Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

muscles like this! posted:

Eh, I doubt this would cause too much trouble since it is an already expected payout.

I'm not saying the money would be a problem. One of the conditions of his PPD was that he is required to have a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The old lady stuff was more upsetting than anything that happened in five seasons of Breaking Bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cojawfee posted:

I'm not saying the money would be a problem. One of the conditions of his PPD was that he is required to have a job.

He can open Saul Goodman Productions (hasn't he already done that?) and employ himself and pay himself whatever he wants even if all he does is sit on his rear end all day (and you know he'd actually be out busting his rear end trying to make more money).

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

The Human Crouton posted:

I mentioned that I hated the car crash, but I also really hated Jimmy acting like he's every a Chris Tucker character when talking to Kim before she left.

Yeah. I get that his ego is jacked but it's out of character for him to be that much of an inconsiderate jerk, even if you interpret it as part of his transformation.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What was with the blood at the car crash? I've been in a car crash before and I got some burns on my face from the airbag, but I wasn't bleeding or anything.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I know Saul works for criminals in BB, but I never imagined his slippin' Jimmy attitude to sink as low as to manipulate an elderly woman. It seems then that meeting Walter White may have hosed with his life in one way, but it restored his moral boundaries by the end. It'll be interesting to see if Gene is the rebirth of his humanity or ultimately his demise.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Cojawfee posted:

What was with the blood at the car crash? I've been in a car crash before and I got some burns on my face from the airbag, but I wasn't bleeding or anything.

Broken nose. Glass shards. Literally just about anything.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Blood?? In a car crash?? This is a step to far Vince!!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Airbags deploy with far more force than you might imagine. There are documented cases of children in improperly situated car seats being entirely decapitated. That it managed to break enough skin to cause a LITTLE bleeding isn't at all surprising.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Cojawfee posted:

A million papercuts

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Javid posted:

Airbags deploy with far more force than you might imagine. There are documented cases of children in improperly situated car seats being entirely decapitated. That it managed to break enough skin to cause a LITTLE bleeding isn't at all surprising.

I don't have to imagine, I've been punched in the face by an airbag. It knocked my glasses into the back seat. I wasn't anywhere close to bleeding.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

I don't have to imagine, I've been punched in the face by an airbag. It knocked my glasses into the back seat. I wasn't anywhere close to bleeding.

The same thing happened to me and it made me bleed.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

lol at some of you wanting to ragequit the show over Saul manipulating Irene. It's just a TV show, kids.

Jables88 posted:

I wonder what Lydia is alluding to about Gus being more than a drug dealer.

Obviously we know he's an extremely accomplished drug baron by the events of BB and she obviously sees that that's possible for him, but I wonder to what extent if any she's referring to his mysterious past in Chile.

The whole Gus backstory thing is going to be underwhelming. I hope they leave it ambiguous.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

RedSpider posted:

lol at some of you wanting to ragequit the show over Saul manipulating Irene. It's just a TV show, kids.

The whole Gus backstory thing is going to be underwhelming. I hope they leave it ambiguous.

Did a single person say they were going to quit over it or are you overreacting like an adult?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
howard was so loving good in this episode

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

socialsecurity posted:

Did a single person say they were going to quit over it or are you overreacting like an adult?

We are officially entering the stage of this show where people are going to start hating Saul Goodman every week. This happened around the same time with Walt in BB.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
For a brief moment I thought that, since the shoes have curved soles, Irene would lose her balance when walking with them and fall over the mall balcony they were sitting next to, hence the title of the episode "Fall". But then I realized that would be loving stupid.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

RedSpider posted:

We are officially entering the stage of this show where people are going to start hating Saul Goodman every week. This happened around the same time with Walt in BB.

What Jimmy/Saul did was dirty as gently caress but Walter White literally killed people and was an abhorrent monster. Jimmy/Saul still has a soul but I doubt he'll ever come close to becoming what Walt was.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't think a nursing home is going to deeply investigate a bingo game where the prizes are stickers.

They're gonna be kind of weirded out when they keep playing and the same five numbers come up first in every subsequent game

Cojawfee posted:

case loving CLOSED. get your act together vince

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
That car crash was way too triggering!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sagebrush posted:

They're gonna be kind of weirded out when they keep playing and the same five numbers come up first in every subsequent game

No joke, I'd legitimately love it if this was what led to Jimmy's undoing. Seriously, not even joking, it could happen; the bingo game is investigated, people start looking into Jimmy's scheme with Irene and the others, how he's been trying to all make them think a certain way, and either the nursing home or Irene herself just has had enough with him, and they DON'T go forward with the Sandpiper case.

