Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Chilichimp posted:

Those posts wax more of sarcasm to me, but welp, you seem determined to be a simpering shitbrain over this so feel free to believe what you want.

I hope they are sarcastic. But I used to believe that the alt-right were sarcastic. Now I take people at their word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
[quote="“Shimrra Jamaane”" post="“473386005”"]
Glazier posted that he literally hopes that every Republican is murdered.

I mean it is Glazier but still.
[/quote]

This should be the position of any right thinking individual.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

BarbarianElephant posted:

Because I'm posting something that goes badly against the forum consensus, usually gets me banned in most forums. Screw it.

you're a huge idiot if you think that

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Because I'm posting something that goes badly against the forum consensus, usually gets me banned in most forums. Screw it.

It's probably posts like this that are actually getting you banned

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Arlington, VA, is not rural Texas or rural Virginia, for that matter. It's fully within the DC-Boston urban megalopolis. I'd be really surprised if the guy was routinely driving around with a rifle in his vehicle.

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013

FourLeaf posted:

I think you'd be really surprised at what counts as inciting and making a "true threat" these days

Really, how is Hannity/Fox News not being swarmed then?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

The general vibe I'm getting from this thread is "A shame he's expected to recover" - what's that if not support for murder. I'll probably get banned for this. But you guys have lost the plot.

If you think that's bad, wait until ACHA passes and the first death is actually a Republican congreeman's kid for revenge for their kid having to die because they have nothing to pay for medical costs.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you're a huge idiot if you think that

I'm a huge idiot then. I'm gonna continue to take the crazy, controversial stance that murder is wrong. Wooee, look at me, so edgy! I'm finally edgier than SA!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Tell you what, I haven't seen someone light up a ball field like that since Yaz.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

I hope they are sarcastic. But I used to believe that the alt-right were sarcastic. Now I take people at their word.

I'm a huge idiot then. I'm gonna continue to take the crazy, controversial stance that murder is wrong. Wooee, look at me, so edgy! I'm finally edgier than SA!

Nice meltdown :sad:

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Rabbit Hill posted:

Arlington, VA, is not rural Texas or rural Virginia, for that matter. It's fully within the DC-Boston urban megalopolis. I'd be really surprised if the guy was routinely driving around with a rifle in his vehicle.

I live in Austin and I know people who have rifles in their trucks.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

And I'm sure, you know, he has sympathy for the victims in there somewhere. But most important thing is that he couldn't shoot the guy.

In the comedy-option Karma Universe, the Republicans would all be armed and ended up shooting each other.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You won't get banned for trying to be serious in a forum where we're all cracking jokes about a serious situation.

Nailing yourself to a cross over it might.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012
I think some folks aren't aware that the shooting victim is this "person":

quote:

“For anyone to suggest that I was involved with a group like that is insulting and ludicrous,” Scalise told the Times-Picayune on Monday night. The organization, founded by former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, has been called a hate group by several civil rights organizations.

(Spoiler/Ron Howard alert: he was)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.80ef9f20fc2b

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
If you could travel back in time and kill Hitler to prevent him from repealing Obamacare, would you do it?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly, I don't care so much about anyone's politics as I really want to hope that we're not at a point as a country where shooting politicians is normal discourse.

I'd much rather see them die lonely and afraid after losing their offices by popular vote.

This is from a few pages back, but you should realize that virtually none of these politicians will die lonely and afraid. They all have lucrative jobs lined up in the private sector.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

SweetAsselin posted:

Really, how is Hannity/Fox News not being swarmed then?

I really can't help you if you can't tell the difference between a single individual on a forum and the propaganda wing of the most powerful political party in the world.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

This is from a few pages back, but you should realize that virtually none of these politicians will die lonely and afraid. They all have lucrative jobs lined up in the private sector.

Everyone dies lonely and afraid.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I just heard on Fox that he is getting ready to go into surgery.

Lord, please be with Rep. Scalise as he prepares for surgery to heal his injury. Let Your Spirit be with the medical staff caring for him. Provide comfort for his family. Heal all those injured and affected during this tragic time. Guide our President to make the right choices during his tenure. We pray that the police apprehend the shooter quickly. Please bless America and continue to protect our country and keep us heading down the correct path. Through Christ out Lord, Amen.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

I think some folks aren't aware that the shooting victim is this "person":

(Spoiler/Ron Howard alert: he was)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.80ef9f20fc2b

I mean, a few things here:

1. He wasn't the only one shot.

2. I still don't want people indiscriminately murdered, regardless of how repugnant their beliefs and actions are.

3. If basic sympathy doesn't apply, then remember that, if Scalise had died, this would be significantly worse, politically, for anyone on the left. Way, way, way worse. If you can't muster up enough sympathy to hope a guy isn't summarily murdered at a baseball practice, then at least have the self-preservation instinct to hope the American left can dodge having a political murder pinned to it when tensions are already this high.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Crabtree posted:

If you think that's bad, wait until ACHA passes and the first death is actually a Republican congreeman's kid for revenge for their kid having to die because they have nothing to pay for medical costs.

