Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Makeover complete, ready for Stormblood :toot:

Those are some nice boots, what are they?

Also, well done for picking the one not-insufferable, actually quite handsome, look for your catman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicspren
Oct 21, 2010

Bobfly posted:

Those are some nice boots, what are they?

Expeditioner's Thighboots.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

amaranthine posted:

managed to down a12s on my static's last day before the expansion, feels... good?

(I mean, there was echo and it was mostly me yelling at people about communion puddles, but still. feels pretty good.)

Good poo poo.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Page 2000!

Also, I missed a slide from earlier:

Squeenix is opening up a server in Europe called Omega, and there will be incentives to transferring there. Eurogoons maybe factor that into things before actually moving?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Omega is an alright name, I'm 100% rolling an alt if goons want to establish some presence there.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

SonicRulez posted:

I want the Squall stuff so bad but it'll be like 2 or 3 years before I get it.

Uh, veteran rewards are going away and being replaced with... something to do with an airship? That the squall outfit was in this video seems to suggest it'll be around in some form but it's probably not gonna be easy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I thought all they were saying is no additional veteran rewards were being added, but the old ones would continue to exist forever

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Page 2000!

Also, I missed a slide from earlier:

Squeenix is opening up a server in Europe called Omega, and there will be incentives to transferring there. Eurogoons maybe factor that into things before actually moving?

I might go if the incentive is substantial. I think what would convince me is beyond what's fair though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Sade posted:

Uh, veteran rewards are going away and being replaced with... something to do with an airship? That the squall outfit was in this video seems to suggest it'll be around in some form but it's probably not gonna be easy

cheetah7071 posted:

I thought all they were saying is no additional veteran rewards were being added, but the old ones would continue to exist forever

Old veteran's rewards campaign is done-done. Nothing new will be added to it, which means people will eventually catch up to the people who have been subbed since day 1 and get the Leonhart gear too.

The new way they are doing veteran's rewards is that they will open up windows of, "If you have X number of days paid subscription during this time period, you will get this item".

I have no particular insight how this new thing works specifically, but given that you can hold up to six months worth of prepaid time in advance, I *assume* that regardless if you buy three months of prepaid time on the very last day, or renew your 30 day sub three times, you will still get the mount.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the stream explicitly said that it's basically 90 days of paid time sometime during the window, so tossing on a timecard or the like would work.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Man I have a few months already paid for, that isn't going to count for the dildo airship jetbike is it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Man I have a few months already paid for, that isn't going to count for the dildo airship jetbike is it?

I'd imagine that any days that fall in that window probably do, so say it starts when you have 28 days remaining, you'll be at 28/90 when it opens but it naturally depends on when the window opens.

If they're showing it like this though, it'll probably open on Tuesday?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I just made iLvl requirement at what I think is the second to last story required dungeon (Xelphatol), and I see that the final story dungeon is requires iLvl 230 :shepicide:

I wanted to get through the patch content before Friday, but it doesn't look likely at this point. Not unless I skip work and poopsock 8v8 Feast tomorrow, anyway, and I can't really do that. If it is stated or if the last expansion patch is an indicator, will the requirements for story dungeons be done away with on Friday, or at least lessened? I know that they will have the story dungeons hand out gear. I think I may as well just wait until the patch hits. I already got the expansion but at least I got a discount out of it if not early access.

EDIT: To those who say "You should have poopsocked Feast in the first place for gear", please consider that I am an goddamned idiot.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

If you are on excal, ask in fc chat for some help. There are plenty of crafter goons in all of the FCs who are there to help people get ready for the expansion.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Unlucky7 posted:

So I just made iLvl requirement at what I think is the second to last story required dungeon (Xelphatol), and I see that the final story dungeon is requires iLvl 230 :shepicide:

I wanted to get through the patch content before Friday, but it doesn't look likely at this point. Not unless I skip work and poopsock 8v8 Feast tomorrow, anyway, and I can't really do that. If it is stated or if the last expansion patch is an indicator, will the requirements for story dungeons be done away with on Friday, or at least lessened? I know that they will have the story dungeons hand out gear. I think I may as well just wait until the patch hits. I already got the expansion but at least I got a discount out of it if not early access.

EDIT: To those who say "You should have poopsocked Feast in the first place for gear", please consider that I am an goddamned idiot.
Ask in the guild, someone might be willing to craft you some gear.

Edit: eh, always too late

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I appreciate the offer, but I am not on Excalibur.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Unlucky7 posted:

If all the content is new to you why are you in such a rush to get through the last few patches so fast? Stormblood isn't going anywhere and if anything you'll avoid the annoying rush of people questing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Verranicus posted:

If all the content is new to you why are you in such a rush to get through the last few patches so fast? Stormblood isn't going anywhere and if anything you'll avoid the annoying rush of people questing

Engaging in a shared experience with the rest of the playerbase is fun

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Seriously, I like to think that I am not really "rushing" anything except maybe to get gear, and I already said that I am not killing myself trying to get everything done by tomorrow that this point. And chances are I am probably going to complete Hildibrant, the other patch side quests, and the rest of the dungeons before setting foot into Stormblood anyway. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

EDIT2: I removed the original reply and I apologize for it.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 14, 2017

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
At least getting the gear for the last dungeon of HW should become much easier on Friday.

cheetah7071 posted:

Engaging in a shared experience with the rest of the playerbase is fun

Being behind one dungeon and whatever talk quests follow is not really preventing them from doing so.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

So there's a dragongirl in limsa on Excal called Yumi Hime, she regularly dances near the aetheryte. Anyone's seen her? What is she dancing?

edit: found it! Songbird dance.

Shy fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jun 14, 2017

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'll be moving to Omega with the unexclusively goon and friends FC from Midgardsormr. If there aren't enough people for a dedicated goon group, you'd be welcome with us. Though it's a casual group that's only recently been tackling the harder content, so it might not be for everyone.

