Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Welp. Here comes the annual call-up bug. Between injuries and call-ups the Sounders are left with one (1) forward on the roster, international superstar Seki Akedoya(!?). They will be playing at Columbus, who just lost to Toronto 5-0.

MLS can be crazy so I will be happy to be wrong, but I get the sense this game will have all the goal scoring action of that Huddersfield/Reading playoff. Perhaps I will spend Wednesday evening watching paint dry instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?

Papal Mainframe posted:

Gently in order to enjoy it while it lasts? :v:

That's about right. I speak from experience. :sigh:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

shirts and skins posted:

Welp. Here comes the annual call-up bug. Between injuries and call-ups the Sounders are left with one (1) forward on the roster, international superstar Seki Akedoya(!?). They will be playing at Columbus, who just lost to Toronto 5-0.

MLS can be crazy so I will be happy to be wrong, but I get the sense this game will have all the goal scoring action of that Huddersfield/Reading playoff. Perhaps I will spend Wednesday evening watching paint dry instead.

By saying all of this you're basically guaranteeing that this game is going to end 6-5, because MLS.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

shirts and skins posted:

At least we were already missing Lleget, J³, and Rogers. Now we get to lose Dos Santos as well. I don't think I could be happier that Gyasi has been sucking lately.

Also, this is officially a winning streak according to the rules laid down by the greatest manager of all time:

Lou Brown: OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

I also like to feel that this is what our team is currently thinking now that J³ is gone and we can totally play the game we need to:

Lou Brown: [Lou's talk to the team before the opening day game] All right people, we got 10 minutes 'till game time, let's all gather 'round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat!
[entire team laughs]

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

JJJ is pre-glasses Vaughn in this scenario, isn't he?

And now I'll have to spend the next 20 minutes looking up Bob Uecker clips.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

whypick1 posted:

JJJ is pre-glasses Vaughn in this scenario, isn't he?

And now I'll have to spend the next 20 minutes looking up Bob Uecker clips.

Jake Taylor with Dorn's personality. Was once kinda good, but is now old, injured, and will only do one good thing this year.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I'm happy that Dax got called up the USMNT again, but the prospect of either moving Polster up from RB or starting Juninho again is not good.

On another note, is anyone planning on going to the All-Star Game? I just got my tickets.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Jake Taylor with Dorn's personality. Was once kinda good, but is now old, injured, and will only do one good thing this year.

I was trying to pick just one guy, but I think you've nailed it there.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao that ortiz was suspended for his shameful dive

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I know I've said this before but this Kelyn Rowe at left back insanity has got to stop. If Jay is gonna do this at least play a 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2 for fucks sake.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Newest rumor in Rapids land is they've signed Luis Montes, currently of Leon, to be a #10. Esportes.mx has an article saying 3 million on his contract and 3 years. Not sure if he'd be a DP or if they have a boatload of TAM to spend. link to article in Spanish Montes' own Facebook page has shared that article so it feels like it's probably a done deal.

I don't like it much because in over 6000 minutes since his broken leg in 2014, he's had 1 goal every 715 minutes and 1 assist every 400 minutes. That's...at best, underwhelming. Yes may be MLS easier to score/get assists blah blah but still. I'm also wondering how many players they're going to have to cut to afford him, and what they're going to do if they lose that depth and have injuries.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Newest rumor in Rapids land is they've signed Luis Montes, currently of Leon, to be a #10. Esportes.mx has an article saying 3 million on his contract and 3 years. Not sure if he'd be a DP or if they have a boatload of TAM to spend. link to article in Spanish Montes' own Facebook page has shared that article so it feels like it's probably a done deal.

I don't like it much because in over 6000 minutes since his broken leg in 2014, he's had 1 goal every 715 minutes and 1 assist every 400 minutes. That's...at best, underwhelming. Yes may be MLS easier to score/get assists blah blah but still. I'm also wondering how many players they're going to have to cut to afford him, and what they're going to do if they lose that depth and have injuries.

Supposedly Juan Ramirez would be the big one and they want to do that anyway, so....eh. Not thrilled about this either but it's something I suppose.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Moktaro posted:

Supposedly Juan Ramirez would be the big one and they want to do that anyway, so....eh. Not thrilled about this either but it's something I suppose.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Ramirez left or was cut. Guy just couldn't stop tripping over the ball.

