Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Are there going to be any fighter update rounds this week? I'm going to be away for 4 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Apply to be the new roaming thread, like that book bus thing a while back? :getin:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

jon joe posted:

So, crazy idea: What if, after this test tournament, we put a new thread, except it's in GBS so we can recruit new blood?

This is your worst idea yet and we've seen your builds.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Splode posted:

This is your worst idea yet and we've seen your builds.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused; did you take an insult meant for Spermy Smurf or Bad Munki and somehow retrofit it for me?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

jon joe posted:

Sorry, I'm a bit confused; did you take an insult meant for Spermy Smurf or Bad Munki and somehow retrofit it for me?

No, the two clauses are unrelated. Moving the thread to another forum is a terrible idea, and Jazzimus needs to work on website security.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

AJ_Impy posted:

No, the two clauses are unrelated. Moving the thread to another forum is a terrible idea, and Jazzimus needs to work on website security.

Oh okay that makes sense :)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

habituallyred posted:

Apply to be the new roaming thread, like that book bus thing a while back? :getin:

The legendary chicken cheese thread was a masterpiece.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jon joe posted:

So, crazy idea: What if, after this test tournament, we put a new thread, except it's in GBS so we can recruit new blood?

A new thread right here in Let's Play would attract plenty of new blood if necessary.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do it for the next tourney

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

A new thread right here in Let's Play would attract plenty of new blood if necessary.

I will finish the tourney quick if you promise to make a fighter.

:getin:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The strangest contest of wills.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Considering that I'm writing up my third match of the round right now I'd settle for you finishing the round. :colbert:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Tell me about it.

On one hand you have a guy who got sucked into a game like never before. Nothing competes with this, nothing in the last decade anyway. I dream of Mount and Blade. I fire it up for 30 minutes when kids are napping. I play it before work, after work, on my lunch break. This is the most addicting thing ever.

On the other hand: A lawyer.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The Mount and Blade grabs Spermy Smerg by the brain with its gameplay!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Added Space posted:

Considering that I'm writing up my third match of the round right now I'd settle for you finishing the round. :colbert:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568167&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post473411482

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

I'm in. I've been following the thread again so I won't miss it.

I'm also tempted to try a re-balance of the item and skill costs and such

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Stepladders please.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I would like an option to just hold a large rock or tree limb

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i would like to see blood

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I would like to wield blood

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Stepladders please.

Could turn stepladders into folding chairs with like 15 seconds of editing for maximum hilarity.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
when you think about it, punching someone is throwing blood at them

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I would like to bleed stepladders, and then wield them

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Alternatively, I would like to wield a wolf corpse. If my adventurer playthroughs are any indication they are extremely deadly against, at minimum, other wolves.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Only if you detach your fist before it hits them, I think.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
:siren: Round 2, Fight 4 :siren:

Those With Style is on the left side of the arena.
Minos III (Maarak) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper war hammer and wears an iron mail shirt and iron gauntlets.
Dan Man Dan (astus) is a male gremlin. He is empty handed and wears a leather cap, leather armor, iron greaves, leather gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Hurryslurry (habituallyred) is a male troll. He wields an iron pike and a wooden shield and wears an iron mail shirt.

Insecurities Council is on the right side of the arena.
The Official UN Observer (Tunicate) is a male human. He wields a copper pike and wears an iron cap and an iron mail shirt.
Starlight Dancer (I R SMART LIKE ROCK) is a female elf. She wields an iron pike and wears an iron helm, three iron mail shirts, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Gnot Me (Gnoman) is a male dark gnome. He wields a bronze short sword and wears a bronze helm.

Those With Style is a 1.52 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 2275.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1500.00 dwarfbucks for Insecurities Council.

Both of these teams had narrow losses in the first round and are looking to make a comeback. Each side has one gimmick character, but I have to put the observer with a usable weapon over the tiny martial artist. This is also a very diverse match, each fighter coming from a different species.

The fight opens with Minos III being double-piked in the right leg, knocking him over.

