Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
I never check the OP because Guild Wars 2 thread, but good to know - thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
please do not believe everyone saying the OP is never up to date, I am still being actively emotionally sabotaged by all of you omfg

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah well that typo sat in there for months and literally nobody noticed so you know where you stand

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Kessel posted:

Yeah well that typo sat in there for months and literally nobody noticed so you know where you stand

:smith:

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Arus the builds I was looking at were from the site you linked in the OP (and just a post ago!) :bigtran:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I finished the bullshit crafting collection stage of Astralaria! Now I just need to grind out some more karma after spending it all on obsidian shards so I can buy the recipes needed for gathering all the weird poo poo like wyvern fire.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Atari teenager posted:

New Baby Raid team are gonna be held on Monday Nights 6pmEST/10pmUTC/12amEST (2hours before reset)
It's gonna be a 2-3h raid that accommodate people in these time zones East Coast/Europe

Unfortunately that time's a little early for me--I generally don't get home from work until an hour or two after that--but if that works for everyone else that's fine. I'm geared up enough for raiding already so if I'm free in time I'll gladly join in.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Would this be available for not-so-well-geared characters? My warrior is at level 71, I can probably get him to 80 before next week's but I'm gonna have poo poo for gear.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

Would this be available for not-so-well-geared characters? My warrior is at level 71, I can probably get him to 80 before next week's but I'm gonna have poo poo for gear.

nah its the hardest stuff in the game and you need to be prepared for it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

You're really gonna need exotic gear for raids, I'm afraid. That said, it's not too tough to get full exotics, especially if you keep going with story content for a while.

You don't need full ascended, thankfully, because that's a serious investment, but exotic is pretty non-negotiable, especially with a group that doesn't know the raids yet.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Fair enough, thanks.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it gets to a point where the game starts throwing exotic gear at you anyways, so it's not too hard to get a character geared up with that. it's basically the baseline for endgame equipment, with ascended being for those who do a lot of fractals. typically people will aim for things like ascended weapons first, and ascended accessories can be purchased outright from vendors.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ascended accessories are easy to get, either by buying them with laurels, guild commendations, or map currencies in the Living World season 3 maps. Ascended weapons are fairly expensive but will make the biggest impact on your effectiveness of any single piece of gear, so they're worth aiming for. Ascended armor is basically only for fractals--if you don't plan to do high-tier fractals, ascended armor is absolutely not something you should prioritize. And if you end up raiding, you'll have an easier time getting ascended armor, which is nice.

But yeah, don't stress about exotic gear. You'll get geared out in exotic stuff easily enough once you're 80. You might not be able to jump into raiding the moment you hit 80, but depending on how much you play, it won't be much longer after that. (Especially if you join a hero point train to get your elite spec unlocked in a couple hours.)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I have some pieces of exo gear on my Ranger, but I kinda wasn't enjoying playing with her that much so I was just rushing through areas by the last 10 levels or so; I tried a few other classes but the Warrior clicked so it's probably who I'll be using for endgame stuff for a while.

I could see about jumping into a hero point train with her and give Shaman a try...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Really, both Warrior and Ranger are quite welcome in raid groups and you're going to need full exotic to really keep up with either, so I'd say stick with the character you enjoy the most. In both cases, you'd be there to do damage and to provide really helpful damage buffs to your team (Warriors with banners and the Phalanx Strength trait that lets you share any Might you get, Rangers with a passive crit buff, some Druid-specific damage buffs, and being able to heal).

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
So what's a good meta comp for raids?

how many healers? do we want someone spec into tanking poo poo? etc

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Atari teenager posted:

So what's a good meta comp for raids?

how many healers? do we want someone spec into tanking poo poo? etc

The standard (which varies encounter to encounter) is two chronos, two healer, two PS warrior, and 4 other DPS classes. There's a lot of flexibility, like subbing revenants for warriors, but you'll usually see something like what I described.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
Should I bring my reaper or my tempest, both are full exo geared but the reaper has an ascended weapon

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Saraiguma posted:

Should I bring my reaper or my tempest, both are full exo geared but the reaper has an ascended weapon

Currently condi builds are the flavor of the month. Easy to play and big wiener dps. Power tempest has gotten the nerf stick repeatedly and most groups just run them on big hitbox enemies and for burst dps.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

dad on the rag posted:

Currently condi builds are the flavor of the month. Easy to play and big wiener dps. Power tempest has gotten the nerf stick repeatedly and most groups just run them on big hitbox enemies and for burst dps.

which is why you run condi tempest. and by nerf bat, on small hitbox power tempest now only does 30k. only.