Meanwhile, Kim has no medical insurance...

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
If she's smart she probably still has COBRA from HHM.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wasn't Jim persona non grata at Sandpiper before?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Cojawfee posted:

did the car crash give you autism

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

RedSpider posted:

You can have strong feelings about protagonists. That's a good sign of a well crafted story.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

RedSpider posted:

How dare you! Irene was like a grandma for us, she took good care of the viewers when we needed her the most and Saul goes nuts in crushing her social environment for his own good, despite him being most likely completely capable of accomplishing the same result being nice and persuasive in a careful way.

In the history of TV shows, this move was clearly the most wicked and terrifying thing to see since Hillary ran for president.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Vanderdeath posted:

What Jimmy/Saul did was dirty as gently caress but Walter White literally killed people and was an abhorrent monster. Jimmy/Saul still has a soul but I doubt he'll ever come close to becoming what Walt was.

Saul wanted people killed too. Walt just wouldn't go along with the people Saul wanted killed.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I'm toward the end of an umpteenth Breaking Bad rewatch and one of the interesting things I notice is that Saul and Mike's relationship throughout BrBa is pretty much the same as where it's at now on BCS, no more exposition needed. Obviously anything that gets Jonathan Banks and Bob Odenkirk onscreen together is very cool, but as far as the "How I Met Your Mike" of it all, I think we're all set. Watching Mike and Gus come to trust each other more is going to be very very interesting because trust is a scarce commodity in the Gilliganverse.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm usually terrible at predicting stuff that happens in TV shows but I knew the crash was coming, so I was just super tense for that entire scene.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Texting and driving seems like a pretty cliche way to kill of a main character. Maybe in the 90s they didn't know it was bad for you.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

From their perspective, the whole firm kept vital information hidden from them, so they figure hey, they could be hiding other things, too. It isn't fair but thaaaat's insurance!

HHM allowed Chuck to keep sensitive case files in his unsecured, unpowered house. Jimmy altering one file would only be the tip of the risk iceberg in the insurer's eye - literally anybody could have accessed any document not just to commit fraud but perhaps to gain client information or legal strategy insights, commit identity theft, or just destroy files to sabotage one of HHM's cases and there's no security system or even a security guard posted to protect all of that sensitive information. Additionally its been well-telegraphed that Chuck's house is going to burn down eventually when one of his gas lanterns falls over, and entire cases would go up in smoke.

It's a huge liability from a malpractice viewpoint, and HHM as an entity permitted it and concealed it. It makes perfect sense for the entire firm to have its' insurance rates jacked up now that this has come to light. Document security is a pretty big deal. I'm worried now about Kim's Gatwood Oil files flying down into that canyon after her crash and causing problems for her.

Poque posted:

A million papercuts

Oh God :gonk:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I'm sure the oil tycoon is going to be pissed about legal papers floating in the desert and not her missing a meeting/deadline and him getting hit by double taxation.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can you really be pissed at your lawyer for getting into a car crash

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Help Im Alive posted:

Regardless of whether it's fair or decent, yes you absolutely can.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

if it cost me a shitload of money, yeah i definitely could

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kuiperdolin posted:

Wasn't Jim persona non grata at Sandpiper before?
It was before the trial started, forbidding the lawyers to access their client after it started would be juridic suicide.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

For missing a deadline, absolutely. At least there's not gonna be any alcohol in her system.

edit:

Eh, good enough reason to post this guy. I love this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kIVjOe6hDU

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 14, 2017

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

MarksMan posted:

Why is it that of everything Saul/Jimmy has done, it is the old lady thing in this episode that makes me dislike him? It seems like a new level of low to screw with her friends at the end of her life. Damnit, Jimmy.

Such a brilliant heel turn. With everyone else Jimmy abuses, you can be like "Well, they're rich and powerful" or "Wellll they had it coming..." but with Irene, he literally made an old innocent woman deeply lonely and sad for personal gain. Possibly one of the most banal-yet-shittiest things I've seen a protagonist do on TV.

RedSpider posted:

lol at us engaging emotionally with a well-written show designed to be emotional engaged with. Great post, champ! :downsbravo:

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 14, 2017

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Toplowtech posted:

It was before the trial started, forbidding the lawyers to access their client after it started would be juridic suicide.

But he's not a lawyer anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
You know what could've kept Kim awake?

Some refreshing meth.

What a masterstroke, Vince.

• Locked thread