Won't happen. Hate to break it to you but GOP congressmen are generally very wealthy and have little material concern.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Chilichimp posted:

You won't get banned for trying to be serious in a forum where we're all cracking jokes about a serious situation.

Nailing yourself to a cross over it might.

Man, if these "jokes" were sick funny, it'd help me see you were all joking. No actual joke content so far.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Rabbit Hill posted:

Especially because it is incredibly easy to find yourself in D.C. as a result of a missed exit or wrong turn. Then you spend 20 minutes trying to get back into VA because in many places the way you got in to D.C. is nowhere near a way to get out.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

This is going to be a shitshow of a day and it's only 9:45.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Man, if these "jokes" were sick funny, it'd help me see you were all joking. No actual joke content so far.

We get it, you're the adult in the room. Ease off that throttle.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The opinion he called you a huge idiot over is your belief that you're gonna get banned over not wanting people to die.

People ITT get probated often for posting about wanting to commit violence. You're not in The_Donald rn.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Ron DeSantis was given leading questions by Stephanopoulos so he could be told "the guy asking you about whether they were Republicans is the shooter!"

Waters getting super muddy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

idk, my left-hitter pun was great, not my fault if you're a huge pissbaby who can't get jokes. :colbert:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I keep forgetting that what I hope will happen generally has a massive effect on what actually happens!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

Especially because it is incredibly easy to find yourself in D.C. as a result of a missed exit or wrong turn. Then you spend 20 minutes trying to get back into VA because in many places the way you got in to D.C. is nowhere near a way to get out.

Before GPS and phones this was a real pain in the rear end.

Also no matter what really happened by noon the President will claim that there is a terrorist threat to all Republicans and maybe even imply that the DNC is behind it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Gustav posted:

If you could travel back in time and kill Hitler to prevent him from repealing Obamacare, would you do it?

man imagine BarbarianElephant were to invent the Time Machine, everything would stay the same

:tinfoil:

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 14, 2017

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I'm hoping the shooter turns out to be a disgruntled Capitol staffer. Any political motivation is going to be bad for everyone. My next guess would be an unstable guy who got whispered by Russian agents. Functionally probably the same as a leftist radical, as no one will take a Russian connection seriously.

The Republicans who were there were no doubt traumatized and ready to pass some extra lovely legislation. #AlexandriaSurvivor is going to help their campaigns.

Despite no one dying, this is a lovely event.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sloober posted:

Won't happen. Hate to break it to you but GOP congressmen are generally very wealthy and have little material concern.

It wouldn't be hard for someone's kid who really loves nose candy to make themselves vulnerable at a party. Remember that these are rich kids I'm talking about.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Sloober posted:

Think you misread that. Poor guys kid dies due to inability to pay medical costs, poor guy kills congressmans son in revenge.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Blindeye posted:

Ron DeSantis was given leading questions by Stephanopoulos so he could be told "the guy asking you about whether they were Republicans is the shooter!"

Waters getting super muddy

The Narrative is already taking hold despite evidence to the contrary. Honestly it's probably best to just tune out until the afternoon when more solid information is known.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The guy obviously wanted to join an exclusive club only occupied by Carl Mays and that dude that killed a coach with a bat in a minor league game.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Harrow posted:

I mean, a few things here:

1. He wasn't the only one shot.

2. I still don't want people indiscriminately murdered, regardless of how repugnant their beliefs and actions are.

3. If basic sympathy doesn't apply, then remember that, if Scalise had died, this would be significantly worse, politically, for anyone on the left. Way, way, way worse. If you can't muster up enough sympathy to hope a guy isn't summarily murdered at a baseball practice, then at least have the self-preservation instinct to hope the American left can dodge having a political murder pinned to it when tensions are already this high.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Well if it were terrorism related you know we'd of heard that already, so we have that going for us.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gustav posted:

No but if someone else did I would retweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

jeremy posted:

JFC, this is the kind of poo poo that springs up on extremist forums, which I'm sincerely hoping SA has not become. You (and I) might hate their politics, but they're still human beings.

We'd all be better off if some human beings were dead.

• Locked thread