Meanwhile Rapids president Tim Hinchey has left to go work for USA Swimming.

https://twitter.com/coloradorapids/status/870316275355877376

Off the field and behind the scenes he did good work. On the field...not so much.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Off the field and behind the scenes he did good work. On the field...not so much.

He does look a little too old to keep pace with the rest of the league.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

He does look a little too old to keep pace with the rest of the league.

Yeah, but you ought to see his 200m freestyle.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
when i root i root for the tibmers.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Robo Turnus posted:

when i root i root for the tibmers.

Trigger warning please.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

*tibs bedora*

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I've never heard of a team giving up 11 goals in a week.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It does seem like we've had more high scoring games than usual.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And now there are reports of maybe Rapids target Luis Montes renewing with Leon instead. Who knows? :shrug:

https://twitter.com/CARLOSLGUERRERO/status/871508500861538306

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I'd rather the Rapids get someone under 30 and in decent form so yeah, whatevs.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
Just saw a replay of Ramos's red card. Chock it up to "Unkel Strikes Again"? :psyduck:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I was hoping the Rapids would sign him, he has past it flop signing written all over him.

Also Flacco might be out

https://twitter.com/Aleespitia2015/status/871953043482333185

I mean its not a huge loss, but he played fine the last couple of games.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 6, 2017

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Papal Mainframe posted:

Just saw a replay of Ramos's red card. Chock it up to "Unkel Strikes Again"? :psyduck:

Watching it in slow-mo, it looks like Ramos when studs first into the knee of the other player. Hard to tell, but since it's Unkel I'm immediately skeptical he made the correct call.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

Diplomat posted:

Watching it in slow-mo, it looks like Ramos when studs first into the knee of the other player. Hard to tell, but since it's Unkel I'm immediately skeptical he made the correct call.

We are talking about the red versus Chicago right? It's not even that much of a challenge and Ramos doesn't even see the guy until the last second. Just making sure we are on the same topic :D

Papal Mainframe fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 6, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Huh, actually surprised to see this happen:

https://twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/status/872551874385326080

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

I disagree with the overturn, but it was a controversial call so it could have gone either way.

Ramos certainly went studs up (with what looks like an necessary kick). At least we'll have him available going into next week.
https://twitter.com/TheRealJC22/status/871961357880614912

Diplomat fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 7, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Some guy just explained how MLS works, and it's very informative.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/sinow/status/874797306280910848

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
Stuff like that is why I love the concept of the Open Cup.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That was a really nice goal, too bad they couldn't hold on.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Reposting this from the the Oregoons thread because this is loving hysterical. "Conservative sports radio host", Dino Costa, has been in Portland for 2 weeks on the station that is the official Timbers broadcast partner. Since I don't pay gently caress all attention to sports radio, I missed out on some of this dude's greatest hits. Apparently he claimed that Portland was going to adapt to him, not the other way around. Last weekend was the TA pride tifo and apparently it triggered him.

He goes from this...
https://twitter.com/DINOCOSTARADIO/status/874765468480946176

to this
https://twitter.com/DINOCOSTARADIO/status/875050251115274243

in less than a day.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If that flag was really supposed to represent Portland there wouldn't be any black in it :v:

Good riddance to that twatwaffle.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
What am I supposed to be caring about here.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

highme posted:

Reposting this from the the Oregoons thread because this is loving hysterical. "Conservative sports radio host", Dino Costa, has been in Portland for 2 weeks on the station that is the official Timbers broadcast partner. Since I don't pay gently caress all attention to sports radio, I missed out on some of this dude's greatest hits. Apparently he claimed that Portland was going to adapt to him, not the other way around. Last weekend was the TA pride tifo and apparently it triggered him.

He goes from this...
https://twitter.com/DINOCOSTARADIO/status/874765468480946176

to this
https://twitter.com/DINOCOSTARADIO/status/875050251115274243

in less than a day.
Who gives a gently caress about Timbers Twitter tard drama

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

What am I supposed to be caring about here.

Nothing.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Correct

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

If that flag was really supposed to represent Portland there wouldn't be any black in it :v:

Good riddance to that twatwaffle.

It would have a very small black line, way out on the east side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

El Jebus posted:

It would have a very small black line, way out on the east side.

Funny poo poo for sure

• Locked thread