Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Honestly, I don't care so much about anyone's politics as I really want to hope that we're not at a point as a country where shooting politicians is normal discourse.

I'd much rather see them die lonely and afraid after losing their offices by popular vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Finicums Wake posted:

hint: establishment democrats are, once again, rigging what should be a fair contest

lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's too bad they weren't playing Thunderball where there is always a gun in center field.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Drone posted:

Even better, single-payer Congressmen-only healthcare.

Congress was forced into the exchanges by a GOPer, has that changed?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
In the future, all Congressional baseball games will be played with assault rifles instead of bats to prevent this from happening again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly, I don't care so much about anyone's politics as I really want to hope that we're not at a point as a country where shooting politicians is normal discourse.

I'd much rather see them die lonely and afraid after losing their offices by popular vote.

It's not normal discourse. It happens extremely rarely. There's no risk of shooting politicians being normalized, ever. It's just gonna happen sometimes. At least sometimes it happens to people who deserve it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Boon posted:

Congress was forced into the exchanges by a GOPer, has that changed?

I don't think that ever happened.

e:

http://www.snopes.com/members-congress-health-care/

Kinda?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

ikanreed posted:

There is no such thing as karma, FYI. He'll make a full recovery.

The guys 51, no chance he isn't in pain forever from a hip shot

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Oh my golly gee willickers we were just doing our job helping America by killing as many poors as we can manage, people are just being unreasonable shooting us in return.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

depends if he got shot-shot or if it just grazed him.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's too bad they weren't playing Thunderball where there is always a gun in center field.

I appreciate this reference.

Clearly we need better supercool enforcement.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Wait, I'm confused, I thought left-hitters were coveted in baseball :confused:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

clean ayers act posted:

Theres a certain irony in Republicans getting attacked by a man with what seems likely to be some type of assault rifle

Unfortunately there is nothing to be done, mass shooting incidents are like acts of nature.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

You've never been in the country. Rifles in vehicles is common, for a number of non-terrorism reasons.

I live in Texas and am very familiar with the country. Even in the country people don't usually just have their rifles in their car all the time.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

I live in Texas and am very familiar with the country. Even in the country people don't usually just have their rifles in their car all the time.

Especially with several dozen rounds in a high-cap mag. This wasn't a crime of passion.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I just tried looking at trending Twitter and it's clear that Twitter needs to die

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Especially with several dozen rounds in a high-cap mag. This wasn't a crime of passion.

Assuming it's a high-cap mag because he fired 50 shots is like assuming since I only bought 1 condom, I must be re-using it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If the dude had any sort of tactical training at all, there's a good chance he can change magazines in less than 2 seconds. It doesn't have to be a high cap mag.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Moxie posted:

I just tried looking at trending Twitter and it's clear that Twitter needs to die

We must hack Twitter and forcefully close his account for Twitter to be destroyed by a wrathful 71 year old child.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Republicans will never hold a town hall again

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Moxie posted:

It actually seems ok for once?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Blitz7x posted:

He's going to get addicted to opiates.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Assuming it's a high-cap mag because he fired 50 shots is like assuming since I only bought 1 condom, I must be re-using it.

I figure the whole thing took less than thirty seconds to transpire, so I was assuming he didn't have time for multiple reloads. But then I ain't a gun-toter, maybe he had a bolt-action and was fast as a motherfucker.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJMHlUJNl3s&t=37s
ron paul hitting the first over-the-fence home run lmao

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Oh now the GOP is against "second amendment remedies"?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

I figure the whole thing took less than thirty seconds to transpire, so I was assuming he didn't have time for multiple reloads. But then I ain't a gun-toter, maybe he had a bolt-action and was fast as a motherfucker.

He could have easily just had 2-3 magazines, was my point. Reloading a magazine-fed rifle isn't any more complicated that playing your Super NES.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is #SecondAmendmentSolution trending yet or

nerox
May 20, 2001
Right off the bat you guys are making a slot of speculation. This shooter came out of left field and really threw a curve ball into the national discussion on what is actually important. I am going to ball park it that in a few hours someone is going to step up to the plate on this and then we will learn what really happened. Until then, can we stop the baseball references? We have had a few home runs, but most of the comments have been strike outs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
#finalroundsolution

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

RC Cola posted:

It actually seems ok for once?

Are you saying it's usually worse? It's like 70% "look what liberals have done" or lovely TV "journalists" paraphrasing each other

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Scalise survive?

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

FourLeaf posted:

No one cares if you "don't feel sympathy" for the victims and are in fact cheering, except for the FBI who is probably monitoring this thread

Oh no, the FBI will charge me with not feeling sympathy for a victim.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

If the dude had any sort of tactical training at all, there's a good chance he can change magazines in less than 2 seconds. It doesn't have to be a high cap mag.

If he'd had any training he'd probably have gotten at least one to somebody's center of mass, out of 50 rounds. Maybe? I dunno.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did Scalise survive?

Unfortunately

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

If the guy had any tactical training at all he probably wouldn't have fired 50 rounds without killing anyone.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

nerox posted:

Right off the bat you guys are making a slot of speculation. This shooter came out of left field and really threw a curve ball into the national discussion on what is actually important. I am going to ball park it that in a few hours someone is going to step up to the plate on this and then we will learn what really happened. Until then, can we stop the baseball references? We have had a few home runs, but most of the comments have been strike outs.

Look, Nerox, we don't need someone coming in during the 11th inning and telling us how to play the ballgame. You're getting us no closer to saving the game.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Constantly stuck bouncing back and forth between "look at the tolerant left, murderers" and "if it was a Republican who fired 50 shots, someone would have actually died"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did Scalise survive?

The Republican lived.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/megkinnardap/status/874968353995182082

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Now they're saying it wasn't even Scalise that got hit, but one of his staffers.

• Locked thread