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
So how did you guys like babby raid? Give feeback please.
Did it motivate you to improve builds? Try harder? Or are you disgusted forever of raiding?
I wanna know everything.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I really enjoyed it! Soma is like the Bob Ross of raid leaders. I'll be working on my viper set this week so I'm using a less useless build. Both bosses we tried seem totally doable with some practice!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I keep trying to come back to HoT but I really hate the first expansion area and the whole vertical feel (I can't get any where I want to). Does the later area/season story area get better or at least a bit easier to get around in?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Start with season 3, dont come back to hot until you have all the gliding mastery unlocked, except maybe for dragon stand or auric basin.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

BexGu posted:

I keep trying to come back to HoT but I really hate the first expansion area and the whole vertical feel (I can't get any where I want to). Does the later area/season story area get better or at least a bit easier to get around in?

VB has probably the most verticality, while Tangled Depths is often seen as the most confusing. Auric Basin and Dragon's Stand are both fairly simple maps. I'll happily guide you through TD if you would like a hand; you can look me up ingame as Khongorzul. I can help with any of the maps, really, but I am likely the goon who loves TD the most out of all goons.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Priapus Unbound posted:

VB has probably the most verticality, while Tangled Depths is often seen as the most confusing. Auric Basin and Dragon's Stand are both fairly simple maps. I'll happily guide you through TD if you would like a hand; you can look me up ingame as Khongorzul. I can help with any of the maps, really, but I am likely the goon who loves TD the most out of all goons.

see, i liked TD as well, the whole lanes thing was neat and not that hard to navigate

however, i recently did another round of map completion on TD, and now i firmly believe the entire map can go gently caress itself

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

see, i liked TD as well, the whole lanes thing was neat and not that hard to navigate

however, i recently did another round of map completion on TD, and now i firmly believe the entire map can go gently caress itself

It does have a lot of map completion objectives in odd corners that require an intentional effort to get to. You can't really do map completion by running a big loop like you can in most maps. That can be frustrating.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Baby raid was fun.

For real though people should heed gear advice and just use a meta power build that you can get gear for easily instead of killing yourself trying to cobble together 1/2 of a vipers build over the course of 8 weeks and using rabid exotics or something in the interim.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
The datamined foefire stuff is now in the gemstore http://dulfy.net/2017/06/13/gw2-foefire-mantle-and-wraps-in-gemstore/

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

See, the thing with TD is that most of the map is really cool, but the corner you enter from dumps you into the most pain in the rear end confusing verticality part. You don't go there at all for the meta so I think most people, once they mapcomplete it, purge that part of the map from their memory.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
If the TD minimap was more useful I can see myself hating it less!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Ask me about how long it took me to find my way to the chak hive hp and how long the actual route is.

Ask me about champion mushroom queen hp.

Better yet, don't.

gently caress TD.

The ley line confluence area is fine, it's just the other 75% of the map that makes it a steaming pile of poo poo.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

TD Mushroom queen HP might be a good contender for the hardest HP in the game. It's fought in such a small area and the queen is a nasty opponent even for a bigger group.

All in all, the Mordrem are complete pushovers in comparison to the mushrooms (and raptors).

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I now suffer from mushroom induced PTSD.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yocpvl4pno

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I now have full viper's armor! Now I need the right accessories, amulet, backpiece, and greatsword. Time to farm Bitterfrost and Bloodstone, and get Herta. Whoever designed the Mursaat Token achievement and put 3 in the jumping puzzle is evil.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Erdricks posted:

I now suffer from mushroom induced PTSD.

Imagine for a moment... pocket mushroom raptors.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as dumb as these things look i feel like they might actually work for a guardian

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
There needs to be super flamboyant male Norn bondage gear. Not sure why, but there needs to be an outfit/skin set for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

lucifirius posted:

There needs to be super flamboyant male Norn bondage gear. Not sure why, but there needs to be an outfit/skin set for it.

all dyes merely change the shade of pink

• Locked thread