

80s James Hetfield posted:

Give us a 1/1 with Afflict 10

seems like you'd just make a creature unblockable at that point

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

TheChirurgeon posted:

seems like you'd just make a creature unblockable at that point

Afflict 10 seems better than unblockable in a world you can force your opponent to block.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

gif Probst posted:

Maybe Eternalize is something like, You get an emblem that says "All creatures you control get (creature stats+abilities)"

This is honestly the mostly like thing I think.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Doubt they'd put stuff that makes emblems at common/uncommon.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Shovelmint posted:

Afflict 10 seems better than unblockable in a world you can force your opponent to block.

It's time to ban Lure.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

whydirt posted:

It's time to ban Lure.

I know it is a joke, but I am morbidly curious as to what a metagame where lure is ban-worthy would be like.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I really didn't expect the Marvel ban.

Feels like a tipping point was reached the behind the scenes, and they've decided to clean up all the garbage in one go, painful though it may be.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Bonus posted:

Could be like bestow but cast from the graveyard. Would be an interesting variation on the embalm concept.

It could even be that the card doesn't exile when cast as an aura, which would fit nicely with the eternalise keyword and perhaps account for the cost.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 13, 2017

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Bonus posted:

Probably not, but the Cat's a rare. 1/1 doublestrike that gives you a doublestike emblem for 5 seems pretty rad.

I suppose they could do it at uncommon for bad anthems, like +0/+1.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I missed the Duels cancellation. What a wet fart of a project from release to end.

Didn't even bother giving the community an advance notice.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If they are going to add so many good 3-drop land manipulation creatures they should unban my girl Bloodbraid Elf

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

I missed the Duels cancellation. What a wet fart of a project from release to end.

Didn't even bother giving the community an advance notice.

This *was* advance notice, I guess

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

In order to make room for the next generation of Magic digital products, Amonkhet will be the last new content update for Magic Duels. Hour of Devastation will not be released on the platform.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

That's the whole point it isn't.

"Hour of Devastation will not be released on the platform."

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Tales of Woe posted:

In order to make room for the next generation of Magic digital products, Amonkhet will be the last new content update for Magic Duels. Hour of Devastation will not be released on the platform.

Yeah, just went back and re-read it. Lame, I agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bonus posted:

maybe not an emblem, but maybe something like, create an artifact token. it has indestructible and (creature stats+abilities). kind of a nod to the monuments to the gods and past artifacts that were similar, like the Akroma and Eldrazi monuments. would also make sense flavorwise.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Does the article say when the ban goes into effect? Before or after Vegas?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Soul Glo posted:

Doesn't matter no standard in Vegas
Only baller magic.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Soul Glo posted:

I think it's next friday

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Soul Glo posted:

Monday, June 19

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
It should have been today, gently caress giving people last hurrah with it this friday at fnm

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

gif Probst posted:

maybe not an emblem, but maybe something like, create an artifact token. it has indestructible and (creature stats+abilities). kind of a nod to the monuments to the gods and past artifacts that were similar, like the Akroma and Eldrazi monuments. would also make sense flavorwise.

This makes a ton of sense - I think you called it.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, I'm two weeks behind on the Relationship subreddit thread in GBS, but I just came across dis gem:

quote:

My girlfriend [26F] and I [25M] of one year just moved in together. We are having issues with my hobby.

I play a tabletop game called Magic the Gathering. I am a very competitive person. I'm always a good sport and I am always positive. I take my losses well and always seek to improve myself. I've gotten so much better than her and my friends that she feels left behind. She feels she can't share in the game with me anymore. So, now all my time spent on the game excludes her.

The problem she is concerned with is the amount of time I spend getting better at this game. She claims that any time she turns her back she feels like I'm doing something related to magic. I'll admit this is true. Its something I am passionate about and something I am getting very good at. I had hopes of going to compete at a large event potentially for money. But its looking like I will not be able to do that and maintain a relationship where everyone is happy.

I have tried to "tone it down" but the issue is if I am not getting constantly better it ruins the whole point of the game to me. Its the constant analytical thinking, math, and research that keeps me passionately engaged. Trying to do it more casually is unenjoyable for me. If I'm not playing at my best I am not having fun. This means practice and research in my spare time away from her.

We had a similar issue in the past where I was playing it so much I was neglecting her which we changed. Now I only play when she's busy or away but even that seems to be too much.

All that said, I've told her I'd leave the hobby before I leave her but is that healthy?

Barudak posted:

You can either tap your girlfriend or sacrifice her, but you cant do both.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Mezzanon posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm two weeks behind on the Relationship subreddit thread in GBS, but I just came across dis gem:

lol

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mezzanon posted:

Barudak posted:

You can either tap your girlfriend or sacrifice her, but you cant do both.

Hahaha, holy poo poo.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Mezzanon posted:

Please stop doxing me.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I don't judge him for the story, I've heard plenty of similar stories with another competitive hobby (tennis, dirt bike, etc) in place of magic.

I will judge him for posting in r/relationships. That and r/legaladvice are two of the collectively dumbest places on the internet. Anyone who turns to either for help deserves what they get.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Can someone please direct me to 80s James Hetfield's turbofog list? Wanna try something dumb at FNMonday (fog Ad Nauseam)

Actually that sounds miserable nvm

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
So a creature with Afflict X + Lure = game?

Also, it's definitely time to buy up Gitrog Monster.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

InterrupterJones posted:

And Knight of the Reliquary.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

InterrupterJones posted:

I believe it will only trigger once regardless of the # of blocking creatures.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Madmarker posted:

I know it is a joke, but I am morbidly curious as to what a metagame where lure is ban-worthy would be like.

afflict 20 on a hasty 2 drop in a format where beast within is reprinted

also there is no removal whatsoever

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

InterrupterJones posted:

It uses the same wording as something like

Which has the ruling

quote:

10/4/2004: It triggers only once even if blocked by more than one creature.

If it triggered once per blocker, it'd be worded like

which has the ruling

quote:

9/22/2011: Ashmouth Hound’s ability triggers once for each creature it blocks or becomes blocked by.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

JerryLee posted:

I believe it will only trigger once regardless of the # of blocking creatures.

I realized that after posting :sigh:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

80s James Hetfield posted:

It should have been today, gently caress giving people last hurrah with it this friday at fnm

My last last hurrah was with Bloom Titan! I crushed a 24 people event with the deck two days before the starting day of the ban. Deck was crazy fun and completely unfair!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

YggdrasilTM posted:

My last last hurrah was with Bloom Titan! I crushed a 24 people event with the deck two days before the starting day of the ban. Deck was crazy fun and completely unfair!

*whispers* it's still a good deck

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

*whispers* it's still a good deck

But now I can't destroy Jund with double titan on turn 3! Also, ther "Bloom" in the name is gone!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
someone pointed this out on Rosewater's blog, but with the new rotation and set size changes, we'll soon be seeing standards that are, size-wise, more like Time Spiral/Llorwyn block standard

Something I hadn't considered, but it's likely that having a larger card pool may help standard avoid dominant strategies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

someone pointed this out on Rosewater's blog, but with the new rotation and set size changes, we'll soon be seeing standards that are, size-wise, more like Time Spiral/Llorwyn block standard

Something I hadn't considered, but it's likely that having a larger card pool may help standard avoid dominant strategies

It's gonna be great.