Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like the way Arms looks but I question the longevity of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

it is so obviously a wii sport that got out of hand. looks cute and all but its a 20 dollar distraction

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah i liked the testpunch a lot but ill probably save my money for the stuff comin out in the fall

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

NickRoweFillea posted:

ARSE

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Alert: tree climbing in Mario Odyssey

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This Odyssey level they're showing looks incredible.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/mustachetangelo/status/874653754209050628

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

This Odyssey level they're showing looks incredible.

i played it this morning and it is. You can posess a walking easter island head that shows invisible paths when his sunglasses are on.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmo this splatoon tournament intro owns

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
just watched the mario odyssey trailer and wow a lot is going on there. i dunno how theyll manage to make the posession thing not to scatterbrained wrt gameplay mechanics but it looks fun.

i dunno how to feel about vocals but im happy they keep pushing the big band music style that accompanied 3d world, i think its a really good fit for mario

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

ArfJason posted:

just watched the mario odyssey trailer and wow a lot is going on there. i dunno how theyll manage to make the posession thing not to scatterbrained wrt gameplay mechanics but it looks fun.

it's like if "Everything" had actual gameplay

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The US beat Japan at Splatoon 2

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Regy Rusty posted:

The US beat Japan at Splatoon 2
:wtc:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ArfJason posted:

i dunno how to feel about vocals but im happy they keep pushing the big band music style that accompanied 3d world, i think its a really good fit for mario

yeah i was thinking about if u can possess so many different things there's a chance for frustration to occur when your trying to possess one thing and accidentally hit a different one or some stuff like that.. but I trust Ninty with all of my heart so I'm not too worried

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

rediscover posted:

yeah i was thinking about if u can possess so many different things there's a chance for frustration to occur when your trying to possess one thing and accidentally hit a different one or some stuff like that.. but I trust Ninty with all of my heart so I'm not too worried

it looks like the amount of things you can possess in the action areas is pretty limited so I don't think that particular issue is going to occur very often

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I've only watched the first Treehouse presentation thing but it's not as SM64-ish as I was expecting, not that I necessarily need it to be more like that game

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

[WARNING: do not attempt to ingest Nintendo® Switch cartridges]

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

:same:

Also is this the thread where I talk about how excited I am for the AoE 1 remaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyPlECHiXcM

Def my favorite RTS and one of my favorite games ever

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I hope they don't make it exclusive to that dumb Windows 10 store...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Microsoft put up Aoe2 on steam at least, when they did that and the new expansions.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think they only put stuff like Halo games on there, which is weird, but all of the Ensemble/Microsoft games remastered so far went on Steam

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2d.

I can't get the Mario Odyssey trailer music out of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

the 2D one's coming in September, it's by MercurySteam (Castlevania Lords of Shadow) but it looks fine

they announced Prime 4 but it's just a logo and doesn't sound like they've really started development, they also confirmed Retro's not making it so who knows what they've been doing for like 4 years

• Locked thread