Dan Man Dan takes a few wild shots at Starlight Dancer, but Gnot Me puts him on the ground.

Minos III jumps into the middle of Insecurities Council and relieves The Official UN Observer of his pike. Guess he didn't see that one coming!

Gnot Me opens a large wound on Minos III's head, but leaves himself open for a shot from Dan Man Dan.

Minos III further ruins the weapon arm of UN Observer. At this point he probably can't see through the tears and blood. Hurryslurry and Starlight Dancer circle around each other, neither able to land a hit. In the middle of the arena, Dan Man Dan is having the better of the exchange between the small creatures.

Hurryslurry takes over humie-bashing duty as the relatively intact elf and Minotaur turn to each other. Each is very skilled, effortlessly deflecting attacks.

Dan Man Dan finally manages to knock the weapon out of Gnot Me's hand, leaving two members of the Council unarmed. Starlight Dancer is almost uninjured, but Dan Man Dan and Hurryslurry are both fresh and still armed.

UN Observer finally passes out from pain. A couple blows to the head sees him out.

Starlight Dancer has taken her time toying with an injured Minos III, but time has now run out as a fresh Hurryslurry charges from the side. Even Dan Man Dan piles in to try to neutralize the last remaining threat.

True to her name, Starlight Dancer glides through the enemy, peeling off Hurryslurry to toy with the helpless Gnot Me. Somehow an exhausted, winded, and heavily injured Minos III keeps trying to land a decisive blow while Dan Man Dan can only manage bruises.

WHY DO YOU KEEP BITING HIS FOOT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Dan Man Dan finally finds his opening and lands what might be the decisive blow, bringing the proud Dancer to the floor.

Starlight Dancer endures several cruel blows – but then the pain of the long battle overwhelms Minos III and he passes out. A quick pike through his head and Dancer scampers away again.

Dan Man Dan races circles around the elf, who can't stab her pike fast enough to hit the little guy. Time runs out for Dancer once again as Gnot Me finally bleeds out and leaves her heavily bruised against two uninjured fighters.

It's only a matter of time as Dancer has most of her teeth knocked out and her weapon arm broken. Eventually she too passes out and Hurryslurry removes her helm for the killing blow.

:siren: Those With Style advance with a commanding 3-1 victory! The hubris of Starlight Dancer has lead Insecurities Council to elimination!

Kills:

Hurryslurry – 3
Starlight Dancer – 1

MVG – Dan Man Dan!

Combat Log

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The unilateral motion to disarm was sustained.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
kung fu gremlin... legit??????

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What the hell, a boxing gremlin being useful?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Well I'll be damned

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
I was going to be happy with just boxing out a dark gnome, but apparently gremlin punches are still strong enough to pull limbs and tear apart muscle through iron armor on an elf.

Though now the question is, what the hell do I spend these points on? I already maxed out striking and it's not like I can upgrade Dan Man Dan's fists. Gauntlets don't actually add to strikes, do they?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Astus posted:

Gauntlets don't actually add to strikes, do they?

Correct, armor only armors.

edit: Though this new version may treat armor strangely. Through my testing, I have noticed greater "The force bends...tearing apart muscle" messages against enemies wearing armor, than against those wearing none.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 15, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not as far as I can see. It seems more dependent on how strong/massive the fighter is for transmitted force to be a factor.

quote:

Troll 45 strikes Troll 42 in the left lower arm with her platinum buckler, bruising the muscle!
The force twists the left elbow, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone and tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!

44 trolls died for this science.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Not as far as I can see. It seems more dependent on how strong/massive the fighter is for transmitted force to be a factor.

44 trolls died for this science.