Unlucky7 posted:

I can try and craft some stuff to help you. How far off is your iLevel from 235? I can't remember how geared my classes are, but I can at least make accessories with the right materials.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They're really serious about this AoE nerfing. Even Deathflare has a damage reduction on more than 1 target now :(

And Devotion is a single "nearest" target buff :laffo:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
So, what's the status on EU goons moving to a new server? Happening/not happening/where?

I'm resubbing and have no idea what's the EU plan.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

So, what's the status on EU goons moving to a new server? Happening/not happening/where?

They added only one new server so EU Rper's will probably be moving there it seems.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
EU RPers have been threatening to move to servers for years and it's always fallen through, they never want to leave their friends on NA servers and RP doesn't exactly require good ping

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Besides it gives more amusement potential.

I'm waiting to see the bonuses before I decide if I'm leaving my Excal friends or not (Baph :sadwave: ).

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

There's no real plan yet, from what I've gathered. A lot of folk are waiting on more details. The Midgardsormr FC is just moving because the members are predominantly EU and it's free.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Thumbtacks posted:

the question is, is this the 8man or 24man

Here's a pic where they're not weapons out so you can see the outfits better:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So does the dungeon roulette make it's party comps based on your class? Because i swear as long as i've had the Bard job i've always had a Dragoon as the second DPS in the group, no exceptions, usually an AST for healer and the tank a DK although somtimes a Paladin.

The good news, nobody is going to ninja all the dex gear, the bad news is it gets repetitive seeing the same groups over and over and there is nobody to benefit from Foe Requiem, at least there Paeon at the very least i guess :sigh:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It tries to make 1 tonk 1 melee 1 ranged 1 heals groups. It'll however give up on the 1 melee 1 ranged if there's none of either in the queue at all.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Here's a post about transfer bonuses
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5e1a319accdb6ec98b54ef82e35d22338cf55ce7

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

quote:

Bonuses awarded at character creation
Double EXP bonus (until level 60 is reached)
Bonuses for characters created during bonus period that attain level 30 in any class
Gift of 1,000,000 gil
Gift of 15 days of free play time

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

quote:

Maximum amount of gil that can be transferred increased to 999,999,999
Gift of 10 gold chocobo feathers, exchangeable for special rewards such as rare mounts

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Exchanging a 190 ping to a 28 one sounds nice but I'm only going to move to Chaos data center if a sizeable goon population migrates as well. My current ping is manageable but leaves me without being able to dualweave skills reliably. I would miss the three free companies full of grouping and crafting help more than I'd enjoy the lower ping, too.

I forget who it was that originally brought up EU goon migration ITT but I do remember there being a poll gathering opinions on this. Back then it was agreed that we'd first consider any migration bonuses before committing to anything. For now it looks like gil bank and housing won't be a problem though?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

jyrque posted:

Exchanging a 190 ping to a 28 one sounds nice but I'm only going to move to Chaos data center if a sizeable goon population migrates as well. My current ping is manageable but leaves me without being able to dualweave skills reliably. I would miss the three free companies full of grouping and crafting help more than I'd enjoy the lower ping, too.

I forget who it was that originally brought up EU goon migration ITT but I do remember there being a poll gathering opinions on this. Back then it was agreed that we'd first consider any migration bonuses before committing to anything. For now it looks like gil bank and housing won't be a problem though?

Results from Locusts Poll was about 50 people (totalling yes, yes if enough people and yes if they give me a free transfer) http://www.strawpoll.me/12978239/r There could be more people who just don't bother with forum polls though, might be good to get more solid numbers

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

quote:

Bonuses awarded at character creation

Double EXP bonus (until level 60 is reached)
Gift of 10 silver chocobo feathers, exchangeable for low-mid level gear to improve the leveling experience
Bonuses for characters created during bonus period that attain level 30 in any class

Gift of 1,000,000 gil(*1)
Gift of 15 days of free play time(*2)

*1 Limited to once per data center on a single service account.
*2 Limited to once per service account when creating a new character on either a new or designated World.

quote:

Bonuses for Transferring to New Worlds

Transferring to a new World will earn you the bonuses outlined below.

These bonuses will remain in effect until the population of active players in the World in question has grown to a specified number.

World transfer bonuses

Transfer is free of charge
Maximum amount of gil that can be transferred increased to 999,999,999
Gift of 10 gold chocobo feathers, exchangeable for special rewards such as rare mounts
Bonuses for owners of personal housing/apartments

Personal housing
Reimbursement for the full price of the estate, plus compensation of 3,000,000 gil for non-recoverable furnishings

Please apply for a World transfer after removing your estate hall and furnishings, but DO NOT relinquish the land. If you have relinquished the deed to your plot, you will not be eligible to receive the bonuses outlined above.
Apartments
Reimbursement of the 500,000 gil price, and compensation of 500,000 gil for non-recoverable furnishings

Please apply for a World transfer after removing your furnishings, but DO NOT vacate the apartment. If you have relinquished the rights to your property, you will not be eligible to receive the bonuses outlined above.
* Any gil above the maximum of 999,999,999 will be lost.

Characters that have transferred to a new World during the bonus period will be restricted from using the World transfer service for 90 days.

....I mean, it would be foolish *not* to take Squeenix up on their offer if eurogoons were going to transfer anyways, that's *stupid* generous.

poo poo, I am going to roll a character on an EU server and faff about to level 30, can I do that?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 14, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Wait is this Excal goons talking about moving to EU, or EU goons

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

^^^^Both

If they mean full price could you boy a house at a discount and thus turn a profit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Wouldn't the ping be trash if you were a US goon?

I like free stuff I am just confused

• Locked thread