What if size of the target also matters?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Welp, looks like we need to have a discussion about dental hygiene

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Smaller targets die too fast for me to observe.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Toe to Toe with an Elf? 3 kills? Things are looking up for a guy I threw together in about a minute. Also the correct answer is to buy adamantium bling for your little boxer.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So on the wishlist we have:

Mystery Boxes
Ladder Matches
Steel Chairs
Tree limb clubs
Spitting blood like those dinosaurs that ate Newman
Dickspears
Detachable limbs
Vox making a fighter, Jazz making a new thread for next tourney

:siren: Round 2, Fight 2 :siren:

Strength++ is on the left side of the arena.
Big Guy (Tiler Kiwi) is a male yeti. He wields a bronze two-handed sword and wears an iron helm and an iron breast plate.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (Added Space) is a male dwarf. He wields a steel great axe and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Landsknechtaur (my dad) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper spear and a copper pike and wears a steel cap, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

The Kool-Aid Men is on the right side of the arena.
Hoofvs McKenzie (Galick) is a male minotaur. He wields a silver maul and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Brutalist Architect (Ramc) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron battleaxe and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Dig Dug (Bad Munki) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper pick and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and iron gauntlets.

Strength++ is a 1.10 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 7801.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 7122.00 dwarfbucks for The Kool-Aid Men.

Size is about even, so lets get it on so I can get back to my true love.

The fighters clash and dance around for a bit with deflections and bruises. Hoofvs smashes Big Guy in the neck but only causes a bruise. The Yeti returns a strike so hard that it twists the minotaurs right hand violently and snaps a tendon.

Brutalist Architect likes what he sees and does the exact same thing to Cheap Chopper.

Landsknechtaur misses a parry and Dig Dug snaps the horned head back with a well placed pick.

Big Guy charges Brutalist who dodges and slices off a yeti foot in response. Big Guy falls to the floor.

Things go from bad to worse for Big Guy as Brutalist begins chopping higher and higher up the yetis leg.

Landsknechtaur kicks Dig Dugs rear foot which explodes into pieces. Another stab to the moleman and a front leg is fractured; down goes Dig Dug. Big Guy, floored, manages to hit Brutalist in the shoulder with his huge sword, but armor deflects the blow. That doesn't stop the sheer force from twisting and tearing tendons and ligaments. Another swing from Big Guy and Brutalists ankle is popped out of joint with a tearing of muscles.

Dig Dug plants his pick in Landsknechtaurs chest at the same time Brutalist hacks Big Guy in his one good leg.

Cheap Chopper and Hoofvs have been trading blows but mostly dodges and deflections since the opening salvo. Until now. Hoofvs slams his maul down on the dwarfs foot, the force of the blow shattering the ankle joint and all associated ligaments. Cheap Chopper falls to the floor.

Brutalist removes two of Big Guys hands in rapid succession. He's got one limb left and it's a chopped to poo poo right leg. At least we will finally see if "throwing blood" is a viable offense.

quote:

Brutalist Architect hacks Big Guy in the right foot with his iron battle axe and the severed part sails off in an arc!
And now the yeti has all 4 limbs spraying blood everywhere. Its gotta be better than pocket sand, right?

It is not.

Landsknechtaur kicks a moleman tooth out, then stabs his nose off. Hoofvs smashes Cheap Choppers arm and the dwarf drops his steel axe.

Cheap Chopper, defenseless, gets pummeled for a bit before having his entire chest squished paper thin by Hoofvs maul.

Dig Dug finally succumbs to the hundred stabs from Landsknechtaur.

It's 2v1. One badly wounded minotaur against a dwarf who can barely move and a tired but relatively uninjured minotaur.

Hoofvs doesnt need help. Landsknechtaur tries his best but his best is easily parried by Hoofv. A half dozen maulings later and one minotaur stands triumphant.

The Kool-Aid Men win with a 3-1 victory that could have gone either way. All fighters were badly injured.

Kills:
Hoofvs McKenzie: 2
Brutalist Architect: 1

LandSknechtaur: 1

Combat Log

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
"If I cut those off would you die?"

"It would be very painful"

"..."

"...yes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah boyyyyyyyyy

The way our first fight went, vs the way Strength--'s first fight went, I was pretty sure I'd made the wrong bet going into this thing.